Modding Discussion Gun Textures

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by ChaosVanguard12, Jul 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ChaosVanguard12

ChaosVanguard12 Space Hobo

I was attempting to mod the dragonhead and it's textures. The icon was changed, and the gun works, problem is that the gun doesn't show up when I'm holding it. If anyone can help please reply to this post.

Edit: [SOLVED]

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
  2. IHart

IHart Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You only edited the image? It's possible you changed the size which would prevent the frames file from working properly.

3. SpazDiesFirst360.0

SpazDiesFirst360.0 Phantasmal Quasar

Did you put everything in the right directory? If it isn't and you refer to the file(s) as being in one spot when it isn't, the game will not load the assets correctly.

Also, it is always good to provide a log.

4. ChaosVanguard12

Sorry it's my first post.

I have everything in the right directory, I edited the .activeitem and the .pngs that relate to the .activeitem.
    I know that it works, it's just that it doesn't pop up. I use the same steps I did on the dragonhead on the hakucide, and it pops up when I use it.

5. ChaosVanguard12

When I compare the two .pngs (mine and the original) the pixels are the same amount on both, not to mention all I did was recolor the handle and barrel.

6. IHart

That's good. Share your activeitem edits?

7. ChaosVanguard12

8. IHart

9. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

Hey man! Like @SpazDiesFirst360.0 said, it's really useful to post your starbound.log file when getting help with bugs like this. You can find it in the storage folder. Make sure to post the log file without any numbers after it. Just chuck it in on pastebin and post the link here.

10. ChaosVanguard12

Yes all of them are in the same folder "\items\active\weapons\other\infinitiumgun"

11. ChaosVanguard12

Log

https://github.com/Chaosvanguard/Starbound-Modding/blob/master/starbound.log

12. IHart

13. ChaosVanguard12

14. IHart

15. ChaosVanguard12

If I edited the picture from the original. Do I export it as a .frames?
    If not, then I'm lost on what to do.

16. IHart

Look in the folder where you got the image file from originally.

17. ChaosVanguard12

I'm currently unpacking the packed.pak on my other computer to see if I unpacked it wrong, or something didn't unpack. I'll get back to you on the problem with the .frames

18. ChaosVanguard12

My laptop that I am working on the mod on didn't successfully unpack the packed file, but my computer did. I'm just going to move the unpacked assets over to my laptop.

19. IHart

It is very easy to close the unpacker before it's finished, it just usually looks like it's done before it actually is.

20. ChaosVanguard12

I now have the .frames in the file, but when I use the gun, only the red eyes pop up

Edit: I used the wrong .png xD