RP Halo: Beyond the Rim

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Dragonclaw, Nov 2, 2016.

1. HunterC1998

HunterC1998 Cosmos Killer

((Whoops...Oh boy..))
    He just keeps close now, looking around the hall, and trying to figure why the angle...

Dragonclaw and Firebird Zoom like this.
  2. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

"Should we ditch the Warthog? It might just slow us down. Also we're going to need to turn left up there."
    Michael points up ahead to a hallway.

You've reached a clearing that reveals a large amount of missing earth that must've been displaced by the crash. You also see the ship. It isn't very armored and doesn't seem to have any weapons.

You end up teleporting to the outside of the crashed ship, where you see another, very different ship hovering over the crash. Looks like someone is here. And they didn't even knock!

You get enough to destroy the Wraith. It looks like you're already in the optimal drop position. Now all you need to do is drop them and hope that the Wraith doesn't move out of the way.

Once you come out, there is a pause between the time you come out and the rest of the bridge putting their weapons down.
    "I don't think so. That just doesn't seem like them. Especially the other Sangheli. They'd be afraid to lose what little honor they might have left. Anyways, we kicked them off the bridge and haven't seen them since. They haven't left, and they haven't tried to retake the bridge. That means that they're probably off doing something... like... sabotage... Quick, where would you go if you wanted to take out a Cruiser?"
    You can see that the Elite was a bit nervous now.

Firebird Zoom likes this.
  3. HunterC1998

He nods and heads that way.
    "Well, if it slows us, may as well drop it...But that means we can't Dodge any more trouble.."

4. Jake9039

Jake9039 Pangalactic Porcupine

jake drops the grenades, and waits more, hoping that the wraith doesn't move.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Angry RAM decides to teleport to the biggest opening in the ship that is NOT crashed, and see what's inside, and maybe give them a piece of his mind.

5. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Vistar raises his eyebrows...what kind of ship would this be? Research? Transport?

6. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

Hopefully no one will be able to fit a Wraith through these halls. There could be some ground forces in here, but those shouldn't be too hard. You come across a door that Michael opens and walks through, looking at a data pad he must've brought with him.

You think it would be research, since the transports would be carrying important stuff and wouldn't end up drifiting into a Forerunner shield world. Most of the time.

They fall down, seemingly getting slower before they hit the Wraith. There is a silence for a few seconds, and then the Wraith explodes into a purple fireball.
    ----
    You can't seem to get a definite lock on the ship. There seems to be interference, and it looks like they have a shield up. You could try teleporting under it or on top of it.

7. Jake9039

Angry RAM teleport just under it and tries to fire a small beam into the hull.

Jake reloads, and checks his gear.

8. Jirky-Kake

Jirky-Kake Phantasmal Quasar

Mie wasn't sure what the elite was alluding to, but stays calm when seeing they were nervous. "Well, that depends. If from the inside and I wanted to take it over, I'd head to the bridge. If I wanted to blow up the entire ship, well, I'd imagine you'd need a bomb big enough to do so, but I'd head to the engine room since I'm sure that's where the most volatile equipment is located. Why? It's not like they're going to blow themselves up just to kill a few of us, especially if we just walk back to our ship." She responds, squinting a bit at them.

9. HunterC1998

"You mapping this joint or have a map?"

10. Arra

Arra The End of Time

" Hmph. Wonder what they were researching. "

11. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

A younger, more enthusiastic Marine sticks her hand up in the air.
    "Oh, I know! This thing was like a survey vessel, looking at different planets and testing their worth. Maybe one of them is my future retirement home..."
    "Hey, just for future reference, you don't need to raise your hand. This isn't school."
    "I have some blueprints for this. I looked over them before, but I don't have a very photographic memory. Now I just have to hope it doesn't run out of batteries..."
    Michael continues on, looking more at the data pad than his surroundings. Hopefully he doesn't manage to find a hole in the floor.

The beam doesn't do much. It seems to melt a small amount of the hull, but you'd need a bigger weapon if you want to destroy it. Or a medium-sized one if you want their attention.
    ---
    You have you Asault Rifle and Magnum (did I get it?). While you're reloading, you spot a laser outside that goes off after about a second.

"If they can get the reactor to the right settings, they might be able to take out BOTH ships. And it's not just us they'd destroy. They'd be taking out the whole ship, which is pretty valuable. I'm going to the engine room. I'm not letting some Covenant scum blow up this ship..."
    The Elite heads to the engine room. You could either follow them or head back through the docking tube and fly out of here. Those seem like your two main choices.

12. Jake9039

((I'm pretty sure I had a needler instead of a magnum.))"Ethan, could you look at the battlenet? I think a jackal just attacked us. Is it possible that they know we hijacked the ship?" Ethan checks the battlenet.

13. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

((Ah. Now I remember. You had a needler.))

It is possible that they know, since there haven't been any transmissions from your ship. There isn't anything on the attorney about attacking your ship though...
    ---
    You should be able to get into the ship through an area close to the engines. You have no clue where it might lead you though. It just looks like it should lead somewhere.

14. Jake9039

Jake looks over the edge, trying to see what shot them.

15. Jirky-Kake

Jirky-Kake Phantasmal Quasar

Mie softly sighs and would much rather just leave the ship and take off, but if the ship is valuable, then perhaps it was worth it to try and stop it from being destroyed. "Two ships are better than one. Let us just hope this gamble does not blow up in our face... literally." She states before following, motioning the rest of her team to follow.

16. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

You spot something just as it moves out of your field of view. 'It wasn't that big' is most of the information you got from that glance.
    ---
    You navigate through some short ducts and find yourself in what must be the reactor room. There's a large, glowing sphere in the middle, which kind of gives it away.

You almost get to the engine room without any problems. You lost the other Elite soon after you left the bridge. Now that you hear plasma fire, you realize that you might've found both the Elite and the Covenant. There's a door in between you and the fighting. All you have to do is open it up.

17. Jake9039

Jake asks Ethan to pull up the security cameras on his hid( if the ship has one) and looks for anything unusual.

18. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

The ship doesn't have security, but you do notice a hull breach near the engine room. And now the reactor is destabilizing. That's NOT good. If it blows, it'll take the ship with it in a half second.
    ---
    Any more firing and you risk possibly vaporizing yourself. Right now it seems to be fluctuating, which probably means it is going to explode. You should be out of the blast radius in a few seconds, but you don't know how powerful that thing is, so you can't be sure.

19. Jake9039

Angry RAM flies out and teleport to the crashed ship, towards the part that sticks out the most.

20. HunterC1998

He follows close and tries to watch for him.