1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Fullscreen - Main Menu disappeared

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by tootallteeter, Jul 24, 2016.

1. tootallteeter

tootallteeter Space Hobo

The very first thing I did was go into the menu, choose my native resolution and enabled fullscreen, then the main menu disappeared like so:

[​IMG]

I've reinstalled the game and it's okay, but that was really disappointing.

herpleyderpley likes this.
  2. theStrangeDr

theStrangeDr Space Hobo

Same issue

3. surtalgoi

surtalgoi Aquatic Astronaut

Same here, right after switching to Full Screen in the options. Reinstalling did nothing for me.

Edit: I had the wrong resolution w full screen, which messed it up. In case you two have a similar problem (resolution too high / full screen), you can change these things in the starbound.config under \steamapps\common\Starbound\storage

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  4. herpleyderpley

herpleyderpley Intergalactic Tourist

This happened to me to on Windows 10 on my laptop. But I figured out why. Even though my display is native 1920x1080, when I set Starbound to this resolution in fullscreen I had the problem depicted in the OP's screenshot. To fix it I went into my windows display settings (right-click an empty area of your desktop and choose Display Settings then go to the Display panel) and saw that I had the setting that says:
    "Change the size of text, apps, andn other items: 125%"
    I lowered it down to just 100% and restarted Starbound then everything was fine.
    So apparently the windows zoom level was affecting the starbound game menu screen making it scale too large. It never happened on my PC because I have a larger display so I don't apply the zoom setting on that system. Only happened on my laptop cuz I set zoom to 125% due to smaller screen.