Modding Help Game won't start upon editing anything within the main folder

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Jaarroho, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Jaarroho

Jaarroho Void-Bound Voyager

After the latest wipe, I decided that I was going to try out some of the mods from the forums such as the extended ship mods. Knowing that I'm probably going to screw everything up, I back up my post wipe character and world before making any changes. I follow all of the instructions in regards to installing the mod, and low and behold the game refuses to run. I give up, redownload the game afresh, put back my player and universe folders, and once again, the game won't start.

Now, if I make so much as a slight change in the main and assets folders such as add an image or open up a config file, the game refuses to run and I have to redownload the entire thing to get it working again. I've already lost my character and am probably going to have to start over again. Is anyone else having problems like this? Am I doing something wrong?

So yeah, I screwed up the game due to my own incompetence and after a fresh install I can't restore my backed up characters or add anything. what have I done? D: