1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Game performance (Lags)

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Cat_Fuzz, Sep 20, 2016.

1. NotChris

NotChris Space Hobo

Lower graphics a bit...

2. Yeroc

Yeroc Space Hobo

Any developments on the lag front? I just started playing this game and it's beautiful but I find my cursor is very slow, making it pretty unplayable. I've searched around and tried a few things with no success. I tried disabling threaded optimization in my Nvidia properties, I changed Vsync to false in the config file, and I'm playing in windowed mode. Here are my specs:

Asus laptop, Windows 10
    Intel Core i7, 2.6 GHZ, (up to 3.1 ODD?)
    8 GB RAM
    64 bit
    NVIDIA Geforce 820M, 4GB total graphics memory, 2 GB dedicated

There's also a vertical sync option in my Nvidia settings, should I try turning that off?

This game looks amazing, I hope I can get this fixed :)

LemonLeman likes this.
  3. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Try not playing through steam.

4. Healthire

Healthire Can't Most Program the Least

Can you take a look at this thread? http://community.playstarbound.com/...multiplayer-via-steam-framerate-issue.129587/

You may be having this issue. Try turning "Multiplayer via steam" off in the options.

5. virgiltheonly

virgiltheonly Space Hobo

I am experiencing terrible lag/latency which drops me to 8 fps on singleplayer and 4 fps on multiplayer. Not only does the fps drop severely but my character actually moves unbearably slowly. Starts as soon as I join the game, acts just fine on the menu. Here are some of my specs:

AMD FX(tm)-4300 Quad-Core Processor 3.80GHz
    8.00 GB RAM
    64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 720

6. morbid42

morbid42 Aquatic Astronaut

I cant speak for lag now as i havent played for 3 months but i found that any form of lighting created bad lag. Lighting in terms of those found in populated areas or lights added to a base

Sent from my NX531J using Tapatalk

7. virgiltheonly

virgiltheonly Space Hobo

Okay so if I turn off Multiplay via Steam Friends, everything goes smoothly. Is there any other way I can play a game with on of my friends?

8. Braydenk

Braydenk Intergalactic Tourist

Everytime I try to access the arrowhead in my crate my game freezes. Any suggestions? Just wanted to put you on point dev so you can clean up this amazing game. XboxOne btw.

9. BigEaredKittens

BigEaredKittens Master Astronaut

The game simply crashes on startup now. Wont even load.

I've changed nothing about my system specs.

10. Healthire

Healthire Can't Most Program the Least

11. whereaminow51

whereaminow51 Void-Bound Voyager

Hello, I have been unable to play starbound lately, it starts off fine, then it just begins to frame rate, things take anywhere from 5 secs to up to 15 secs to die, and etc. I run into an invisible wall with no nothing on the other side A LOT.

I can run the Tomb Raider ( 2013 ) with ZERO Absolute Zero lag or anything perfectly.

I would greatly appreciate Any Help.

12. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

i don't see how ppl with amazing hardware are getting a lot of lag wen i hav slightly worse hardware and only the occasional fps drop or invisible wall of unloading

but still, this many ppl with a problem, including the amazing hardware ones, this is definitely something with the game

13. TheLegitimantis

TheLegitimantis Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I posted a topic about this a few days ago and I got no replies aside from being referred here. Nothing has helped my problem. The game performs pretty poorly for me (2x zoom framerate never goes above 30), and my minimum specs are well above the recommended on the Steam page. I don't know what the problem is. I've seen my friends run this game on crappy laptops better than on my main computer.

Edit; I do not have the issue with Multiplayer with Steam. Turning it off makes no difference.

14. whereaminow51

I have had a Thread on gog forums Starbound or laggbound, ( no steam ) Medium-low end computer, can run Tomb Raider (2013 ) on low and somewhat medium settings without any lagg.
    Yet starbound laggs so badly its almost unplayable. Just in single player. No One has responded to my gog thread for quite a while now............

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  15. Nexus Of Chaos

well, according to the starbound blog, an update was pushed out fixing this

16. whereaminow51

Well, Gog doesn't do anything on the weekends so it'll have to be sometime Monday if they put it out then just to see if the new patch fixes the problem.

17. Marcus101RR

Marcus101RR Void-Bound Voyager

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  18. Nexus Of Chaos

i for some reason can't send out more than 1 grappling hook

19. whereaminow51

Nope, the big bad lagg problems are still there. Still receiving invisible walls due ti the map not being loaded. Monsters still just standing there not attacking then hop in in the air, or hop forward just to die. Takes up to 10 seconds to collect pixels once the monsters die. What is going on darn it.

20. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Sounds like your CPU is bottlnecking.

The lag being talked about here is performance lag. Your issue doesn't seem the same.