1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Game crashed

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Yavor, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Yavor

Yavor Big Damn Hero

Hello,
    My game crashed and I wanted to send the log files. I'm sorry if I post this on the wrong thread, or if I did something wrong.

Best Regards!

Attached Files:

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

What did you do on the planet? Do you have pet tethers there? Which pets are used? How many are used? Do you have capture pods? What is in the capture pods? Are there any special monsters on the planet?

~ Iris ~

3. Yavor

Yavor Big Damn Hero

This is my first planet and I have quite a large colony there. I have pet tethers and there are some procedurally generated monsters on them. I have two capture pods, but I think that they were empty. No special monsters, all of them are regular, non modded. I have a lot of crops on this planet. I also have relocated a number of creatures as well as a built fish tank with about 10 regular fish (captured from fishing). There are a lot of tennants - 14-15 I think. There may also be conflicts with some mods, that I have previously added and then removed, but I don't think that they affected the planet in any way. I have terraformed a part of the planet with a minibiome (bioluminiscence). I have a teleporter in my colony and another 2 flags on the same planet. That is all I can think of right now. I hope this helps!

4. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Does this crash happen at the same spot on that planet or is the position of the crash random?
    It is possible that either a mod affected worldgeneration somehow and therefor causing the crash or it is one of the pet tethers.
    the crash is probably caused during the function "spawnMonster" according to the stacktrace. If you can remember which mods you had previously installed and can reinstall them for testing this could help. ^-^

~ Iris ~

5. Yavor

Yavor Big Damn Hero

I am more than positive, that it is the monster parts pack (Obe monster parts and some others) and especially the More Critters mod (or something, the one with the horses, bears, the dopefish and such). I have to point out that the crash happens very, very rarely and I am playing the game with no problems at all. The only problem is that I don't want to delete this planet and start it all over again, as I built up a large base there. The crash occured while I was strolling around my crops, where random monsters spawn. I had no tethers there, in the vicinity. And no, it does not happen at the same spot. All in all it happened just 2 times during 6 months of playing, on two different spots of the same planet.
    I wish to Thank You for all of your hard work and for the quick response as well!
    I also wish to send you my hopes that this game fulfills all you your company's desires and targets! It truely is a marvel!

Kind Regards!
    Yavor