1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Greckan Race Mod v1.2.5a (SB v1.3.3)

Adding A New Race Of Diplomatic Denizens To Your Universe!

1. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 Parsec Taste Tester

HunterC1998 likes this.
  2. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Huh. I figured they would grow the crystals from a corpse, using the minerals found in the bone.

Inf_Wolf14 likes this.
  3. Inf_Wolf14

We don't even know whether that's NOT an aspect of the process either. :)

The methods of the crystal growth are closely guarded and kept safe from public knowledge for the safety of the race as a whole.

Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  4. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

How goes progress?

5. Inf_Wolf14

Random, sporadic progress expanding Da'at.
    Some work on armor... Not much, though.
    Recently, getting ready to use some Golemancy scripts to implement some cool features.

But most recently, I'm getting ready to start on racial weapons. Even, though they're depreciated, I'd still like to have them available.
    I've also come to an agreement with another modder so I can bring their work into my mod for said weapons. :)
    (I won't say much about what work I'm implementing, however I can say that it will be awesome.)

6. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

Very thematic and nice. Fits nicely into the setting, not too obtrusive or anything. Beautiful work. Although I think the crafting recipes for marble blocks need some serious overhaul - two raw marble gives you ONE block? You're going to be mining forever just to get enough to make a small cabin. The majority of vanilla block recipes give you a ton of blocks for a modest amount of materials just so you can build to your heart's content.

Question, though - how do I reach this Da'at place? I've found two villages so far, but...

7. Inf_Wolf14

Ill have to check over the recipes i suppose then.

I dont want a 1:1 conversion because I want it to retain some loss in conversion and lean a little realistic.
    Maybe 2:3? 3:5? Its currently at 1:2, but I agree it can be improved.

(To be fair, I made underground marble pockets quite large to compensate. :3)

Da'at is a world you visit. The only way to recieve the coordinates for your ship is to get them as a part of a small errand quest at the Outpost.
    The person youll be looking for is a robed Greckan that infrequently visits the Outpost. He's guaranteed to have the quest if he appears.

It will take a while to find him/her... Or not, its completely random. Dont worry a whole lot if you can't because, currently, Da'at is solely an aesthetic location. There are no major content gates to visiting it... (yet...)

(I can help force-spawn him if you have no luck later. Im not sure how unforgiving the RNG is myself about it.)

8. RowanEx

RowanEx Pangalactic Porcupine

Quoting Cryvix, I daresay
    How goes progress?

9. Inf_Wolf14

Well, I would like to have better news. My computer's power supply shorted quite recently so I cannot do much at the moment.

I'm in the process of fixing it myself (I know my way around wiring and general electronics), but I can't give any promises.

At current, the only versions I have access to are the current release, and a half-finished product in my Dropbox.

For clarification, the mod's master files are on my computer, I cannot turn on my computer, but when I fix it, they will still be there for me to continue working.

10. Mooncalf99

While trying to fix a different error, I got these error messages in my log file:

[22:26:08.197] [Error] Could not apply patch from file /tenants/sub-biome/geode.tenant.patch in source: ..\mods\GreckanRaceMod_v1.2.0b.pak. Caused by: (JsonPatchException) Could not apply patch to base. (JsonPatchException) Could not apply operation to base. (TraversalException) Tried to get key '-' in non-object type in pathApply("/tenants/0/species/-")
    [22:26:08.205] [Error] Could not apply patch from file /tenants/sub-biome/prism.tenant.patch in source: ..\mods\GreckanRaceMod_v1.2.0b.pak. Caused by: (JsonPatchException) Could not apply patch to base. (JsonPatchException) Could not apply operation to base. (TraversalException) Tried to get key '-' in non-object type in pathApply("/tenants/0/species/-")

I have no idea what it means, but it seems to be in regards to your mod... you'd know better, I assume.

I hope you'll get your computer back in working order soon. Broken hardware is a pain.

11. Mooncalf99

On another note, I finally tracked down the error I was looking for, to your mod. (And also to the Latexian race mod, whom I'll talk to shortly.) Basically, the error was this: Whenever a tenant's house was damaged and they tried to complain, they would instead suffer an error and die. The log file said it couldn't parse the file "/dialog/grumble.config". I managed to determine that the error happened whenever the greckan and latexian racemods were loaded. So I checked the patch files. I found this:

{
    "op" : "add",
    "path" : "/final/greckan",
    "value" : {
    "default" : [
    "Get out of my way! I'm leaving.",
    "I will not tolerate this anymore!",
    "You are a truly disappointing landlord."
    ],
    "greckan" : [
    "You soil your family's name."
    "You are a disappointment to the Architects."
    ]

}
    }

After removing the latter part (indicated by bolding) and repacking the pak, it worked fine again. I'm guessing you tried to add dialog to a variable that didn't exist, or something. Hope you can correct this (once you've got your machine in order, that is) so this will work properly for other users as well.

12. Inf_Wolf14

Assuming that's those are the exact lines to my code, I already see the syntax error...
    Code:
    "greckan" : [
      "You soil your family's name.",  <--(Needs comma here)
      "You are a disappointment to the Architects."
    ]

Thanks for pointing it out. If I can get an unpacked version of my own assets, I can fix that and release a bugfix. (Lol, I can still bugfix to a minimal amount even without a computer. :rofl:)

Edit:
    Yeah... If someone could be a dear and get me a copy of a fresh version of my latest version, unpacked, I can shoot out a bugfix. :3
    (I kinda regret not archiving an unpacked version now, lol.)

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  13. Mooncalf99

Easier than falling off a log. In fact, I can do you one better, to save you the work - I'll just unpack it, add that comma, and repack it for you. Here you go, assets and pak.

Ah, missing commas. What a pain they are.

Attached Files:

Inf_Wolf14 likes this.
  14. Inf_Wolf14

I assume that my analysis was correct, and that syntax error was the cause?

(Just want to double check before anything. :))

15. Mooncalf99

Yes indeed. I installed the edited version, and no bugs or sudden tenant deaths happened when I caused that dialogue. The comma was the killer all along.

Inf_Wolf14 likes this.
  16. Mooncalf99

Repost due to corrupt archive. This should work.

Attached Files:

Inf_Wolf14 likes this.
  17. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 updated Greckan Race Mod with a new update entry:

Bugfixes Amongst Other Issues

Read the rest of this update entry...

18. Quinch

Quinch Cosmic Narwhal

Heyo! I've got a question, or an offer, or a.... something. You mention there's not much by way of Greckan lore due to a lack of writers. While I'm not one exactly, I'd be willing to lend a hand. Are there any general outlines or cultural or personality traits to go off yet?

19. Inf_Wolf14

Yeah, me and Jareix wrote up a few ideas and I have a couple basic guidelines of the cultural traits I had in mind. I don't have much in an extensive-sense of writing, so I welcome your offer.

I'll send you a PM with details in a little bit.

20. Inf_Wolf14