Habitat for the Remains of Humanity

Discussion in 'Side Quests' started by cthomasdig, Feb 20, 2016.

Tags:
  1. cthomasdig

cthomasdig Void-Bound Voyager

After earth was destroyed billions of humans were left dead/homeless. Our goal is simple: build small humble home for the now scattered human civilization and eventually find a new earth for them. Using tax deductible pixel donations and volunteer work we will accomplish our goal. The humans are chosen by their need for a home and ability to pay off a mortgage. They give 300 hour of sweat equity and are given classes that teach them essentials such as financial management, estate planning, maintaining their teleporter to the outpost, and fending off pesky monsters. When the house is done the are given it with no down payment and an interest free mortgage.

This side quest/quests would be simple teleport down to a planet as a volunteer and build a house that can be defended from monsters. Then you would place a "poor colony deed" which would look more beat up then a normal deed. The family would teleport in (as long as you met the normal deed requirements) and night would fall. since the teleporter runs on solar energy you and the new family (who would be NPCs) must defend the teleporter from an onslaught of monsters. The teleporter would be in a set location so players couldn't just put it underground. This quest could be done multiple different times with the biome and the monster differing every time.

Please post any flaws you see in this in the comments.

qualiyah and Trek47 like this.
  2. BPStuart

BPStuart Phantasmal Quasar

I like this idea.
    I had one similar where you would scout out different planets for settlements, you would get started by building worker living space, put down a volunteer deed and then come back later to see the settlement building and expanding from villages to large forts. The more danderous the planet the more tasks you must do but the eventual rewards from it would be greater. It would also be an excuse to explore new types of worlds.
    The settlements could even give you missions, like a settlemnt on a world with poison oceans could have you collecting waste and sludge for environmental reclamation experiments.

soarin24 likes this.
  3. Lichen

Lichen Big Damn Hero

Oh my kluex, it's coming guys the meme is coming
    [​IMG]

4. BPStuart

BPStuart Phantasmal Quasar

I will never escape Preston Garvey.

5. Sharp(JQ)

Sharp(JQ) Ketchup Robot

Of course, the global quest line and the highest goal for each race would have been very interesting.

But I'm afraid that in this case, only my children can play the game. :)

6. flibergdde

flibergdde Subatomic Cosmonaut

?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?

7. Ludovic

Ludovic Giant Laser Beams

I'm playing Nightly and I wonder if they haven't already begun to answer this.
    Namely, I was travelling on a planet..... then suddenly I encountered a broken down camping car. Nearby were a lot of humans..... I though that was just something like the occasional tent+NPC but then I realized there were armed, peaceful, guards. Human guards.

The place, even though it lacked merchant, was literally an human "settlement". The limits, broken down campaign cars seemingly used as guard post.... similarly protected by humans in titanium gear. A -ton- of tents in-between. Very sparse though, so for a moment I wondered if this was just a "space camping ground" despite the guards.

Then one of the NPC, rather than just a generic "hi" or "hello!" spoke me this line:
    "Space is too big. I want Earth back!"

Note they didn't say "I want to return to Earth". They literally said "I want Earth BACK". So this is a group of humans who -know- Earth is gone, who lives only in tent with only what few guards available for their protection, in the wilderness of an alien planet.... broken down vehicles possibly kept at the borders of the camps like makeshift guard posts...

I very much believe and think I might have discovered my very first Human refugees camp in the game.

8. alextulinov

alextulinov Scruffy Nerf-Herder

T
    This would be so much better than the current quests,especially if the player doesn't have to do anything

9. soarin24

soarin24 Void-Bound Voyager