1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Gyrusens+ [v1.8.6]

Alien reptile race from distant lands, and more! (No longer requires Airless Dungeons!)

1. G.Xyon

G.Xyon Space Kumquat

No problem! The tomes appear at randomly through the same dungeon; every time you find a new dungeon, there's a 1 in a 5 chance to get any of the tomes. As well, I would like to say that the mission isn't entirely required as (I'm sure you already know) you can unlock the tomes themselves and learn them: however if you do get all tomes, you will not have to unlock them all as the NPC will unlock all tomes for you through the quest.

If this does present a problem or gets too tedious, I can make adjustments in order to make the progression a bit more streamlined!

2. Myuuthemew

Myuuthemew Void-Bound Voyager

I
    It's all good ^w^, I'm just wondering if finishing the mission will help me survive to those corrupted planets since everything there kills me in with two hits instantly.

3. Suspensen

Suspensen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Guide "How to break the system": Find Gurysens settlement - buy 1000 ouron bars(50K pixels) - make 200 ouron(1000)-Coins - sell for 400K pixels - repeat.
    Srsly?

G.Xyon likes this.
  4. Myuuthemew

Myuuthemew Void-Bound Voyager

Is the mod okay with Frackin?
    If so, should I even download Frackin, do any of you recommend it?
    I'm unsure if I'll need to remake my character considering I'm around End Game and it'll mess up planets and what not.

5. G.Xyon

G.Xyon Space Kumquat

The mod is very compatible with Frackin' Universe, there's even a compatibility patch so it's as compatible as it can be! I recommend it personally, it adds life and extends the playtime of the game considerably; it will, as expected, mess with your universe, but it should not require a wipe before installing it. However I should warn you (and there is ample warning on FU's overview page too), that if you plan to uninstall once you load up the game with it, you will lose your universe save due to corruption, so it's a one-way trip! You can reinstall the mod to continue using the save, so there's that at least

But as far as it goes for installing and playing it, it's a smooth transition that won't require any wipes, either universe of character! I never play SB without FU installed, it's too essencial in my books.

I $ee ab$olutely nothing wrong with thi$, $r$ly. :up:
    I'll nerf the price of the Ouron Coins on the next patch. Thanks for the find!:rofl:

ZaChrome likes this.
  6. crystalfeather3

crystalfeather3 Starship Captain

Thanks for this really fun mod! I have discovered quite a few outposts since your FU patch and even the home base. I really like the personality of the Gyrusens, would you say it's 'laconic humor'? the bit about 'meta' for glitch characters. Love it. When I've played this a while I want to leave a review, so far it 5 starts tho. thanks again.

G.Xyon likes this.
  7. G.Xyon

G.Xyon Space Kumquat

I really appreciate the kindness! We're very glad you're enjoy the mod, if you have any suggestions or comments to improve on it, let us know! Super happy the patches are working as intended too!

Yeah, I'd say that the gyrusens have a sarcastic/laconic humor now that I think about it. And the whole 'breaking the 4th wall' humor is honestly a personal favorite, but it might turn down some people as it breaks immersion. What can ya do, right?

Hope you continue to enjoy the mod, there's a ton more goodies planned! :D

8. Saint Apollyon

Saint Apollyon Phantasmal Quasar

I wouldn't consider this a major bug or anything, but none of the stats on the armor shows up? I don't know if this is just me, or an actual problem, or intentional, or whatever. Just throwing it out there just in case!

G.Xyon likes this.
  9. Dragon_Tom005

Dragon_Tom005 Existential Complex

10. ZaChrome

ZaChrome Scruffy Nerf-Herder

@Dragon_Tom005
    First, don't send such a thing, send the log from the storage folder, it contains more infos on what the problem might be and second, you don't have airless Dungeon installed :
    " Caused by : (StarException) Asset Source 'Gyrusen' is missing dependency 'Airless Dungeons' "
    install it, as it IS ASKED on the front page to install it : " The Gyrusens+ mod requires >[Airless Dungeons]< mod! This mod allows moons and other planets to host dungeons "
    Then come back to us with your log if anything else happens

xaliber likes this.
  11. G.Xyon

G.Xyon Space Kumquat

G.Xyon updated Gyrusens+ with a new update entry:

Soft patches!

Read the rest of this update entry...

12. shinyarceus4

shinyarceus4 Pangalactic Porcupine

I remember Steam workshop being mentioned at some point... has that plan been shelved?

13. G.Xyon

G.Xyon Space Kumquat

Nope! Much like the last patch mentioned, we're taking pre-emptive steps to make sure that all content flowing, once the mod is released to the Steam Workshop, is new content. Bug fixes and such will still happen but massive changes (much like the seal armor/weapon progression, gyrusen city changes, et al) will be dealt first before releasing into the Workshop platform. Currently, the mod is undergoing a big re-evaluation on the Gyrusen City instance which is what's holding the port back; however, these changes are coming very, very soon.

I reckon that the next patch may possibly the one that makes the Steam version public. At the moment, certain new-ish dungeons are being outfitted with proper decoration and polishing up the progression so the mod doesn't seem too jagged once released. Once that's done, everything that will follow should be considered new content by both new and old players alike; we have plenty in store!

I hope this clears up any doubts, have a good one!

shinyarceus4 and Dragon_Tom005 like this.
  14. Suspensen

Jiynku blood, eyes, flesh and heart. Can i make my own Jyinku?

15. G.Xyon

G.Xyon Space Kumquat

Unless you're some kind of goddess that can spring life into beings from the gyrusen universe, you'll have to settle with catching them with capture pods!

---

Hey people! Totally-not-dead Gyr here. It's been almost two whole months since the last update and to that I have to apologize as most of the time spent has been on either uni or very, very lengthy distractions!

So far the updates have been thoroughly planned out and a good plan-of-action will be taken accordingly! This next week should be the upcoming and long-awaited Steam Update, which includes a whole refurbishing of the Cathedral mission world, the Hexing Tear Base (and possibly a revisit on the dungeon itself so it's a bit more streamlined), and final touch-ups on the gyrusen spritesheet (making sure everything's neat and tidy, tweaking the colors ever so slightly, that kind of stuff).

The Gyrusen City dungeon will still remain regardless in either version (Forum Download or Steam version) but will not be accessible by normal means, much like it is currently. Settlements and Villages can still be found, though! If you still wish to access the Gyrusen City and visit it for old-times-sake, you can still do so by using "/warp InstanceWorld:gyrcity", without the quotation marks.

In an unrelated note...
    [​IMG]
    Any of you have any idea what this could be...?

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
    Saint Apollyon likes this.
  16. Suspensen

Gene tree or Chakra?

17. L4DTurbozero

L4DTurbozero Scruffy Nerf-Herder

10407788_1538005766516647_7435597978655732331_n.jpg

Saint Apollyon likes this.
  18. G.Xyon

G.Xyon Space Kumquat

19. Lindazana

Lindazana Cosmic Narwhal

So. I'm a horrible person with too much free time (due to procrastination), and am guilty of a horrible sin for this species that must be shown and atoned for.

Gyrusen edit.png

20. L4DTurbozero

L4DTurbozero Scruffy Nerf-Herder

when will god stop your sinful hand.png

Lindazana likes this.