1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Game crashes when trying to sleep.

Discussion in 'Support' started by Reznaak, Feb 29, 2016.

1. vojtci

vojtci Intergalactic Tourist

So anyone has an idea how to fix it? It happens to me too on Day 2 year 2 in winter. I cant go to bed and save the game. Skipping a day didnt work :-(

• TracyL37

TracyL37 Void-Bound Voyager

I'm
      Crashing as well soon as I select to sleep for the night but I'm playing on my MAC with Wine I don't know what' to do

• renyo

renyo Void-Bound Voyager

My game crashed on Winter day 23 when farmer is about to go to sleep. Character not married. I installed a few portrait and building mods but the game worked fine for the whole game year before the crash.

• BannMan

BannMan Intergalactic Tourist

MY CRASH - My game crashed as I went to sleep Yr1/Winter 3. I feel asleep, the bridge repair scene happened and then the goods to cash scene happened and it was there that the game crashed.

MY SOLUTION - Did everything the same in the day(mined for some red slimes,did the winter seeds CC, gave out gifts, foraged a little, etc), but this time did not deposit any goods for cash, and PRESTO, it worked.

Perhaps the game can't handle multiple cut scenes at night.

• brittpinkie

brittpinkie Void-Bound Voyager

FYI, I had this error today (game kept crashing at bedtime, on the 22nd of Fall- I use TONS of mods), and I found verifying the game's cache fixed the issue. Probably one of my mods causing the crash, but at least I know I don't have to get rid of my save game or something. It's probably worth trying to verify your game cache (even if you don't use mods) to see if that fixes the problem :)

• FlamingHawk

FlamingHawk Space Hobo

I'm stuck on Winter 12 of the first year. I was stuck on the previous day, but I fixed it by emptying my inventory and taking every clothing article off of my character. I tried the same thing the next day and it crashed again

• niemachan

niemachan Space Hobo

Yeah its definitely been happening in winter. Although it happened a couple times in fall as well. Just go to bed and it crashes right before the save. USUALLY it happens when I actually did a bunch of work on the farm. but that could just be my luck;)

• RAINBIRD55

RAINBIRD55 Starship Captain

HI CA!
                  Any idea when the next build will be? Weeks? Months? I'm stuck on 19th of Fall, no saving when going to bed, and upon restarting the game, it's still 19th of Fall. :nurusad:

• RAINBIRD55

RAINBIRD55 Starship Captain

Im not familiar with 'verifying the game cache'. I'm glad it worked the issue out for you, can you tell me how to do it?

• AkivashaAceron

AkivashaAceron Big Damn Hero

I'm on the last day of spring on year 2 and I crash everytime I try to sleep, it's never happened before..

Attached Files:

• MayTricks

MayTricks Space Hobo

I just encountered this problem on year 3, fall. I harvested over 500 cranberries at once and put them all in the shipping crate, and every time I would sleep, my game would crash. So I tried not putting them in and my game didn't crash. This leads me to believe that the number of items you ship in one night has a significant effect on whether your game will crash or not. Idk if this is a bug or an incapability of the game, but it should be fixed.