1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Game with no mods crashing on launch before logo

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Gabakon, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Gabakon

Gabakon Big Damn Hero

Hey everyone, hope I didn't make a duplicate thread but I couldn't find any error similar to mine and the solutions from many different threads didn't work either. My game doesn't have any mods and when I launch the game through Steam I can see a weird white rectangle for a few seconds and then an error window shows up. However, when I launch the game directly through its .exe in the game location, It launches just fine.

Attached Files:

2. SkullKidDanzen

SkullKidDanzen Big Damn Hero

I have the exact same problem with the gog version, tried everything
    it began after I updated my amd graphics driver yesterday, the log doesnt say much besides an invalid value error with openGL i'm afraid downgrading might cause more problems
    your problem is different though the log says there was an access violation and later a fatal error loading something maybe it's a privilege problem that's why you can open it directly

Attached Files:

3. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Full log file required. your issue is not the same as theirs.

4. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

with the no mods thing, did you make sure you unsubbed from all steam mods? it seems its trying to update a mod but can't

5. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

If you refer to the OP i assume it's solved already cuz the post was in Feb.

@SkullKidDanzen
    Update your starbound. We're at 1.2.3b for steam and 1.2.2 for GoG version. Your version is 1.1.0 and therefor outdated.

~ Iris ~