1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Game crashes to black screen, stays unresponding indefinitely

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by telnaga, Dec 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. telnaga

telnaga Void-Bound Voyager

I just moved and got a new computer, so it's been a few months since I've played starbound and it's a new version on a new computer (starbound 1.2.1 on windows 10 -- brand new cyberpower). It worked fine for a while, but now it's crashing every time I play about two minutes in. It's always when I'm on a planet and extraneous things are loading (structures, dungeons, any atypical generation). The logs seem to always end in "failed to load dungeon object", so that might be what is causing it. As for the actual crash, the game will freeze suddenly, my entire monitor will go black for a moment, and then it will return to normal but starbound is whited out and unresponding.
    Please help! I want to play more. I've been playing for years and I'm not stopping now.

No mods, full screen.

Attached Files:

2. telnaga

Update:
    I reinstalled starbound to see if that would help. it did not.
    The last few times it's crashed I've noticed that my computer gave me a non-starbound-related error message stating something like "the settings on your graphics card have been reset to default after an issue".
    My graphics card is a Radeon RX 470. I checked if it had any updates I could download and it does not.

3. telnaga