1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Game Wont Load...

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Windnut17, May 18, 2017.

1. Windnut17

Windnut17 Space Hobo

Every time I try to load Star bound (latest Version ) It Just Crashes Pls Help

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please provide your starbound.log located in the storage folder of your starbound install. The log can appear as only "starbound" without .log. Attach this file so we can hopefully track down the issue.

~ Iris ~

3. Windnut17

Windnut17 Space Hobo

Would That File Be In This C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common

4. Iris Blanche

If it is the steam version then yes. If it is the gog version then it depends on where you chose the install folder.

~ Iris ~

5. Windnut17

Windnut17 Space Hobo

That File

Attached Files:

6. Iris Blanche

What are the specs of your machine?

~ Iris ~

7. Windnut17

Windnut17 Space Hobo

fx 6300, hd7950 3gb, 8gb ram

Also The game Is Shared From Different Account

8. Iris Blanche

Do you have a 32bit os installed? If yes try upgrading to a 64bit os. If you already have a 64bit os installed try running the 64bit executable.

Also avoid double posts. I merged the posts.

Regards
    Iris Blanche

9. Windnut17

Windnut17 Space Hobo

Same thing.. Doesnt Load Just Crashes

10. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

what is the OS you have installed? If it is Windows 10, do you also have the Creators Update for Windows 10 installed?

i'm not wanting to read another log for a while, but i'm still going to try to help without reading the log if i can

11. Iris Blanche

@NexusTheBrony
    The creators update shouldn't be a thing anymore. Afaik the drivers are all updated for the use with the creators update. Also the gpu related crashes in combination with the creators update had no usable stack trace because there were no function names listed but in this case there are some functions present. I also don't think it is related to family sharing though especially when it crashes even with a direct launch. It is strange that it only launches the 32bit version which leads to the assumption that there is only a 32bit os present. That the 64bit executable won't launch on a 32bit system is obvious then. Maybe another side-effect of a 32bit limitation here or a hardware conflict (which should affect other software too).

@Windnut17
    With mostly no detail about said crash that happened with direct launching it is nearly impossible to help. We can't see any error message or anything else what happened on your end. Always provide the error message and/or the log.
    We will need some more information too:
    - What OS in detail?
    - Which software runs beside Starbound?
    - Are all drivers up to date?
    - Did you change anything system related before the issue started to happen?

~ Iris ~