gas planet cloud city like cities

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by Tomas Swageroni, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Tomas Swageroni

Tomas Swageroni Scruffy Nerf-Herder

it is just a simple idea that gas planets have a small chance to have a cloudcity like city that are like the outpost. the reason is just because gas planets don't have any purpose

Avarwen, Oberic and Rannuncullus like this.
  2. Rannuncullus

Rannuncullus Void-Bound Voyager

Is a good idea, but need more work, the Gas Planets usually are giant and has a great mass, so they have a lot of moons.
    But,for them be able to travel in game, we must consider about the navigation sistem around the planet. is this "Sky City" covers all the planet?, because in the surface of this planet has some of most violent storms, the caracter will must have some of tought equipament to travel in it.
    we need to think more... :kitten2:

Tomas Swageroni likes this.
  3. Tomas Swageroni

thanks for the input :)
    i was more thinking about a space station like cloud city with giant spaceship docking stations and stuff. but then above a gas giant, away from the storms.

WARFRAME CORPUS REFINERY:
    [​IMG]

STAR WARS CLOUD CITY:
    [​IMG]

Rannuncullus likes this.
  4. Rannuncullus

Rannuncullus Void-Bound Voyager

It was Beautifull!and are a great idea too, to use de storms to refine some kind of energy... great!

Tomas Swageroni likes this.
  5. sagenth

sagenth Pangalactic Porcupine

I'd like to see exploring the planets themselves(regardless of gravity and lack of jumping), but anything would be better than nothing.

6. Tomas Swageroni

but how? Its gas

7. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

I was about to make this suggestion myself, but using Metroid Prime 3's Skytown as a reference.