1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

[Free-Play™] ESCAPE VELOCITY [On Hiatus]

Discussion in 'Public Servers' started by evilnancyreagan, Aug 21, 2015.

?

What do YOU like to do in Starbound?

1. Murder the faces off of things!

18.2%
  2. Build! Build! Build! My name is Bob!

24.2%
  3. [[I like to role-play, I have a 5th level half-elf paladin]]

12.1%
  4. ♫ I'm a worthless bard, I lounge around spawn rocking out sweet jams on my sick dulcimer! ♫

21.2%
  5. Collect ALL the things. All of them. I may have a problem, don't put me on 'Hoarders'.

27.3%
  6. My 5-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations...

48.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evilnancyreagan

evilnancyreagan Pangalactic Porcupine

[​IMG]
    Ironically Cheesy 90's Banner
    ESCAPE VELOCITY
    Well, it's about damn time. Without further adieu, I bring you evilnancyreagan's® Free-Play™ Multiplayer Server Goodtimeshaving© ! "What the hell is Free-Play™ ?" I just made it up or, maybe it was already a thing but, it basically means, "do whatever you want, yo.". The caveat being; don't harsh on other people's fun. We are so down with O.P.P. (Other People's Playstyles). Yeah, you know me. One thing I'd like to do is try to keep the server up-to-date with the latest content. Sometimes things happen and that's not possible but, damn it, I'm gonna try. So, you know, keep that in mind, eh? Finally, I also would like it to be known that we will inevitably switch to some password or whitelisting system. I'm going to leave it open for now since we're brand new but, once we grow enough to where we're suffering rando-griefing, I'm gonna lock this bad boy down. So yeah, if you don't know, now you know. Anywho, I'm sure you're ready to play so, read the rules and go give em hell, Tiger.

RULEZ:
    1. You do not talk about Escape Velocity.
    2. YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT ESCAPE VELOCITY!
    3. Me, I rule. Deal. :cool:
    4. Don't be a turd. Don't.
    5. No crybabies, there WILL be bugs and data loss. Cope.
    6. Expounding on #4: Be Excellent to Each Other.
    7. No temporal paradoxes; do not travel back in time and kill your grandfather. The resulting mess is so annoying...
    8. Do not make the server hardware cry or I will make YOU cry. You have been warned!
    9. The word, 'Lag' or any of it's derivatives are strictly verboten. Welcome to the world wide web, even light speed has it's limit.
    10. GRIEFING: behaving in such a way to intentionally and explicitly cause distress to another person is ABSOLUTELY unacceptable. See #4.
    11. We are all here to have !!FUN!!, any behavior found to be non-conducive to this is strictly prohibited. THE FUN IS MANDATORY.
    12. I reserve the right to kick/ ban anybody that I believe is not contributing to this community in a positive manner. CYA clause.
    13. I also reserve the right to (considerately) change and adjust these rules to fit the needs of a growing community. Double CYA.
    TERMS OF USAGE
    By logging into and playing on our server you agree to and commit yourself to the following assertions:
    1. You have read and agree to abide by the aforementioned rules.
    2. You understand that the rules are subject to change and it's your responsibility to be aware of any revisions. Ignorance is not exemption.
    3. You understand that our server is run as a labor of love, out of our own pockets and we will never ask you for a dime. That being said, you understand, that this is our baby and you're playing in our sandbox. You understand that, while you are a welcome guest, this is our house and we can turn off the lights and shut down this party at anytime. Suggestions and donations are welcome but, they obligate us in no way.
    4. You understand that our server is intended for a mature audience and may contain mature language, themes and, for all intents and purposes, is rated: 'R'.
    YOU MADE IT, GOOD JOB! -- Now, to show that you have actually read these rules and agree to the terms set forth, reply to this thread with two lines of lyrics from your favorite song. Keep on ROCKIN' :headbanging:

:lickitung:

[​IMG]
    ADVERTISEMENT.​
    • Explore universe without limits containing over ten different planets. Huge tracts of land!
    • No More Painful and Embarrassing Injections.
    • Play the latest builds, discover brand new b̶u̶g̶s̶ features. Be the first!
    • Obscenely helpful players! Seriously, just take the freebies, don't be a hero.
    • Enjoy Anywhere! At home, at the office, anywhere you have a computer with an internet connection.
    • Hourly Restarts. Consistent!
    • Will Never Judge You.
    • Play with your friends, enemies, frenemies, complete strangers or people who are just completely strange.
    • No mods! Enjoy playing Starbound with other people--right out of the box, EZPZ.
    • Bulleted Lists!
    TESTIMONIAL:
    "As a notably successful Executive Internet Authority, I view a lot of Starbound servers. My professional livelihood depends on being able to distinguish between three children, stacked inside of a trenchcoat, disguised as an adult and the greatest sever of all time that will change your life forever. With all of my qualified experience, I can assure you this server is definitely not three children, stacked inside of a trenchcoat, disguised as an adult. You don't have to take my word for it, there's a reason why this is the top number one all-time recommended server among professionals and unprofessionals alike.
    A reason you can take all the way to the bank."
    [​IMG]
    Prof. Chauncey Marshmallow Esq.
    Executive Internet Authority

The views and opinions expressed here are soley those of a rambling buffoon. These views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of Chucklefish, the playstarbound.com staff, and/or any/all contributors to this site or basically anyone with half a brain. Also, ctrl+c & crtl+v are the greatest contributions made to mankind since sliced pizza, copy and paste ALL the things! :iswydt:

CONNECT WITH: 104.200.132.155

Don't forget to show how awesome you are by voting for us!
    Click the banner below to jump to our vote page. No additional registration required.
    [​IMG]
    *P.S. Escape Velocity is a hella great Mac game from way back in the day. You should know about it.