Funny things that happen in the game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Charity322, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Charity322

Charity322 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I miscounted the days left until my farmer's wedding and had not changed my clothes for it yet. Therefore I got married in a pink cowboy hat and purple boots. :rofl:

I got the cutscene where Evelyn gives you her cookie recipe and straight after that she told me maybe one day she'd give me her cookie recipe. You literally just gave it to me!

• springacres

springacres Phantasmal Quasar

I had Marnie tell me Shane was living with her... the spring AFTER I married him.

I also had Shane ask me where the Joja Cola was, then when I gave it to him he asked me why I was giving him my garbage.

ChaosAzeroth and meowsimming like this.
      • Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

Requests on the bulletin board are a treasured source of non-sequiturs that have received at least a couple of threads. Some of us are convinced that CA has deliberately left its algorithms in their primitive state because of the humor in the results--such as when an NPC asks for a fish to rub on their back.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
        • Charity322

I finally got one of the Haley 'for girl's only' quests. Only girls understand seaweed.

• Sventex

Sventex Pangalactic Porcupine

My child has the skin-tone of Demetrius and his hair color. (Not mine clearly)
            [​IMG]

So I decided to get revenge.
            [​IMG]

(Actually, Robin was just too lazy to get out of bed when she opened her shop.)

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
            • ellindsey

ellindsey Space Spelunker

I was in the second winter of my game, trying to finish the community center in time for Grandpa's evaluation. The only item left that I needed was the rabbit's foot. I had four rabbits in a coop, and had been visiting the traveling cart at every opportunity, but no luck.

Then one morning, my wife Abigail told me that she had fed the animals for me. Silly Abby, we have auto-feeders. I went and checked on the animals anyway - and found two rabbit's feet in the coop. I have never seen rabbit's feet since, and never saw them before, only on the one day that my wife fed the animals for me. While I know it is pure coincidence, I am headcanoning it that she somehow convinced the rabbits to shed feet for me when she visited them that morning.

• Sventex

Yeah, Leah always waters the crops despite the fact that we've got sprinklers. If would be much more handy if she could harvest my kegs for me.

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Evelyn telling me she wishes George would stop watching tv all day and go outside. Meanwhile, at that exact moment, he's actually sitting outside next to the house. lol

• Khandi

Khandi Orbital Explorer

That one special day I came home tired and soaked and someone was snoring in my bed o_O

[​IMG]

(I am using the "Crow instead of Cat"-Pet-Mod and little Nevermore (I'm pretending he's a raven, not a crow) was happily sleeping. Of course I could not go to sleep, I had to leave the house and re-enter, and there he was sleeping next to the table ;-) )

• Feathered Sparks

Feathered Sparks Big Damn Hero

The day after my first child was born -- as in literally the day following the nighttime event in which my character gave birth -- I talked to Pam and she said something about Penny followed by something like "If you ever have kids, you'll understand." I just sort of sat there wondering how drunk she's been to not even realize that the person she's talking to was pregnant for a while right up to that day :rofl:

This next story is actually one I've brought up in another thread, but earlier in the same file I managed to get Penny's 8-heart event the day after getting Sam's 10-heart event. Yes, it was the most well-known version where Vincent mentions that Penny and Sam were climbing trees together the evening before. I got kind of indignant at first, but then realized that they could just as easily have been hanging out as friends and ended up headcanoning that Sam specifically went to hang out with Penny because he was about to confess his feelings to my farmer and needed someone to talk to about it. It's now one of my favorite things to have happened in that game.

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

I ran around looking for Demetrius to give him an amethyst for a quest, minimap said he was near the fountain. Few minutes of running around in that area to find him, I see the "..." Bubble that characters give off when something is in their path. Stare at the bush. Happens again, suddenly Demetrius runs out of the bush to pace back and forth beside it. It made it seem like he was so distracted thinking that he fell in the bush and was so embarrassed he was hoping my Farmer would leave before getting out.

• Jack Of Shades

Jack Of Shades Pangalactic Porcupine

Even beds need a good nights sleep.

Borodin likes this.
                          • ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

So... I was a bit slow in starting courting the various ladies of the valley this time 'round. In fact, I had waited until winter to start heavily gifting. My two-heart even with Maru goes off on Winter 23rd. You know the one.

Two days later, Demetrius was my secret santa, and he gifted me... a bomb. Coming on the heels of the event where he warns me off of his daughter, it just kinda felt... well...

Ummm... pretty sure that counts as terroristic threats, doesn't it?

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

This is one of the more realistic behaviors of the cat (or crow, in your case). Happens to me once in a while, too.

Get. Out. Of. The. Bed. Julian.

springacres likes this.
                              • Sventex

I thank you for your pity sir.
                                [​IMG]

What would your wife say if she found out about this Kent?
                                [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
                                  Emile likes this.
                                • blind3rdeye

blind3rdeye Big Damn Hero

I gave Shane an icecream during winter on my way to Marnie's house. He thanked me, but then moments later I found him unconscious on the floor of his room. :(

• Charity322

Originally, I was looking at Leah to marry, but then I gave her an icecream and she didn't like it. I can't marry someone who doesn't like icecream. :rofl: Also, I asked her to dance and she was very rude. Most people turn you down politely, but she was straight up, no I don't want to dance with you.

• Charity322

I wish you could sleep in it with them. At least now I have carpet Lily isn't always sleeping on the cold hard floor. She still sleeps outside in the snow though.

oldbutgamingstill likes this.
                                      • Sventex

She's obsessed with natural wild food. Salads, mushrooms, nuts, leeks, spring onions, horseradishes, snow yams, winter roots, ect. The only exception I found is wine, which she loves. But yeah, give her something processed like ice cream, or pizza and she freaks out.

Lilliput likes this.
                                        • ellindsey

ellindsey Space Spelunker

I had noticed that Leah did a lot of carving of wood, and figured that giving her some would he a good gift. So I gave her some Hardwood, as I figured that this was even better than normal wood so she should love it. She hated it. Turns out she wants driftwood, must be easier to carve or more interestingly shaped or something.