Gifting Gunther

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by AureusWolf, Apr 11, 2017.

?

Would you like to see this in the game?

1. YES!

92.3%
  2. NO!

7.7%
  1. AureusWolf

AureusWolf Subatomic Cosmonaut

I've always wanted Gunther to have more character. I mean ok he runs the museum, thats basically all we know. Where exactly is he from? I mean, if he's so into archeology why is he in the tiny community of pelican town and not somewhere like Egypt or Pompeii or Rome? Also I'd like to actually become friends with him. Give him gifts and such, maybe he can even become a possible marriage candidate. (Yes crazy idea I know)

Maybe every new item donated to the museum would count as 25 friendship points to him. Also since gunther opens the museum relatively early, earlier than all other businesses, I get the feeling Gunther is a morning person and would like breakfast items like pancakes, omelets, hashbrowns and complete breakfast to help him get started in the morning.

Gunther would probably love, like, or be neutral to most most artifacts and minerals from geodes where as all other villages dislike artifacts and most geode minerals, making duplicate artifacts and geode minerals good gifts to give to him instead of selling them for meager amounts of gold. All those dozens of skeletal tails wont be so annoying to find anymore.

Loved gift: This is great! Thanks for bringing this to me (player name)!

Liked gift: This is a good find, thank you!

Neutral gift: For me? Why thank you!

Disliked gift: I'm sorry, I don't understand this.

Hated gift: What on earth is this? I don't want this!

Like with most characters, the more you get to know them, the more they tell you about themselves. Possibly when you become good enough friends with Gunther he'll tell you exactly where he came from and why he came to Pelican Town.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
    • Dwarfus

Dwarfus Big Damn Hero

Ha! I was actually just about to make a thread like this before I saw this one. I'd love for characters like Gunther to have a schedule outside of just standing behind a counter. He could come out of the library after it closes, or at least show up to festivals. I'd also love to be able to have a relationship with Marlon and Gil, too. And maybe even Mr. Qi.

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

I wouldn't mind more content with him either, I'm sure he knows all kinds of fascinating stuff about archaeology and history. I'd like to know Sandy better too - some expansion on her would be a nice addition to the game. Maybe an additional area in the desert where her home is and a couple of cutscenes.

• AureusWolf

AureusWolf Subatomic Cosmonaut

Exactly. Does he know something about Pelican Town that no one else does? Like is there some buried treasure underneath the mayor's house that he's looking for and came to Stardew Valley to find? I really want to see more character development with Gunther; he's one of my faves and we don't really get any actual moments with him except the first artifact find and the rusty sewer key. I want more than that.

LuthienNightwolf likes this.