Guide: FrackinUniverse (SB 1.0+)

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Xylia, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Dante1120

Dante1120 Astral Cartographer

Solar panels and such of course, it's the most effective way IMO

2. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

AFAIK, unless you're trying to be "real" in roleplay, I don't think the machines sense the presence of air and therefore all the machines should work as normal?

3. ADeadlyWaffle

ADeadlyWaffle Master Chief

Hey I got kinda deep into this mod but i don't know where to go at this point, can I get someone to join my server and give me a few pointers? I am sorry that I have so many mods if you do join, most of them are quality-of-life.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
  4. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Why don't you tell me what FU crafting/power machines you have, and I'll tell you where to go next?

5. ADeadlyWaffle

Well, I got:
    -Matter Assembler
    -Extraction Lab
    -Fission Furnace
    -Armory
    -Clothing Fabricator
    -Power Station
    -Nano Fabricator
    -Xeno Research Lab
    -Lab Centrifuge
    -Bio-Chem Lab
    -I also have a full suit of X10 Power armor (hard to come by)
    -Also have a small mutavisk farm (because apparently I need the fabric)

But my main issue is that I need proto-poison resist and the only way to get that is to get the ores from a proto world (which makes no sense to me)
    The other issue is that there is so much stuff in this mod I really don't know where to go, or what is better

6. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

How can the new techs be installed?

7. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Proto Poison Resist: Type-S Survival Pack is the easiest way (IIRC, it unlocks with Oxygen). You make it with some simple materials, AND it provides light. Add a Re-Breather to that and combine it with your X-10 Power Armor and you got a really nice setup going, easily enough to last you until War Angel Armor (you will want to get some Darklight Flower Seeds off of a Shadow World before you go after Quietus/Blood Diamonds, though. That madness debuff is downright nasty).

Anyways, make the Type-S Survival Pack then you can start making things that need Quantum Processors and Advanced Alloys.

I haven't gotten that far since they were introduced; I've been busy with Stardew Valley lol.

8. ADeadlyWaffle

Thank you for that, but do you know of any trees/ seeds that would give me regenerative so I don't have to go through the mess of finding 10 blue flowers, and waiting for miracle grass to grow (and produce 3+ seeds)?

Also, there is another of these special EPP's, Field Generator I believe, but I don't know a thing about any of the ingots involved to make it (can't even remember how I unlocked it). Can you give me any hints towards where to find the ingots involved in making this piece of epicry? They are Irradium, Isogen, and Pyreite, also A.I. Chip is foreign to me.

And finally, where is the best place to check for musical instraments? I have only found an Oboe since I started this world and throughout my 40 worlds of travel never found another since. (I have a lot of music mods installed and it would be nice to be able to play it on something more enjoyable.)

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  9. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Red Flower Seed (that change was made after I wrote the guide, meh lol)

Pyreite, Isogen, Etc are all very high-end products; once you start messing around with Advanced Alloy (Protocite+Penumbrite+Zerchesium+Lead) and the machines made from Advanced Alloy, you will unlock these high level materials. IIRC, Quietus Bars and Blood Diamonds will unlock a couple, as will Obsidian Shards (10x Obsidian).

Musical Instruments are from vanilla; those are very highly RNG-based. You can get a few of the more common ones just by going through clusters of Gentle Stars and setting down on the Forests/Deserts (you could also do other planet types too, vanilla types) and just make a trip around the world.

What I do, is plunk a torch down at the beam-down point, and go in a direction, nabbing all the chests I see until I make a circle around the planet and then go to the next planet. You rack up MM Modules and Upgrade Modules, along with some cosmetic items and yes, instruments doing this.

Some instruments appear to spawn in certain racial villages (like the bone xylophone (?) spawning in Floran villages).

10. ADeadlyWaffle

Thanks for the information, so I now know RNG isn't on my side (gunna kms). Also, I very recently found out how insanely boring starbound is without other people to play with.(gunna kms again)

11. PyreStarite

PyreStarite Space Kumquat

Could you please cover the FU crew members as there are alot of them and the wikis aren't very helpful.

12. NyanAsh

NyanAsh Space Spelunker

Could you tell me where I find ebon blocks to make ebon shards, please? Haven't been able to find much about them online and delving into random planets hasn't given me any so far.

13. tealsummernights

tealsummernights Void-Bound Voyager

Anyone have tips for what weapons and armor are worth making, beyond the Mutavisk stuff? I think I saw someone mention the X10 Power Armor at some point...

14. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Sayter has been going hardcore on balancing stuff, so that ALL the weapons and armor have relevance... but... each armor has its own niche, and tier, and it depends on what order you go at the game, and what protection(s) you need. Personally, before the latest few updates, what I personally did...

1). Start out with either Bone, Noble's or Swashbuckler's before the Erchius Facility, depending on what materials you can get ahold of on your starter planet.
    2). After Erchius Mining Facility, I'd then try to get ahold of Mutavisk ASAP.
    3). Type-S Survival Pack with Re-Breather Installed ASAP. This covers Light, Proto-Poison, and Airless Areas.
    4). I'd start grinding up for X-10 Power Armor (mine Chromatic Dirt from Chromatic Worlds with your Mutavisk Armor for the Carbon from extractor!)

After X-10 Power armor, you can either start saving up for War Angel (which is your end destination until you get the stuff to make Shoggoth or Elder), or if you see another sweet upgrade, you could go for that instead.

X-10 Power Armor is awesome for the Run Boost (does it still have that?) and the fact it covers Vanilla Heat, Cold, and Rads which allows you to explore all Vanilla planet types. However, it won't protect you from Extreme Heat/Cold/Rads IIRC. But then you could always use more Type-S, Diamond Lantern, etc with Extreme Protection Augments that you should be able to make by then.

Not sure what else is good, there's soooooo many armors, lol. They're all good in their own way, just compare numbers and protections. Make what looks good to you. Fact is, why not make em all and have a giant mannequin room? lol.

EDIT: If you plan on going to any Gas Planets, you're going to need something with pressure protection. Maybe Spacer and its Upgrade?

15. tealsummernights

tealsummernights Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you very much for the reply! Your guide has been very helpful, though the learning curve is still very steep.

16. Esper Furioso

Esper Furioso Void-Bound Voyager

So, i've tried using Github and I can't find out how to make/find Liquid Metallic Hydrogen. I can't remember how i got the two drops of it i do have either. it's annoying but i'm probably just being dumb and missing something completely obvious ;-;

17. Cross Czech

Cross Czech Phantasmal Quasar

My initial source for Liquid Metallic Hydrogen was to place Deuterium Rods in a Centrifuge.
    If you need a lot, I have a friend who mines it from one of the Gas Ball planets. (hazard pay expected).

Xylia, love the museum (manequin room) idea. Already have one myself. :rofl:

18. daviman

daviman Intergalactic Tourist

Very well done, but there is one problem with my setup
    I did the light thing correctly and the gauges are filled but when i wire the Anisable Network to the solar array it says no power and doesnt light up

19. Plasmataz

Plasmataz Subatomic Cosmonaut

The solar array isn't enough power for the Ansible Network. The Ansible requires 4u of power generation, and while the Solar Array has a maximum output of 4u, that's only in certain environmental circumstances such as very high up on a mountain in sunny weather. The solar array on average produces around 2 - 3u of power depending on how the weather is and the location, which is more than the Solar Panel, but still not enough for the Ansible. A better alternative is to create a battery as well and place it next to the Ansible. During the day the battery will collect energy and when it has a bit stockpiled you can quickly wire it to your Ansible, buy what you need, and then break the connection again so that it doesn't waste excess power. If you build two Solar Arrays you can keep the Ansible on during the day as the power output will exceed the requirements to run the Ansible, but it will quickly drain your battery again during the night.

20. daviman

daviman Intergalactic Tourist

Thanks for the info!