1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Game won't launch

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Altre, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Altre

Altre Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Everything was fine until I installed a few mech mods. I'll try and uninstall them one by one, but last time I installed this set of mods, the same thing happened and I had to uninstall. Any help would be much appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. tehcavy

tehcavy Ketchup Robot

What the actual fuck?
    I don't even know what to ask: where have you got a version that became obsolete about a year and a half ago, or why you didn't update it.

3. Altre

Pulled an old log, I think this is the updated one....
    I used to be rather savvy at maintaining this game, but work has kept me out of the loop for the last 3 years. lol

Attached Files:

4. tehcavy

tehcavy Ketchup Robot

Have you recently installed a mod that might add an item called 'uncommonrapier'? Game throws exception because it notices two items on the same ID.

5. Altre

All I installed were XS and ZZ mech mods on top of a cornucopia of already functioning mods. Would installing one of these potentially move an item id out of alignment?

6. tehcavy

tehcavy Ketchup Robot

Absolutely out of question. Right now I'm trying to pinpoint the issue, but the problem is you're running half-a-hundred of different mods, most of which are completely unfamiliar to me. If you could list all your mods that add new weapons, that would make process faster.

7. Altre

I'll try and compile them for you!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

8. Altre

If you're curious, I found a rather handy way to identify conflicts like this that may help many other folks. Using windows search in my Starbound subscriptions folder, I pulled all contents.pak files into Notepad++ and did a search on all open documents for the Uncommonrapier item. Now to figure out how to resolve this. The mod ID's are from Frackin Universe and Melee Weapon Types (Longswords and more). Contact the mod authors I suppose?

Attached Files: