1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Game Freezes after about 15 minutes

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Pig_Pilot, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Pig_Pilot

Pig_Pilot Void-Bound Voyager

I've been having this problem since the 1.0 update and I haven't found a solution anywhere. The game starts and runs normally but after about 15 minutes of playing, the game will freeze and make my cursor the blue circle thing. It still plays the background music but my player is completely frozen and never unfreezes so I close the window. This happens every time I run the game for 10-15 minutes. The same thing also occurs running the 32 bit version. I've tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling the game but the issue still occurs.

I'm running Starbound on windows 10 in windowed mode and I have no mods running.

I've attached the error log.

Attached Files:

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

What are your specs in detail?

~ Iris ~

3. Pig_Pilot

My operating system is 64-bit and I have 6 gigabytes of RAM. The processor is AMD A4-4300M APU and has 2.50 GHz. My Graphics card is AMD Radeon HD 7420G.

Does that help? Or are there any other specs you need specifically?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  4. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Are you running your machine in full performance mode? According to the cpu it seems that you're using a notebook. It's possible that your cpu is getting to it's limit with starbound.
    How much dedicated vram do you have? (it's the one for the video card)

~ Iris ~

5. Pig_Pilot

Yes I am using a notebook. I put my computer in full performance mode but the issue still occurred. It seems your right about the CPU, I used task manager to monitor the CPU and as the game froze the CPU went to 100%. My dedicated video memory is 512 MB if that can still help but I'm guessing I just won't be able to play Starbound on this computer :(