1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Game plays and walkthroughs

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by LordChickenMan, May 29, 2012.

?

Do you think this will spoil the game?

1. No, i just wana see it! :O

41.9%
  2. Well i guess

19.4%
  3. I have no feelings about this, one way or the other

9.7%
  4. Well no it might spoil it a little... (YOU KNOW YOU WANT IT)

22.6%
  5. This will spoil to much! (If you pick this ill make sure to rip your throat out)

38.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordChickenMan

LordChickenMan Zeromus

So recently i have been thinking how awesome starbound is and then it hit me, why not have some of the developers give us walkthroughs and gameplays to show us how it looks like?

Do you think this will spoil the game?

No, i just wana see it! :O
    Well i guess
    I have no feelings about this, one way or the other
    Well no it might spoil it a little..... (YOU KNOW YOU WANT IT BOY)
    This will spoil to much! (If you pick this ill make sure ill rip your throat out and give you the slow, and painful death

BoxcarRacer and Flixfox like this.
  2. Scottish Pig

Scottish Pig Subatomic Cosmonaut

Thats really a hard question for me. I don't want to watch to much. Before I ever played MC or Terraria, I watched multiple LP's (Except I only watched one Terraria LP before release date which was Pbat's) But once I played I never really felt like anything surprised me like it did to the people that I watched. So pretty much I don't want TOO much gameplay but a bit would be nice.

Chickenman likes this.
  3. LordChickenMan

LordChickenMan Zeromus

So i see you cant find the poll...

4. Flixfox

Flixfox Big Damn Hero

Plzzz let this happen!!!!!

Chickenman likes this.
  5. Jayne Cobb

Jayne Cobb Big Damn Hero

Nononono.

I want to play from scratch as I have already stated in the thread about tutorials. I would also rather them work on the game then spend time showing it to us. I played Terr for scratch and it was amazing. The only gameplay I would like to see is maybe combat as I would like to know what it'll be like and it wouldn't give too much away.

6. LordChickenMan

LordChickenMan Zeromus

Well you don't have to watch the video's, just skip it and continue! :)

7. Scottish Pig

Agree'd

Chickenman likes this.
  8. Jayne Cobb

Jayne Cobb Big Damn Hero

Thus my second point. If they release gameplay videos it should be after, which would defeat the point a lil bit.

Love that two people quoted my post while I was editing it lol

9. Scottish Pig

Edited my post to say what it says after you edited. Derp. Lol

Ender's Shadow likes this.
  10. Flixfox

Flixfox Big Damn Hero

OH I WOULD WANT TO PLAY FROM SCRATCH IF THE GAME WAS ALREADY OUT!!!!!!

LordChickenMan likes this.
  11. Jayne Cobb

Jayne Cobb Big Damn Hero

^^ This seems mildly... um... yeah.

I really want this game but I would rather enjoy it when it comes then know about it now. How will knowing about it (to the point of ruining aspects of discovering the game later) now help you? Won't it make you want it more, making it less bearable that its not out and has no release date? Especially since knowing more about it would probably push the release date back a tiny bit.

Force2Reckon likes this.
  12. Flixfox

Flixfox Big Damn Hero

I guesss that is true but there wouldnt be able to show off everything you can discover because the game is almost limitless

Chickenman likes this.
  13. TheMurumasa

TheMurumasa Existential Complex

I think that the devs should stick to small teasers, this community thrives on speculation and discussion alone. If nearly everything about the game is common knowledge then I think it would have a negative impact on the community.

Force2Reckon likes this.
  14. Jayne Cobb

Jayne Cobb Big Damn Hero

15. Force2Reckon

Force2Reckon Phantasmal Quasar

This also
    No matter how "limitless" the stuff is there is a certain point where you can predict a lot of what will happen, because it's all algorithms, so eventually you know that you can only get certain types of quests, if they showed me one quest of the 100 or so? Ya that'd be fine, but if I saw a dozen different quests that would spoil a lot for me... it stacks up, no game is, or ever will be, infinite... So I say this, no I would rather them wait till post release to show anythin off, or maybe just small things about the game here and there, not enough to spoil chunks of the game thus far what they have released has been perfect to satisfy my want for knowledge and slake my thirst for this game.

16. darkninjx

darkninjx Big Damn Hero

yes they should if you dont want to get spoiled then dont watch it but videos would bring more people

17. Breather

Breather Oxygen Tank

I'm totally gonna stay up till mid-night and get it, and play it. Meaning I'll play it before any LP's even come out.

18. darkninjx

darkninjx Big Damn Hero

Im pretty sure the OP was talking about let's plays and gameplays BEFORE realese like it was with Terraria and its devs(they did a LP before realese)

19. Baradrim

Baradrim Big Damn Hero

I don't care about spoilers. I usually read the game wiki before playing the game anyways

20. Breather

Breather Oxygen Tank

How could there possibly be any LP's before the games ever out? o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.