1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Game seems really zoomed in

Discussion in 'Support' started by Chleiya, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Shiranui

Shiranui Void-Bound Voyager

I would like to see this problem addressed as plenty of people on various forums that are having the same issue and don't have any workarounds. I can't up my resolution further than 1366*768, don't have any dsr settings, checking the dpi box in the .exe properties, switching between fullscreen and windowed mode or changing res in game options don't do a thing.

To people saying that there is no problem and that it's just how low res should be:
    Yes ie 1366*768 won't see as much field as a higher resolution, but not at the degree people are experiencing it. I can't even see the skeleton in joja corp in the intro, the UI is ridiculously zoomed in and indoors i barely see more than one room and a little bit of another one.

It just seems that some resolutions aren't applied and replaced by a "default" resolution which doesn't render the game properly.
    It isn't unplayable but honestly it is quite painful/tiring to play like this as it is hard to see where you are going. Hope ConcernedApe address this ASAP.

Araceli, annachibi and lesterlim96 like this.
    • Erbsman

Erbsman Space Hobo

My game completely crashes when I try to even switch in the options menu

• annachibi

annachibi Phantasmal Quasar

There's a skeleton in Joja Corp?? Dang it, I am missing out!

Yes, this is definitely an issue and absolutely not a matter of people wanting "high-res graphics," thank you very much. >_> My computer screen only just fits my farmer's room in the view and changing res options/windowed mode does nothing. I have a feeling this is only a problem for people with lower-res screens so CA may not have anticipated it, but I'm pretty confident it can be fixed from his end.

• darkturok

darkturok Void-Bound Voyager

yeah this is a pretty big problem, can't play the game more than half an hour without getting some headache

• Mesmeryze

Mesmeryze Space Hobo

THIS! My pc is also 1366 x 768 and its horrible to see anything around. Really hope it's fixed soon, I'm playing but its very annoying.

• Araceli

Araceli Intergalactic Tourist

I'd assumed this issue would weigh enough to be addressed in 1.03 but I was wrong. From how things look atm, it seems CA isn't aware of it. Things like "diagonal speed", "exploding armchairs" and "stuck when ladder spawn beneath" are already fixed. Everyone in the Steam forums are getting told off for wanting a "higher res" when the problem actually lies on how little we see instead of the quality of the image. It's hard to navigate around town, when you bump into a wall and realise the entrance to the next map is a couple of tiles away, searching for npc's to complete quests only to realise they were standing right *there* the whole time, not to mention missing out on the feel of the entire town itself. I really hope this gets addressed, I'm not even talking about it getting fixed, just wanting CA to know this is still happening for many of us and how much it weighs. I know CA's working his ass off even after the release but I feel like I can swap out any of the bug fixes in the previous patch and put this one in, and it would've made alot more sense.

Edit : I take it back, after browsing through all the bugs, and seeing stuff like "game crash after eating algae"...yeah there are alot of bugs/issue atm. Totally understand the predicament CA is facing right now.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
              • Fanippo

Fanippo Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, im had the same Problem with the 720p Resolution but i found an solution.

For all User, like me, they cant Downsampling via Graphic-Driver, you can Fix the Problem with GeDoSaTo
                It`s also a Downsampling tool and should work with older GPUs. (I have a Radeon HD 7750)

For Use:
                1. Follow the Installation Description on the GeDoSaTo Page
                2. Start the Tool
                3a. Add Stardew Valley in the "User Whitelist" and config the Settings*** OR
                3b. Use my Config (1440p-> Monitor Resolution) and copy the 2 Files in the GeDoSaTo/config Folder (and overwrite the Files) before you start the Tool.
                config.zip
                Edit: Config for 1080p -> Monitor Resolution (Think the Game is more Optimzed in 1080 than in 1440p)
                config_1080p.zip

4. Minimize the Tool (dont close it) und start the Game
                5. In the Game, set the higher Resolution (Game must be in Fullscreen Mode)
                6. Maybe after the change the Game look now like this
                Stardew Valley 2016-02-29 09-43-21-51.png
                Dont worry.
                Got to the Window Mode Setting and Change it to "Borderless Window" and then back to Fullsreen. The Game should now look normal.

*** Edit: If you dont use my Config File, dont forget to Edit the Mouse-Settings.
                star.PNG

Examples:
                Without the Tool
                Stardew Valley 2016-02-29 09-43-07-03.png

With GeDoSaTo (From 1080p-->720P) <3
                Stardew Valley 2016-02-29 09-42-56-34.png

With GeDoSaTo (From 1440p-->720P)
                Stardew Valley 2016-02-29 10-11-58-90.png

It fix the Problem temporary but i hope concernedApe fix the Problem official.

PS: Sorry for my English, its not my Native Language but i hope i can help some people ^^

PPS: If you start another Game, dont forget to close/deactivate the Tool.

Attached Files:

Appletrap, Jsan, Hafizfitrah and 17 others like this.
                • Gabo

Gabo Space Hobo

This worked for me. You are a f*cking boss

• yukiosan

yukiosan Void-Bound Voyager

@Fanippo it's working perfectly thanks it's amazing

• darkturok

darkturok Void-Bound Voyager

I heard using gedosato on steam could get you soft banned is it true?

• Fanippo

Fanippo Void-Bound Voyager

Should be safe.

I know its only a Problem when the Game use the Anti Cheat Tool from Valve (VAC) for Multiplayer Games/Features.
                        So used a Game VAC, its better you dont use GeDoSaTo/ENB/Reshade/SweetFX in Multiplayer.

But Stardew Valley had actualy no Multiplayer --> So no Problem

Edit: Games they uses VAC, SV is not included ;)
                        http://store.steampowered.com/search/?category2=8#sort_by=_ASC&category2=8&page=1

• Krowz

Krowz Space Hobo

Thank you for the fix it works wonders but i would like devs to fix it officially since a lot of people are having this problem and using Gedosato might not be everyones cup of tea. And i cant see my steam overlay with this fix. Thanks.

• Vandy-

Vandy- Space Hobo

Do i have to install the apps inside the Stardew Valles files on steam? or anywhere else?

• Vandy-

Vandy- Space Hobo

Fixed ALREADY!!! thank you for the apps thou thank you very very much!!!! :nuruhappy:

• Shiranui

Shiranui Void-Bound Voyager

Sadly it doesn't work for me, I followed every steps including disabling UEFI secure boot but the game refuses to start when GeDoSaTo is active with or without steam. Thanks anyway, at least it helps some people.
                                I just hope this issue is not at the bottom of CA's list...:zzz:

EDIT: It worked, you need to execute the game in admin or it just doesn't start.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
                                • Ravenxo

Ravenxo Space Spelunker

i don't know what to do :(

• sauramon

sauramon Void-Bound Voyager

I had hope when I saw this and now its lost. Tried everything, still doesnt work for me.
                                    CA says he is aware of it and will try to work on it, but doesnt really know if he will be able fix it. D:

• Oleker

Oleker Subatomic Cosmonaut

Working like a charm.

• Ravenxo

Ravenxo Space Spelunker

Fanippo can you do a video tutorial plz

• icecold40

icecold40 Space Hobo

Game won't start while that tool is active. Even when trying to run it as admin. :( sad days.