Guide: FrackinUniverse (SB 1.0+)

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Xylia, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

The material is Tungsten Blocks which you can make pretty early now (there was a time you had to farm those!). The Metal Pipes, AFAIK, need to be farmed still, keep checking Cyber Worlds until you see a bunch of them.

And yeah, I thought the "conduit pipes" were a cool idea lol. They are meant to be conduits for electric wires (even though there are no physical wires game-wise).

Glad you liked it!

2. Arnust

Arnust Big Damn Hero

Welp, i'm mostly set. The very last thing is water automation, wonder if wiring the pumps into the Tray will work.

Apparently the station that lets you create the seeds like Mutavisk, Poe and such is uncraftable unless it unlocks after making the Gene Sequencer, so i got worried for naught.

3. psrkallez06

psrkallez06 Void-Bound Voyager

Nice! Also i might as well ask if you know any good way to make pixels (without cheating)? Maybe farm something that is easy and then sell it etc? instead of just mining ores and selling as i do now.. lol. Cheers!

4. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I think you are supposed to upgrade (the UPGRADE button in the machine's UI) the Greenhouse (the wooden station that lets you make modified food etc) to get it. IIRC.

How many pixels are we talking, exactly?

I grab every weapon and vanity costume item I run across and I generally have 20k+ pixels before I do the Floran Dungeon mission, lol.

Vanity Costume items are usually VERY expensive, going for 800-1500px each (though some are weirdly cheap) except for ones found in missions (since that would be an exploit; you could just run the mission over and over again). That's why you should take every musical instrument and vanity costume item you run across, especially the junk you know you'd never use. Those are worth a lot of pixels to Terramart apparently lol.

5. Arnust

Arnust Big Damn Hero

OOOOOH RIGHT KKKKK How could I not think of that? It's not a flaw per se but the Upgrade system being in FU (going from a workshop bench to a nanoassembler lol) being a bit unexpected, the wiki messes me up even more.
    Got almost every station up to max upgrade but the greenhouse was rotting in a corner of the rustic farm.

Also some Vanity from Missions is actually very expensive too, namely the ones in the Avian mission, the "Valkyrie Helm" and a feather crown. Also one just in the start and other in the middle.

6. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

That wiki is very horribly out of date IIRC. Unless, of course, someone has actually been editing it. Last I checked, it was very old and incomplete; I feel that people gave up on it when editing it as fast as sayter releases updates was nigh impossible unless you were working on it as a fulltime job.

Usually, if you want to find something you either build the lab station OR use Git Search, lol. At least that works with most things. The latter option requires some rudimentary knowledge of JSON and how SB's mod system works.

Really? I saw that several from the moon and floran missions were only worth a few hundred so I assumed that any mission vanity would be cheap, and that this was because they didn't want people repeating the missions over and over again for loot (kinda like Frozen Wastes LOL)

7. Arnust

Arnust Big Damn Hero

8. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I don't think those prices that are listed are what it sells to NPC for, is it? Or maybe it is, lol. I've never tried selling one of those. It's unique enough that I usually stash it somewhere. And, IIRC, you can only get it if you take a specific path through the Temple.

But if it really does sell for that, then definitely, running the Temple repeatedly is probably the best way to make pixels, assuming you've got weapons that can make short work of the boss at the end.

9. Arnust

Arnust Big Damn Hero

The V Helm is shortly after the firs room with actual combat, all to the left, there's a door which leads to a puzzle of pressing 6 pressure plates in a short period (it's a bit tricky) and bam, trapdoor leading to the chest. Can't take more than the bird man nagging you a bit and rushing a bit, 5 minutes maybe? You can warp out the mission anytime but it resets it, what is what you actually want anyway.

And no, the tag on the item is not the actual selling prize but the buying one, so it's below 50% iirc when you try to sell it.

10. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Ahh, I suppose you could warp out and then warp back in, lol. True. I couldn't remember which chest had the valk helm, I remember there were multiple paths with unique loot in each, but if you just did the helms, yeah that would go rather quick.

And yeah I figured that was not the actual sell-to-vendor price, lol. But still, even at 1500-2000 pixels that's still awesome. The old bird's dissertations could get old after awhile if you keep doing it over and over again, though.

11. Arnust

Arnust Big Damn Hero

With a jam and maybe even reading the Codex it can't be bad.

Goddamit the irrigation is making me crazy, it's just implausible to refill every tray (got one for almost every crop) manually, which was obtained by throwing water buckets into a pit to manually recollect the Water. *inintelligible noises*

12. Gogeta

Gogeta Void-Bound Voyager

Best way I have found to make money is farming.

[​IMG]

A farm like that, with or without the Gardenbots will net you more money than you know what to do with(Millions within a day).

Also, those orange hydroponics trays require no water, or anything.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  13. psrkallez06

Alright I'm getting crazy, where and HOW do i get the advanced centrifuge? I have all the other centrifuges but it won't unlock a recipie for it, i have also checked the github if i can spawn it but i can't.. please help?

14. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Newbie's Guide to GitHub Search (using your centrifuge as an example):

Step 1: Go to https://github.com/sayterdarkwynd/FrackinUniverse .
    Step 2: Enter "Centrifuge" in "This repository:"
    Step 3: Hit enter.
    Step 4: Look for an .object file (since the thing you're looking for is a placeable object), there are two of them: centrifuge.object and centrifuge2.object.
    Step 5: Click the centrifuge2.object link.
    Step 6: Look for "itemName:" (or objectName if it is an object) and note what it is called. (centrifuge2). They do not always match the .recipe, .item, .object files that's why you MUST find the actual in-game Name of the thing you're looking for.
    Step 7: Enter "centrifuge2" in the search box.
    Step 8: Look for "learnBlueprintsOnPickup" (it's listed under centrifuge.object)

voila.

Grab a centrifuge to learn centrifuge2 (which is the advanced centrifuge).

If you cannot figure out how to make it, search for centrifuge2 again and find the .recipe file.

In the .recipe file, look for "groups". It says "powerstation".

You need to build this at the power station.

EDIT: If you pick a centrifuge up and don't see that you learned anything, chances are you already know the recipe.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  15. Arnust

Arnust Big Damn Hero

So like the Lab Centrifugue? That should be at the Power Station if you built it yourself. Maybe it's unlocked by making the Iron Centrifuge, though.

Btw the Carbon Grapple is hilarious. It can even make Zero Gravity areas doable as it defies physics xD

16. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Hmm, it does? I'll have to look for it... I wanna do asteroids because they are simply awesome. I love asteroids in FU.

I don't, however, want to have to wait until the freaking Flightfire Spear, lol. Doesn't that take pyreite or something IIRC?

17. Arnust

Arnust Big Damn Hero

Not really. It takes Carbon, unrefined even, and something else. It works well cuz it's super fast and has enormous range, like the edge of the screen if you play in 2x maybe or less.

Yeah, love how you can rake 500 ore from the basic materials in a run, encourages a lot building with minerals and not wood like a scrub.

18. psrkallez06

Thank you for the answer! I have checked the the "centrifuge2" is the gas centrifuge, and the first one is the lab centrifuge, even tho i have admin on ingame, i can't find the advanced centrifuge in the power station... It's so weird.

19. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Are you sure it even still exists? Sayter said he changed the centrifuge system awhile back. If Centrifuge2 is the Gas Centrifuge, and there is no Centrifuge3, then I would surmise a guess that there ARE only 4-5 centrifuges (the 2 Bees! ones, the wooden, the lab, and the gas).

If nothing else, just /admin and open the Power Station and see if it appears. /admin temporarily enables ALL recipes and makes them free to produce.

20. TOFUFreak

TOFUFreak Void-Bound Voyager

From what i read about the Releases (concerning Centrifuges), the Adv. Centrifuge doesn't exist anymore - it was replaced by the Gas Centrifuge (although that one does different things afaik)...
    Ah, here it is - Release 5.0.0, in the Crafting Stations Section: "Advanced Centrifuge renamed to Gas Centrifuge. Power cost increased to 10."