1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

General info about game: release,beta and testers

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Sir ceil, May 13, 2012.

?

Who agrees with this post and who thinks it'll come out soon(may june-ish)

1. I agree and your right

16.7%
  2. i don't agree

33.3%
  3. i think it'll come out soon

16.7%
  4. i don't think it'll come out soon

66.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir ceil

Sir ceil Existential Complex

OK since every body is so pumped up about these subjects. i might as well do thread about them

Game release date:
    ok there have been rumors about it being released soon but (as far as i know) they are false Tiy said himself it probably wouldn't be released (At the earliest) until Late Summer.
    Beta:the vedict on this is that it will most likely be a closed beta,but it has a Slight a Slight chance of being open.so if its close then the next section will matter.

Beta Testers: Ok this is all i know and correct me if i am wrong. a closed beta is when the devs choose trust worthy people to test for bugs. now to clear thing up beta doesn't mean " Yes this is my chance to play the game for free!" no it means Work not " dar dar dar I get To play the game! " and it also means yo can't goof off and play you have to try EVERYTHING and the littlest thing might have 10 ba-gillion bugs in them so you'll need a note pad. and you have to submit daily reports to them. and You can't act like some 8 year old and be like " Har har har i'll just give it to my friends and tell them not to give it to anybody else" well your friends aren't as stupid as you they'll leak it and take all the credit and praise (from the players who get it of course) and besides you can't say oh i am trust worthy enough you have to know yourself and Know you are trust worthy like i Know i am not. (i probably would give way to temptation and leak it). and who knows how thet are going to pick it so heed my advise don't bug them about it. again if i am wrong about something please politely say i am wrong. that's all i have to say

hey sorry the first choice is actually i agree.

2. Lord Kain

Lord Kain Ketchup Robot

Usually closed betas these days are under NDA, none discloser agreement. Closed beta's are usually friends, relatives and in some cases a lottery in which people sign up for. I think it's best if we all take a breath and let the team work.

xXSunSlayerXx and Sir ceil like this.
  3. Sir ceil

aww yes the Nda's i forgot about those and your right the fans should let them breathe and i like your johnny debt pic :)

4. Lord Kain

Lord Kain Ketchup Robot

thank you.
    I just spend alot of time reading posts here. I'm as eager as everyone else, but i also relies how hard it is to work on a game, as i have myself. But i'm sure they will do wonderfully

5. LadyAijou

LadyAijou Phantasmal Quasar

Why do you keep kicking this dead horse? OmnipotentEntity already posted elsewhere, in one of the hundreds of OTHER beta begging threads, that they do not have any intention of doing an open beta for Starbound. Additionally, the release date is late summer AT THE EARLIEST. Circulating false information is only doing a disservice to new members of the community who do not realize that your information is incorrect.

Aviakio likes this.
  6. Sir ceil

well what if i like to kick dead horses? and thanks for the info bout the summer thing i edit it in
    Edit: also didn't you read the first line
    kk got it changed

7. Doctor Ragnarok

Doctor Ragnarok Former Staff

Kicking dead horses is spam/trolling depending how you look at it. We're all excited for the game but we should try to keep things like this centralized to a single thread.

8. LadyAijou

LadyAijou Phantasmal Quasar

You're still POSTING those rumors, and it serves no purpose whatsoever. Neither does repeatedly asking a question that many many other threads already have, and all have gotten the same answer.

9. Sir ceil

kk then where is that thead i would really like to know. also would i be trolling/spamming? because of this thread? i'll delete this thread if it is

hey this is all i know id love to see an official thread on this or something like this. i really don't know who to trust on this.

10. There's a fairly reputable thread regarding Beta here, so I'll lock this thread.

Sir Ceil: PLEASE use the "Edit" link found at the bottom of each of your posts if you wish to add or change something in your post - I'd rather not have to merge any more of your posts together (posting multiple times in a row causes the forums to look like a mess, and takes up Staff's time when we have to clean up things such as double posts which can easily be avoided).

Sir ceil likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.