RELEASED GreenFarm Extended and Vanilla! Now comes with a functional pool! 7/23/2016

A green farm that comes with two version, a vanilla like farm and an extended version.

1. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Um say... I havent modded my SDV that much... mostly just character sprites, and this mod looks really wonderful! I would love to download it but is there anything I should be wary of? can I use this on current characters? if not thats all right, I have not played in a while and starting fresh would be nice.

Oh also... is there any other mods that would compliment this one? as in... a more varied SDV overall?

• lannihamm

lannihamm Pangalactic Porcupine

Unless you're downloading the WonderfulLife version of this mod (more on this below) & you have objects placed where the hedges are, nope! (& even if you do, you can use your pickax or ax to remove them)

As for mods that suit this one, the Wonderful Farm Life & Underground House Cellar by taintedwheat & Jinxiewinxie, the 2Cute Farm Cave & 2Cute Greenhouse also by tainted, FarmHouseExtended by QuantumConcious, and Tego's Stardew Expansion by tegobash (although you will want to double-check TSE's compatibility with this mod & WFL) all either provide more farm & building space, more character/decor, or more map areas within the game.

As for aesthetics, I personally like eemie's Medieval Building thread (which has WAY more than just building retextures at this point), mushfae's Witchy-Gothic Buildings & Overgrown Fairy Buildings, and elyneara's Overgrown Farmhouse Assets (this set has been a WIP for awhile though).

eemie, Minakie and Corraidhín like this.
      • Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Good gods lol, I see! well thank you kindly c: Ill check them out see which fits the best! I want something that will fit Fall/Winter best!

edit: what is this SMAPI? some sort of modding tool?

lannihamm likes this.
        • Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

I'm using like 90% of those mods myself xD

eemie likes this.
          • lannihamm

Yup! SMAPI (which you can find here) is one of the main tools modders use to make changes to Stardew, and is pretty much essential if you want to change something past a simple retexture, but does have some limitations (this thread explains most of the tools used in modding Stardew, if you're curious). That being said, the successor to SMAPI, Farmhand, is already in development and should allow modders to do even more with their creations.

Another essential tool you'll probably want to get with some of these mods is the AdvancedLocationLoader (ALL), created by Entoarox -- it allows modders to add completely new areas to the game (like in Tego's Stardew Expansion).

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
              Corraidhín likes this.
            • Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Ahhh gotcha, thats quite a lot! I suppose ill hold on the more complex mods until the successor is finished then! thanks again c: this is really appreciated!

• lannihamm

I would personally still advise you to use SMAPI in the meantime (i'm not entirely sure on the estimated time of completion for Farmhand), but most mods offer non-SMAPI support, if possible, so it's totally up to you ^o^

Also, as for retextures that look good in the Fall/Winter, madelinealex has a Fall Inspired Recolor Set, as well as a Tan & Navy Set that might look nice, all six of Kiatsu's recolored building sets would look fab, and again, eemie's Medieval retextures.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
                • Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Actually I checked the medieval mod, it looks really nice! I think it would fit both Fall and Winter like a charm! and it would look great on the other seasons as well :3

• lannihamm

she actually recolored all the grass/trees/soil to better suit her buildings and it's fucking great, i love it. would highly recommend that as well <3

• Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Yeah im actually flabergasted... lamp posts... fences... stones, bloody hell this is gorgeous

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

For now the look seems to be "Once 1.1 gets released" for FarmHand, I am personally hoping for sooner (At least as a beta to iron out some bugs) but @ClxS is the one who gets to call the shots on FarmHand, since it is mainly his dedication that made it possible :)

lannihamm likes this.
                        • Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

FarmHand huh? Ill keep an eye on it :p

• Chisami

Chisami Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I love almost all of this mods execution, but I wonder if it's possible to ever fix a few of the issues here and there? :( Like the water blocks around the pond that don't blend quite right and the odd shading on the right side of the dog area.
                            Nonetheless, I think I'll try to find a way to disregard it and use it anyway! (I don't really know about modding this type of stuff or what is/isn't possible...)
                            Thank you still!

• Hitgirl911

Hitgirl911 Pangalactic Porcupine

Hey~ Sorry if I was inactive hahaha. Life got hectic.

For those planning to get the mod, I suggest clearing around the pond area :) The pond here is slightly bigger so you might have to clear some parts or you'll end up with a tree on the pond you can't get to.

(Someone already mentioned a wonderful farm life so I won't go into detailed of how nice it is (get it!), but I will warn you that the current version of that mod sorta brings in a couple of overlapping stuff. Still talking to Tainted on how to get those fixed.)

Could you send me pictures of the issues so I know which ones are having issues (My game is in winter now so I can't really check hahaha. It's all white and stuff.) also are you using a Wonderful Farm Life?

Corraidhín likes this.
                              • Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Oooh amazing! I think ill keep myself busy finishing the Bundles while things get sorted out c:

• Chisami

Chisami Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yes! Sorry for not including it initially, I had to go to work.
                                  [​IMG]
                                  Issues appear in winter as well. I don't use Wonderful Farm Life or any other mods that alters the farm. I have also noticed the pond in every other in-game screenshots on this thread.
                                  Thanks for the reply!

Jinxiewinxie likes this.
                                  • ClxS

ClxS Pangalactic Porcupine

Might be better to continue this in the SMAPI thread, but just to say: I'm not really precious about it, I'd be happy for anyone to continue working on it to get it ready sooner rather than later if they wanted! :)

• LexLape1994

LexLape1994 Void-Bound Voyager

Oh my god... I love you!!
                                      This is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you so much!!

I wanted a grass map, but all of the ones I found had some weird water feature, like lakes in different spots, rivers, etc. Which is adorable, BUT I have my farm laid out in such a way that I can't work around those features. (I'm also a massive symmetry nerd). There are so many things that I would love to have in game, recolors, etc. but I have no idea how to mod or do any of this. Also, I have a mac, so thank you!! <3

Here are some pics of your map in game:
                                      Screen Shot 2016-09-15 at 8.50.16 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-09-15 at 8.51.45 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-09-15 at 8.44.24 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-09-15 at 8.43.52 PM.png

The only issues I've noticed:
                                      1. There is some clipping around the edge of the lake (you can see in the attached photo of the lake. It's in the top left corner where it's a little blocky)
                                      2. I didn't clear enough around the lake, so I have a tree in the middle, but that's my fault, not yours, and also a very easy fix!

Great job! I look forward to any maps you make in the future!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
                                      • LexLape1994

LexLape1994 Void-Bound Voyager

I have to agree. Eemie's medieval modern buildings are amazing, and so are all of her other uploads! I use everything that she's put up, and love it all.

• Declension

Declension Cosmic Narwhal

Allo o 3o
                                          I dunno if it's the right place to ask but I love all the grass and everything.
                                          But I was wondering if there was a vanilla map with the fencing and the lakes returned to normal but still have grass? :eek: