1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Give us back all that content!

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Azraile, May 22, 2015.

1. Azraile

Azraile Ketchup Robot

Man there where so many good things in the last big update but so many bad things. >.<

Why did you guys have to take so much of the game out?

The nano suits and lack of hunger/temp take away the elements of survival.

You striped moons of everything and dumped fuel on them and nothing else not even the apex lunar bases from what I've hurd.

You cut down on the number of villages/dungeons to try and keep from to many spawning on one planet (who says there is such a thing as to many!!!!!) to the point your hard pressed to find one when it use to be ever planet had one or the other. The dangerous worlds don't seam to have any one them at all ether.

You still have boring empty and pointless asteroids the only reason for them right now is for building a space station and none of them are big enough to build one inside it. The mod it was based off of had huge chunks of rock, plenty of ore, and wrecked space ships!

Idk about other people but I miss things the way they where. I mean if like the upgrading ships, the outpost, and AI ' stuff but I would rather have all those villages and dungeons to exsplode and a sense of having to deal with the in kroner worried about hunger and staying hot/cool

2. naphid

naphid Subatomic Cosmonaut

The heat and cold system may come back the devs said. Meanwhile, you can use a mod to put it back in. In terms of lack of exploration and discovery, I completely agree.

3. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

Except for the removal of hunger and temperature (Which I think shouldn´t have been in the game in the first place), I completely agree. Specially about the moons.

NerArth likes this.
  4. Azraile

Azraile Ketchup Robot

I personally think, in order to make everyone happy, there should just be options for such things. The easy/hard/ect determining how tough stuff is... And bellow check boxes for hunger, temperature, and permadeath that can all be selected as people see fit

5. teilnehmer

teilnehmer Existential Complex

Having everything optional is very bad game design, because you are basically forcing players to make the decisions in game design. It should be the dev's job, though, to make the decisions where the game is going.

Checkboxes just mean the devs didn't know what to do (or, of course, that they wanted a game of maximal user fiddling, as is the case, e.g., with Don't Starve Together).

Jbeetle likes this.
  6. Dust

Dust Giant Laser Beams

While the surface of most planets have become more desolate. The underground has become vastly more interesting and looks like it will keep getting better. I'm not unhappy with the way things are going.

7. DemonicLucario

DemonicLucario Orbital Explorer

Do you know where to find the asteroid mod you mentioned? I Like the Idea of having it. can I have a link?

8. Azraile

Azraile Ketchup Robot

I am rather sure the mod isn't up to date as it didn't work anymore before this ether lol

I will agree they have improved what's under the ground but it's like all the villages in the game just up and vanished or turned into mushroom people

9. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

I never knew about the hunger or the temperature thing. But maybe if they were added again then maybe have them on the hardcore thing? If hardcore is meant to be like a 1 life survive thing then at least make sure you can die from hunger or being way too cold.

As for the other things, like more structures more often in different planets. Yeah I agree but at times I don't really.

Yeah it would be nice to see things more often cuz I can barely find villages or castles or anything worth looking in, but I think it would be a bit in-your-face if they were everywhere. So maybe not everywhere but more frequent. But not too frequent.

10. Azraile

Azraile Ketchup Robot

I just want it back the way it was, there was a very high chance of there being a dungeon on every world of some sort, and a ok chance of a village, maybe both.

But most of the time you could atleast find some ruins or something. I get that space is suppose to be a big and empty but if your trying to be realistic about what you might find on planets why the trees everywhere? lol

vanella and STCW262 like this.
  11. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

There are also some mechanics, such as hunger, that simply can´t be made into an option without causing the gameplay balance to be broken due to the modifications it adds, which means that hunger either can be added, or can not be added, but it can´t be an option.

12. DJFlare84

DJFlare84 Spaceman Spiff

Agreed on most everything EXCEPT Moons.

I like the way moons are now. It always bugged me that SOMEHOW... monsters could LIVE there. Despite, y'know, moons not having an ATMOSPHERE TO SUSTAIN LIFE IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM. I agree that they should still have things like Apex Labs, though.

THIS.

THIS.

SO MUCH THIS.

WHY!?

WHYYYYYY CHUCKLEFISH!?

WHY CUT DOWN THE SPAWN RATE OF VILLAGES AND DUNGEONS TO PRACTICALLY -NOTHING-.

AND THEN TELL YOUR OUTPOST RESIDENTS TO GIVE ME QUESTS TO -FIND THESE GODDAMN PLACES-.

IT'S NOT COOL, MAN.

NOT COOL AT ALL.

ratalada, Ankali, vanella and 4 others like this.
  13. Azraile

Azraile Ketchup Robot

Moons never had monsters on them and I wasn't suggesting adding them....

Moons use to have no life on them, no air, no heat (you would die of frostbite in seconds even if you had air), but plenty of ore and the occasional abandoned moon base.

And if hunger can't be optional, add it back then, it's in every other game of this kind and it only makes sense to have it. I have no idea whatsoever why it was taken out. Unless they are just catoring to the people whining about having to buy food or keep a farm going. But I'm quite sure more people want hunger than dont

vanella, Caidoz and Pingeh like this.
  14. Dust

Dust Giant Laser Beams

Except.. that it's not

NerArth likes this.
  15. Azraile

Azraile Ketchup Robot

Ok my base there is no such thing as 0 or 100% I should know better than that. But people in that game are asking for a hunger system. Though honestly the game is hard enough with out one. That game has it's difficulty turned way up, paticuarly at night.

While this one keeps having it turned down >.>

But the servival aspects of the game are part of it's story, dessine, and what brought a lot of us to the game. Taking them out makes things much less fun, even if they can be anoying at times. There was even a rather good support for a mood that added air purity, sanity, and the need to sleep (not 100% on that last part but I know it added three more bars lol just can't realy remember for shure what the last one was) I think it was abandoned (being more than a little iverambisous there is no suprise) but it shows you people like this stuff and if you don't think so do a poll.

16. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Hunger is an annoyance. Micromanagement. It was never a challenge. If it ever comes back, I hope it is modable so I can remove it.

Remember the game is still in development. Asteroids will likely get more added to them, along with basically every aspect of the game. Things were taken out for a restructuring. That is the nature of game development.

17. Azraile

Azraile Ketchup Robot

18. MrToni300

MrToni300 Ketchup Robot

Ah great, yet another modification, im not gonna use that anyway.

19. Azraile

Azraile Ketchup Robot

Last edited: May 23, 2015
  20. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Fun fact: All planets, save for moons and barren, are guaranteed a dungeon of some sort. (Towns are dungeons, technically) The reason towns seem so rare is because of how many OTHER dungeon types there are. More dungeon types means each type has statistically less chance of spawning. If you up the spawn rate of towns, then all other dungeon types decrease in chance of spawning.