Modding Help GraphicsGale: How to cut out & replace

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Flumme, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Flumme

Flumme Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hello,

sorry for my english first. :( Hope you could help me please:

I try to work with GraphicsGale, but I have problems to understand how to use it. :catsad: I'm a real Noob here.

I managed it to use the XNB Tool and I got the Flooring.png . Now ... if I understand everything right: I have to change something in this picture file and than I pack it back with the .yaml file to an .xnb file (the XNB Tool will help me doing this, like I unpacked it). And than I replace the Default.xnb file with my new .xnb file.

I have here the floor from Eemiestardew: http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/607/? . It's really beautiful but I want to replace the black floor with the old grey floor. The black floor is a bit to black for me. ;) So I have to cut out the Original Default floor from the Original file .... I have the Original file here and the floor from Eemie, too .... but ... how can I cut only the grey floor out and replace it into Eemies floor selection?

How can I do this please?

Thanks and Greetings :kitten2:

• xangria

xangria Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hi, I just learned to edit .xnb files recently. Instead of GraphicsGale, I would recommend Paint.net. It's also free. What I like about it, is that whatever you copy from the first file, will be pasted into the same location on the second file. This makes it so you don't need to be as precise.

For that file, use a rectangular selection tool to select the original grey floor (in GraphicsGale or Paint.net) Then copy the selection (Ctrl+C). Last, paste it (Ctrl+V) onto Eemies file. If you use GraphicsGale, carefully align the pasted selection over what you are replacing. If Paint.net, it should automatically position it.

I hope this helps!

Flumme likes this.
      • Flumme

Thanks a lot! :)

I found this solution: Take "Rectangular Selection" - it's a square with some points (Toolbar middle, left side of a "hand"). With this I could select my grey floor and with copy and paste put it into the floor selection from Eemie.

I packed it back and: It works ingame! If somebody want to check the file out, I could upload it here. But I'm not sure if I'm allow to do because it is Eemies file and NOT mine.

xangria likes this.
        • Flumme

Hmm ... now I want to make a nother mod. I love both of this mods:

- "Mi's and eemie's Butterflies" ( http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1111/? )
          - "Elle's Critter Replacement "( http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/elles-critter-replacements.133017/ )

I would love to combine this two files. I want to take Elle's Critters and than: Replace all of the butterflies with the MiaEemieButterflies AND with the Default blue/red little second bird (I like the blue bird).

But: I see no border at all this animals? How can I cut them out (butterflies & blue bird)? WHERE should I cut them out? I see no frames .... I'm a bit helpless. :(

Here is the .png file from the Default animals WITH MiaEemieButterflies. The butterflies & the blue bird from this picture I want to cut out.

EDIT: I have done it! Seem to work. But I can't find all animals. The Mia&EemieButterflies are working, the other animals are with Elle's textures. Only the blue bird ... I can't find it. :( So I don't know if I changed it correctly.

How I have done it? I cut them out with this "Rectangular Selection". And: I dont have to be soooo accurate. I have done it as accurate as possible. But of course it was NOT exact. But the game don't care somehow. It seem to work however. :catsmile:

Somebody want to check my two texture mods?
          The path mod and the wild animals textures .... Both texture mods are .xnb files again of course.
          (This are NOT my texture mods of course - I just merged them!!)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017