Funny things that happen in the game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Charity322, Apr 25, 2017.

1. LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Given Leah's love of nature, she's probably upset that you chopped a tree down to get it. At least with driftwood it's something that has naturally fallen off and been carried by the river. At least, that's my take on it. lol

• blind3rdeye

blind3rdeye Big Damn Hero

20170430204240_1.jpg

That tree is not going to provide a lot of shelter...

Ipielle, Minimanta and Charity322 like this.
      • Jack Of Shades

Jack Of Shades Pangalactic Porcupine

I knew there was more than a few good reasons I married her. :3

• Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

And that's why that tree is sacred on my saves xD
          I saw this happen in a youtube let's play and had a good laugh, then swore to never chop it down.

This is probably one of the funniest moments I've experienced in this game:
          Harvey.png
          I was married to Harvey and as soon as I told Lewis to launch the boat, Harvey took a left turn, did a Jesus and walked completely off screen. This is where I found him when the sidescrolling began.

blind3rdeye, Charity322 and xMel248 like this.
          • SheepSaysBaah

SheepSaysBaah Intergalactic Tourist

Everyone oversees the part when they got drugged by the wizard to be "one" with the nature.
            (For those with the Wizard Community Center cutscene.)

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

I'm sure we've all seen squirrels in SDV run across the screen and jump into a tree. But it wasn't until a few days ago that I observed one jump into a tree in the bus area, which then shook slightly--as thought the squirrel didn't have good balance--and it dropped a hazelnut.

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

....the trees drop hazelnuts!? How did I miss this!?

Speaking of animals, I've had a wild rabbit run into a bush, and much like the hazelnut and squirrel incident, the rabbit knocked all the berries off. That said, they were black berries so for a split section I thought it was rabbit poo. Meaning I thought I had literally scared the crap out of a digital rabbit!

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

No, they don't. That's why I pointed out that it had to be the squirrel. Because the tree shakes once it reaches the canopy, as though it's scrambling for a hold--and I'm sure it dropped the hazelnut it had in its possession at that point.

Though I wouldn't put it past CA at some point to create a tree that once shaken, drops something different on any given successive day. After all, he did manage the whole lightning bit that changed fruit to coal for a while. :)

Heh. Multi-colored birds around, too. And the occasional unnamed, squiggly invertebrates that run for cover when you slice and dice weeds. Haven't found anything else on land I can think of, pets and farm animals aside, unless inside magical zones such as the Mines, Community Center, and Cavern.

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Nope, Maple trees totally have a chance to drop a hazelnut if shaken during the fall. It's even documented on the wiki: http://stardewvalleywiki.com/Hazelnut
                    The squirrel just did the same thing the rabbit did when Ghostly Fox saw it run into a bush. Shaking the tree (or a bush) counts whether you or an animal does it, so there's always a tiny chance that a squirrel running up a Maple during autumn can knock one down. I've seen it happen once or twice myself.

(This does not explain why a Maple tree should drop hazelnuts to begin with, since hazelnuts grow on, y'know, Hazel trees, so in game context we can probably blame a squirrel cache hidden inside the trunk for it anyhow.)

Borodin likes this.
                    • LuthienNightwolf

I've seen the hazelnut thing happen on my game as well. It's rare, but it can happen.

For those who don't know (cuz I didn't for a long time) you can shake the palm trees at the desert and sometimes get coconuts too.

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

*BONK!*

And then Gilligan gets amnesia and thinks he's an opera singer for the rest of the episode! :poke:

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

Fascinating. Just when you think you have the laws of the world figured out, CA produces hazelnuts from maple trees.

I look forward to watching a chicken turning into a jumino.

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
                          • LuthienNightwolf

There's a mod for that. ;D

http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/823/?

Borodin likes this.
                            • Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
                            • Feathered Sparks

Feathered Sparks Big Damn Hero

Okay, so, this one isn't so much something that happened in the game as it is a funny story directly related to the game, but I figure it's close enough to count and I've been dying to share this.

I was with some young cousins of mine at their house, and for a few minutes they had gotten into their own little game, so I decided to go on my phone real quick and check if there were any interesting happenings on a couple sites. One of the websites I check on occasion is the SDV official wiki, because sometimes interesting new bits of info on the characters or whatnot are added there. Well, I happened to be on that site when my 4 year old cousin came over and asked what I was doing. I explained a little about how this was a game I like to play, and to make it more interesting for her, I showed her the page listing all the villagers and explained that they were the characters you could make friends with in the game. For the heck of it, I zoomed in to Sam's portrait and told her that you could also have your farmer marry some of the villagers and this was the guy I'd picked.

So my cousin looks at the picture for a moment -- just his neutral portrait, no other information given -- points at it, and says "Rockstar." It was beautiful.

...And then after that she decided she really liked both Haley's portrait and the zoom function on my phone, and started zooming in on her face repeatedly and laughing like crazy whenever she'd gotten as close as possible. That was more weird than beautiful, but both reactions were amusing and I was glad I was able to entertain her with all that :rofl:

• Stryder87

Stryder87 Giant Laser Beams

Pierre is a liar and Harvey is a letch!!

Unfortunately I didn’t take screenshots, but I was quite surprised the other day when I found out what Pierre is really like. I had sold him a few bottles of Crystal Fruit wine. The next day I was talking to Leah and she said that she had bought some from Pierre and that Pierre said he found it while exploring the caves!! Leah said she didn’t know Pierre was such an adventurer!! The fibber!!!

Then, during the 10-heart scene with Harvey (I won’t say what it is so I don’t spoil it), he used his fear as an excuse to grab my (female) toons boob... and not just a quick grope, but he held on for a long time!! The letch!!!

This game is so funny!! :DD

• blind3rdeye

blind3rdeye Big Damn Hero

I was out exploring the skull caverns; and when 1am rolled around I decided it was time to come home. But for some reason my 1am coffee didn't kick in to give me the speed boost I needed, and so I only just got onto the bus at 2am. I passed out while the bus drove away, and the day ended.

Surprisingly, I woke the next day at the bus stop.
                                  20170507132656_1.jpg

And when I went home to check on the farm, I found that I'd got a familiar letter for an unfamiliar situation...

20170507132735_1.jpg

Apparently "home safely" means leaving me on the bus. Thanks Joja... but I actually _don't_ live the bus!

And what happened to Pam? Does she just walk away without even checking that I got off the bus? I guess those 10 hearts mean nothing to her. :(

4leaf clover likes this.
                                  • Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

I guess this confirms that she drinks and drives. Yikes.

• Charity322

Charity322 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It was 2am for her too. You were probably sleeping on the bus together. :rofl:

4leaf clover likes this.
                                      • Stryder87

Stryder87 Giant Laser Beams

I wouldn’t call this funny per-say, but I thought it was rather interesting. When playing through using a male character, Leah’s ex (name escapes me right now) is referred to as a male. But when playing through with a female character, Leah’s ex is referred to as a female. I guess this would make sense since, if you pursue her as a male, her interests would be towards males, and her ex’s gender would also reflect this. Same as if you pursue her as a female, her ex would reflect her interest in the same gender.

CA really gave this game some serious deep thought. I’m impressed.

Also… this game is just so darn fun and addictive!!! :catwink: