1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Frequent Game Crashes

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Umbral_Celeste, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Umbral_Celeste

Umbral_Celeste Void-Bound Voyager

Heya,

I had a hard drive crash some time ago and had to purchase a new one. Reinstalled Starbound and it had been working just fine. I had about a week's worth of game time logged into it when I began to have periodic crashes. This started shortly after installing a mod, Azure's Star Wars mod. I'd only been testing it and immediately removed it when I didn't like some of the features. The crashes have been ongoing since then. I had already deleted any of the items in the mod from my character and planetary world, so I'm not sure what would cause it further.

I have a backup, as I wasn't about to install any mods without one, but there was some amount of work done before I'd realized it was crashing. I included my Starbound Log for help, as I'm not sure what's causing the problem. It seems to be related to a monster spawning, but no idea why that would matter?

Attached Files:

2. SleepySquidd

SleepySquidd Tragically Magic Hands

It looks like there might be something relating to monster spawning. Installing mods is always risky, though, because they can make save files completely unusable if uninstalled in the wrong way. Even ones that modify the players stats (or adds new ones) can make the character playable only with the mods installed. Sorry I couldn't pinpoint the issue for you :(

3. Umbral_Celeste

Umbral_Celeste Void-Bound Voyager

Sure thing. Much appreciated. Is there a more proper way to uninstall mods in the Steam Workshop beyond unsubscribing? I'm familiar with editing files for lots of games in relationship to mods, so I don't mind doing the legwork, just not sure where to start on a comprehensive way to uninstall things in this game.