1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Game randomly crashing

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Halphinian, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Halphinian

Halphinian Master Chief

Hello

I was playing Starbound yesterday, and everything was working fine (a little slow, but not crashing). However, today my game has crashed 4 times, giving me this unusual message: why.PNG

Before it "crashes" (I don't know what else to call it), whenever I use an energy weapon/tool, I don't regenerate any energy. Then shortly after I realize this, the window goes blank, except for an unusual green color that has the texture of water in the game. Then after that, it displays the message and kicks me out. This usually happens after about 10=20 minutes of playing, but I don't know exactly when this occurs.

Also, sometimes when it doesn't crash, I simply cannot regenerate energy (which is a pretty big problem considering most of my weapons are staves/wands)

I have no idea how or why this is happening, and I am constantly in fear of it crashing while I am playing, so please help

UPDATE: I decided to try to play it again, but it "crashed" again, but this time it was different. This time, it was only about 1 minute into playing, and I was fully able to regenerate energy. The screen also turned completely black instead of the unusual green color before.

UPDATE II: I have also provided another iteration of my log as of 8/6/2017 @ 10:27 pm (central time), called Starbound Log 2

Here is my log:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  2. Mackatosh

Mackatosh Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Disconnected from server? It might be that your mods are incompatible with multiplayer or you (and whomever you are playing with) have not turned 'Allow assets mismatchs' on.
    Try playing with a new characters and universe to see if that fixes your issues - it might help diagnose what is wrong. (You can backup your old ones)

3. Halphinian

Halphinian Master Chief

Thank you for your reply, but the only problem is that this is happening when I am playing on single-player with mods (sorry for not making that clear in the original report).

Would turning on "Allow assets mismatches" help the problem if I am in singleplayer?

4. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

No that wont do anything for singleplayer.

One of your mods that deals with monsters is screwed up. Start disabling mods till you get rid of the crashing, that will tell you which one it is.