1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Resolved Game crash because of a item.

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by xiimyr, Dec 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xiimyr

xiimyr Orbital Explorer

hello.
    after the game was launched a fast get an item named keramit knife (if i remember right) it made me always crash the game when i touch it.
    but by luck i had the chance to stock it in a chest so i dont have to use it anymore.
    but now i restarted the game and i forgot about it and now it was on my toolbar and switching on it let me crash again. now the caracter chrash everytime i try to go into the game with this specific character.

starbound bug.jpg
    is there a way to delete this item ?

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Was/is it a mod item? Did you find it on a server?

It can be removed by editing the player save file via the tools provided in the win32 folder of starbound. If you don't know how to do it put your affected player file in a zip file and attach it so i can edit it out for you.

~ Iris ~

3. xiimyr

xiimyr Orbital Explorer

no it wans't from a mod or a server i think it was from the game itself, surprisingly i never saw that again.

i tried now to modify myself but i didn't find out. i will send you the link in private

4. Iris Blanche

5. xiimyr

xiimyr Orbital Explorer

oh so it is a mod ?
    to be honest ive never installed a mod on the game. but i think i know where its come from, a guy who started the game and after a few day installed tones of mod (and made me crash often) maybe i by error take one of his items....

should i install the mod, getting rid of the item and deinstall the mod again ?

6. Iris Blanche

Yup. That's the easiest way. ^-^

~ Iris ~

7. xiimyr

xiimyr Orbital Explorer

ok thanks i will try it, i will come back and tell you if it works or not (i think it shoud but we never know ^^)

EDIT : Thanks ! it worked ! (and it was surprisingly fast) now i know why it wasnt working ^^ thank you very much

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.