1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Modded FurryBound Revival - A furry friendly Starbound server!

Discussion in 'Public Servers' started by Geodeek, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Geodeek

Geodeek Pangalactic Porcupine

Heads up everyone, the Neko race was REMOVED from the server and collection. Its most recent update causes a crash on launch... Apparently the dev doesn't like to test before pushing. Hopefully we'll be able to add it back fairly soon.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
  2. 409

409 Big Damn Hero

Could I get a conventional download for the modpack?

3. Geodeek

I'm afraid not. Our entire mod management infrastructure is built around the steam workshop. Even if I could provide a conventional download, it would become outdated within a day or two - perhaps less.

4. 409

409 Big Damn Hero

Then I'm not joining the server because I don't want to shuffle around pretty much every starbound related file I have to keep my characters and universe, because I've noticed at least one mod that permanently screws things up.

5. Alucard I

Alucard I King Homestuck I

I reeeeeeally don't want to leave my characters behind, because I love Frackin' Universe. But... Oh well, a man needs a company. You gotta lose something to get a chance to acquire something better.
    So, what do I need to join the server? Apart from having all my mods uninstalled and deleted and having your mods installed and loved.

6. Geodeek

Once your mods are straightened out, just point your game at the server's address and you should be good to go.

7. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

I mean you could just trash all of your frackin' universe gear and you'd be fine for keeping the character. That worked for me.

8. Bruised Spartan

Bruised Spartan Subatomic Cosmonaut

Well, not necessarily, if stuff still works how it used to, the items will turn into perfectly generic items, and if you have any quests from FU (haven't played it to the extent to know if there are quests) those will crash your game.
    Of course, I'm not certain if the item will revert if you re-install the mod, and if the quests still crash you.

Also, Argonians have returned, and in 1.0. Praise Sanguine.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
  9. Zancuno

Zancuno Existential Complex

10. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

Who said anything about the lucario?
    By the way, not on the workshop, not on the server.
    So, if you're asking to get the unfinished version of your mod added in some weird way that wouldn't really work??

11. Zancuno

Well the mod is still in development but it fully works with 1.0 with the current alpha <.< You can mix downloaded mods and steam mods. I just posted to keep this place informed because they had the mod earlier. The alpha I posted is what everyone is playing until the full release. (when I mean full release, I mean armors, npcs, and a ship. The rest is done)

12. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

Mix workshop and download?
    Are people likely to even want to?

Hint: The answer to that question is no.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
  13. Zancuno

Did I press a button of some sort??? <.< Okay Okay.... geez.. I was just doing this because those who follow the lucario mod were fine with downloading it so that they could at least play.. I'll just leave this at that then...

14. Geodeek

Thanks for the info. But yeah, as Scival said rather... bluntly, we can't add a mod unless it's in the steam workshop.
    If anyone wants to mix in the mod for use in singleplayer, they're more than welcome to. However, any attempt to join the server as a Lucario could result in an automatic banning without warning. The wrapper should prevent the login and subsequent banning but this doesn't always happen. I know this isn't ideal, but ChuckleFish hasn't given me much to work with.

You ok there?...

15. ArrancarX5

ArrancarX5 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I have a couple of mods that are on the steam workshop, that I feel you should add to the modpack...Avali Specop, DarkKraken [is also here on the mod repository], Valkyrie Profile:Gear of the destinies [Hrist, Silmeria, and Lenneth], the nightar race [as done brilliantly by AmazonValkyrie might I add.] , Universal Prism EPP, and the weapon reinforcer & fusion, armor augments for all races [there's some for mod races, like viera] Tracerblink tech, Mushroom Tech Mod, and the active stealth tech, also, would integrating Ultra-techs be possible for the modpack?

16. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

Yeah, good suggestions.
    Just check that some mods (( like active stealth module )) isn't already added.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=734142101

17. ArrancarX5

I have all of those, I'm just waiting to see all of these added in, I just took out weapon reinforcement and fusion & augmentable armors, all i'm really wanting to see added is the nightar, gear of the destinies, and the universal prism EPP, oh yeah, I forgot about the spawnable item pack!

18. baltosaa

baltosaa Pangalactic Porcupine

I really hope Avali Specop gets added to the server. It's an awesome mod

19. ArrancarX5

I got another mod for the lazy basebuilder, like me, base in a box + dependancy files*

20. Eradem

Eradem Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Alright, we've got a situation on our hands as of posting this New Haven underground area and Isathel's house are inaccessible and so is Alex's house and some player's ships and part of Icarus Mitnu's place because of the macrochips mod having broken on the server. Some server configurations presumably broke it originally making the UI blank while in singleplayer it was working fine. But now, anyone who sees a macrochip immediately crashes and gets stuck with an eof exception.

Exception caught in client main-loop (EofException) Failed to read full buffer in readFull, eof reached.

The only way out of this situation is to type /suicide and hope that the game registers it in time for you to die, reconnect, and respawn on your ship.

Oh and starbound log here. http://pastebin.com/Nqwt5gdp

Update: Well, just a mod desync according to Dust which is very likely. But that does not change the fact the UI on macrochips was blank before.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016