1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Frogg Chest's Properties

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Jerln, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

So, the Frogg Chest armor piece, the unobtainable one used for the Frogg Merchant NPCs.

How does it work?

I noticed from spawning it in that wearing it hides the rest of your body, but still allows all of your clothes to be seen. The first thing I thought of doing with that is applying the effect to some other armor piece to see what sort of weird combinations that could cause.

After looking at the .chest file, the only thing I could find that might do this is "hideBody":true, but adding that to the spawnitem command of other items doesn't work, and changing it to false while adding it to the Frogg Chest's spawnitem command doesn't change anything either, so I guess that's not what causes the effect.

Does anybody have any ideas on what else it could be?

2. kittentamer

kittentamer Existential Complex

It might help if you added the spawn name? I see how to spawn the merchant himself but nothing about his armor.

3. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

The item ID is "froggchest"

4. kittentamer

Finally had a chance to look at it. I thought it might be that there is a mask file like head pieces have (amusingly had my avian's beak disappear when wearing a mod's wig once, it was oddly adorable), but I'm not seeing anything like that. One thing to keep in mind is you'd have to use a mod to actually modify item details, so if you are trying to directly edit the item from your unpacked source files it won't do anything.

5. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

I wasn't editing any of the files, I was looking at the JSON and trying to figure out what makes the frogg chestpiece do what it does. However, as you said, there doesn't seem to be any clear indicators to that.

6. kittentamer

Oh, I thought that is what you meant by
    If I get a chance I'll play with my mod a bit and see if editing an armor with the "hideBody":true line in does anything. I am pretty sure that'll be it, I don't think it is something you can just add via spawn commands.

7. kittentamer

Confirmed. if you add the "hideBody":true line to the .chest file for an armor you completely disappear. I'm so saving that info for later...xD

[​IMG]

Jerln likes this.
  8. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

Well, that sure is interesting! I wonder why hideBody doesn't work with the spawnitem command.

9. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

It does; I made a completely invisible vanity set using that and some color replace commands. Make sure you're setting "hideBody": true properly.