1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Getting a lot of lag

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by ManiaK711, Mar 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ManiaK711

ManiaK711 Aquatic Astronaut

Hey, I'm having a big problem with lag these days. My pc is not terrible, it certainly isn't great, but the only real problem I have is the graphics card, I have a decent ammount of RAM, a good processor and that alone lets me play other games at a constant 60 fps (sometimes even 90), like CSGO and Warframe. I just have to tone down the graphics a bunch and I don't really bother with the game looking pretty in the first place, so I get it working.

The problem is Starbound haves very little settings to change. You can change resolution fullscreen and that's about it. I had to go over the config file to set Vsync to false and even though that helped, it still lags quite a bit. I used to use a mod that deactivates the background and man, that helped me A LOT, but it seems like they don't update that anymore.

Is there anyway I can change the settings in a way I can boost the fps a bit? It keeps dropping to 40 - 30 everytime I either see too much of the background or there's too much weather.

Specs are:
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz
    4gb of RAM
    Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 (this is the one that sucks bad, I'm saving some money to replace it)

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please use this topic to report performance issues.
    It seems that your internal graphic chip isn't strong enough to keep up with Starbounds demands. Replacing it with a dedicated video card should help.

Closing this one. You can use the linked topic instead.

Regards
    Iris Blanche

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.