1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Game is too laggy to play [FIXED]

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Rocket Slugg, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Rocket Slugg

Rocket Slugg Aquatic Astronaut

Hi there, I just bought starbound but I can't get it to work at all. I was able to play a little bit initially, basically just the intro but with great difficulty as it was very choppy and laggy. Every few seconds the game hangs for a bit, I also get occasional crashes. in between hangs it runs smooth.

I read through some suggestions but none of the suggestions have worked so far. I tried launching without using steam, specifically in the 64 bit mode to match my system, I disabled steam overlay, all to no avail.

I know its not my hardware as I play much heavier games, I also opened up task manager to see how much CPU and ram was being used and both were around 30% with the game running.

Thanks

2. Rocket Slugg

Rocket Slugg Aquatic Astronaut

I found a solution!!!

I'm a bit baffled as to why it worked but it certainly did. I had read that some people were able to fix the same problem by checking if their operating system was 64 bit or 32 bit, and making sure they were running the appropriate version of the game.

I checked, and I'm on a 64 bit system. Therefore I assumed that my use of the 64 bit version of the game was not the source of the problem. After trying everything else with no success I said, "what the heck?" and tried running the game in 32 bit mode.

Runs smooth as butter, on my 64 bit system. No idea why this worked, but it did. No problems whatsoever now.