1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Community Glitch Ship AI Feedback

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Izzabelle, Jun 19, 2014.

?

Do you like the Glitch Ship AI?

1. No, I really really dislike it

156 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. No

58 vote(s)
    13.6%
  3. Yes

47 vote(s)
    11.0%
  4. Yes, I really really like it

121 vote(s)
    28.3%
  5. I am indifferent

46 vote(s)
    10.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skydart

skydart Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is an interresting discussion - and a nice one mostly. A bit difficult to understand from time to time - where is an AI when you could use one translating :D

I am really curious how the devs will solve this problem. Nice horse pictures, btw.

2. XsnakeX51

XsnakeX51 Void-Bound Voyager

And a lot of them feel justified, personally I think they are, at least slightly. But the post itself, the yadda animaltits for all races, could have been seriously considered as flame baiting towards some of them. Which is exactly why some feel irritated/wronged when they had concerns about it.

Jeoshua likes this.
  3. ObsidianDragon13

ObsidianDragon13 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

actually i think i know where we had some miscommunication my change the horse's face idea stems from if we are stuck with that a.i. instead of being able to obtain others.

4. Whether it's about this Horse AI, or other matters; I think mishandling of behavior has been on both sides. I think those behaviors are somewhat justified; but we all need to strive for clearer and more positive communication. Behavior will follow.

I'm personally hoping that the Glitch AI is directly addressed by a dev soon -- to at least put some minds at ease, no matter what solution they decide upon.

5. corrosivechains

corrosivechains Master Chief

@Izzabelle, you're gem and as a community we're lucky to have you. Thank you for maintaining a cool head through most of this and allowing us the place to vent

6. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

they havnt made anyjokes about it anymore sence then

7. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

No way to know this, obviously, but I bet that if the big update hiit at the same time they made the horse jokes this thread would be half the size. We're just looking for something to talk about, more so than otherwise.

8. UnsubRedun

UnsubRedun Plebeian

This is a really awful way to look at it. Just because they don't do what you want doesn't mean they're ignoring you. They could seriously consider it but go with their original vision in the end. You're not as much of a victim here as you make yourself out to be, if at all.

Jbeetle likes this.
  9. ObsidianDragon13

good only however many days until the update to go then

and just because i think silence is deafening (minus the "pokes and prods" )doesn't mean its an awful way to see things besides why are you complaining i basically agreed to stop and not give a damn anymore - _ -

10. MariaTheElf

MariaTheElf Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I would talk about this topic but im not as good as conversation then i am at actually posting a visual of what i think about what most of you speak about ;w; :notworthy:

UncleWalrus likes this.
  11. Jeoshua

Jeoshua Existential Complex

No, but they've also been off work since it is the weekend, not required to post anything over the weekend (except apparently Metadept was putting in some overtime). Tommorow will tell.

12. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

gess so

13. UnsubRedun

UnsubRedun Plebeian

No, but saying that not getting what you want is being ignored is an awful way to see things. They haven't been ignoring this input, either side of the debate, or anything, I can almost guarantee you. If you don't give a damn anymore, quit trying to get in the last word by sniping at the developers.

14. @UnsubRedun @ObsidianDragon13
    Just a heads up -- several of the devs have indeed seen and have gone over this thread.

15. UnsubRedun

UnsubRedun Plebeian

While I didn't know for sure, I figured as much. They seem to actually care about this community despite a vocal few calling them terrible people, calling for a ban on jokes and trying to act like they know how Starbound should be developed more than the developers of Starbound.

Rainbow Dash likes this.
  16. ObsidianDragon13

Good I'm glad to be proven wrong on that then.

UnsubRedun likes this.
  17. Eonwe

Eonwe Macho Man

Ultimately a lot of the hate is coming from a few people. I've talked to the devs and they do really like the community. Unfortunately, the angry people are a lot louder publicly than the happy people. This leads into people insinuating I'm abusing my mod powers, but really, I have to be a lot harsher because the message board is definitely a worse place to post now than it was on release. We mods don't want to censor people, and in fact, thats way too much effort. But eventually when you see the same people making their 100th post about X or Y and how evil Chucklefish is, something needs to be done.

Also, the devs don't have to make any compromises on this issue. If they have an idea in mind, I would rather them go with what they think is best instead of giving into some people in the community throwing a fit over something ultimately pretty dumb.

Rainbow Dash, Jbeetle and PartyAlarm like this.
  18. ObsidianDragon13

its understandable that you have to remove A LOT of the unsavory posts like "teh horse sux chucklefish is teh dumb" despite getting passionate over it things seem to be getting a bit more pleasant now. Its nice to know the devs are seeing what we have to say for the most part on either side.

19. XsnakeX51

XsnakeX51 Void-Bound Voyager

It cant be just a few people. I literally dont see it being just a few people out of all the comments Ive witnessed since this games conception.

20. Eonwe

Eonwe Macho Man

The devs definitely really care and do read a lot of posts from people. And thats the thing, I have to delete a lot of posts that are pretty terrible and angry over something. Occasionally we do make mistakes when moderating just because of the sheer number of posts by a small-ish group of people, and I've apologized to one person specifically over PM in the last day or two. We have absolutely no interest in censoring people, I really wish that weren't a persistent thing. I can come across a little bit harsh sometimes, but its just because I"d like to crack down on the bad posts to ultimately make this place a better board to post on.

I'm not saying that all the criticism is coming from a few people, but there are definitely issues that have been made into much "bigger issues" because of the insistence of a small group of very dedicated posters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.