Modding Help Game says Disconnected due to inactivity when another player goes to planet.

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by thakyZ, May 12, 2017.

1. thakyZ

thakyZ Cosmic Narwhal

I have a friend who has a problem with her game, whenever someone beams to where ever she is, there is a huge lag spike on my end, and a huge lag spike on her end but she ultimately disconnects due to inactivity. Her ping is lower than mine to my server, and we are using mods. Here is the link to the modpack: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=729554533. We playing as Ningen, and the optional mods shouldn't matter, but they may be an issue, so take a look at them too (there is a link in the mod pack). I would like to thank anyone who helps us ahead of time.

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Attach your and her starbound.log
    The link to the collection doesn't help here.

~ Iris ~

3. thakyZ

thakyZ Cosmic Narwhal

4. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Moved to modding subforum. I guess ppl here can help you more >v<

Regards
    Iris Blanche

5. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

She is being disconnected because she is missing some relevant mods that you have. Her log is filled with errors about missing sprites and other files, which basically is saying that as soon as you or somone else shows up, her game is not trying to load the necessary files into memory, but they don't exist on her end, so rather than crashing the server and/or her, the game will boot her instead.

6. thakyZ

thakyZ Cosmic Narwhal

That cannot be it. Because she does have Frackin' Universe Subbed, and those are where the errors came from. However, I do have a set of Frackin' Universe armor on and she does not crash if she loads into the game while being right next to me, but not when I am away from her.

7. lazarus78

Well that is what the logs and your account are saying. Her end is trying to load up assets that don't exist on her computer.

Further, you have 115, she has 110, and the server has 103.

8. thakyZ

thakyZ Cosmic Narwhal

I have added all of her mods to my client, and this problem still persists.

9. lazarus78

New logs?

10. thakyZ

thakyZ Cosmic Narwhal

11. lazarus78

Hmm... Well it is 100% caused by assets not matching up, but narrowing it down to which mods is difficult. Now you have a ton of errors from missing assets.

Its really hard to tell when you each have 100+ mods, and some of them arent even the same. Narrowing it down is near impossible.

12. thakyZ

thakyZ Cosmic Narwhal

The problem was the time out time was WAY too low so I set it to 360 seconds, and she didn't crash no more :D

13. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

I've fixed a problem like this before, where i couldn't log into my friend's server because the game doesn't have the patience to wait for players to send their info. Try making a folder in your mod folder (name it anything) and place a file called universe_server.config.patch. inside place this code
    Code:
    [
    { "op" : "replace", "path" : "/connectionTimeout", "value" : 36000}
    ]
    This worked for me, maybe it'll work for you.

14. lazarus78

Huh... so it was a mix of issues. The server wasnt waiting long enough to sync data, so the client crapped out because it didnt know what to do with about the assets.

15. thakyZ

thakyZ Cosmic Narwhal

@MetaFace you are too late I already found that article xD. So I did fix it that way and it is the only solution to fix it.
    @lazarus78 no it was nothing to do with the assets missing. That was caused by opening the Spawnable Items Pack for Frackin' Universe. Which is listing some bugged items. Now there is no issue other than random pausing but that is probably due to memory since she only has 4 GB on a 64 bit laptop.

MetaFace likes this.