1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.0

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Wow, those mech changes... did you do all that or did I miss a chucklefish update somehow?

Longer legs, lower damage output (and lower enemy HP to match) so that mechs aren't entirely OP, starting mechs buffed a little, way better drop rates out of crates n such... found 4 blueprints already, hehe. I'm loving this.

Can't wait to get a bit further in to see what else you guys changed, lol.

2. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

lightning storms are in testing phase on that biome. incredibly easy to avoid (just go underground) but yea, can be challenge :)

aware of the tricorder "techtablet" error. will get that fixed for this release.

the insanity bit, unsure. havent tested extensively with FR yet

as for the image: it just uses the same image no matter what right now

3. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

nope. Not editing it. You could, but I don't recommend it:

Firstly, you are clearly judging the EPP system before even trying it in depth. This is not disputable. I know for sure that is what you are doing. Vanilla EPP system #@$@$@ing sucks, and this improves it. It just means you need to actually plan and not assume you are auto-immune to all previous effects the second you get a new EPP. Second, it is fully integrated into FU, and recoding it would require recoding the entire system. Not recommended. If you installed FU after beating vanilla without starting a fresh universe: thats probably your main issue.

vanilla fuel is absotuely *not* okay in FU. The mod is balanced around deeper fuel costs because it offers so many fuels. So again, not going to recommend changing this nor point out how.

In any case, unless you know lua programming, you won't be changing anything :)

if you play FU properly, follow tutorials and all that, fuel and EPP are not issues at all. Also, reading the in-game info helps, as it tells you how to get by various effects you might not be clear on. Quests also tell you how to do all sorts of things. So yea. Try playing it first. 3 years of people complaining about EPPs and Fuel has taught me that in *every single case* the situation is nearly identical.

jvm222 likes this.
  4. maro6162

maro6162 Void-Bound Voyager

I just want to get the old EPP vanilla system what files do i have to delete in the mod folder? fuel is okay i guess, it's just i don't want to waste time reviewing tutorials and re crafting epps, thanks in advance.

5. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

You'd have to re-patch all of the EPP files to do that, and as @sayter said, I can't recommend you doing so.

Take this from a guy who was initially against the EPP changes to begin with, but now that we've overhauled the environmental systems, now the EPP system is in a place I am happy and content with.

It really, really isn't that bad. You've got tons of options of how to deal with planets and their environments, and keep in mind that there are tutorials or if you are confused as to how to survive -x planet-, ask in here.

And even if you DID mod the Vanilla EPP system back in, it would ONLY help you on Vanilla planets, and you'd be sunk if you visited an FU planet, because the majority of FU planet types have multiple threats, many of which are not even covered by vanilla EPPs in their vanilla form.

And even if they were... it probably STILL wouldn't work, because FU overhauls how environments work anyways, even if you did .patch the vanilla EPPs back, they would not do anything because all planets (including Vanilla) have new environmental threats coded in that vanilla EPPs don't protect against.

So, tl;dr: modding the vanilla EPPs back would be useless, would not help you, and even if it were to help you'd only be with vanilla planets and it would only serve to make the game more boring.

If you need help on how to survive, we'd be happy to provide tips and suggestions. Most of these are going to be centered around wearing armor suited to the environment, or adding an augment to your EPP, or making a new EPP.

FU adds all of these materials, crafting machines, and recipes for a reason. Why do you want to circumvent all of that?

--------------------------

@sayter : Ahh, not fully implemented yet, okay. As I said in an earlier post, I've come back from a long-ish hiatus and still getting my bearings lol. You did some really awesome work in the time I was gone, lol. If I find anything else, I'll let you know.

EDIT: After playing on that Lush planet some more, I'm of a mind that the weather is OK -- it really does add flavor with the rain, lightning storms, etc. The damage from the lightning is not that bad and sometimes it can even work in your favor as enemies get zapped too at times. The energy drain doesn't mean much of anything (due to having nothing to use energy on at that point in the game), though the only complaint I would have, is that SAIL will remind you about these storms every 30-60 seconds or so or every time the weather changes, lol. Oh well. Small price to pay.

6. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

sayter updated FrackinUniverse with a new update entry:

Read the rest of this update entry...

7. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

just quoting so it'd ding you.

you wont *always* have lightning. Weather pools are changed on many biomes, allowing for greater diversity. Mine is snowy with a chance of butterflies.

8. Star Paw

Star Paw Big Damn Hero

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  9. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Ahh. Still, though, it's nice to see something other than drizzle rain and sunshine on Lush worlds. I would have to admit it was boring having only those two weather options, lol.

Eeek. Does this crash the game? I updated FU this afternoon after I saw the latest update note. Blah. I wanted to actually play some SB too, lol. Oh well, let's hope for a quick fix though I can play something else in the meantime if necessary.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  10. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

yes i know. Or rather, it was, but its fixed now according to everything Im seeing. And since no one attached a log, I don't care beyond that.

11. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

12. Zach9o9

Zach9o9 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Are we gonna see more of Kevin's shenanigans in future updates?

13. Toa_Derax

Toa_Derax Pangalactic Porcupine

Speaking of Kevin... 20170820153123_1.jpg

14. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

I'm getting some weird environment effect on a desert planet. I beamed down, and suddenly S.A.I.L. started screaming about "EXTREME HEAT DETECTED!" and the Severe Heat effect was quickly killing me. On a desert planet.

The same effect happened a short while earlier (though before I had updated FU to latest - didn't want to report it as a bug in case it had been fixed already) on the same planet. In that case, I was just walking along safely, when the Severe Heat turned on and damaged me.

It seems to be corrected temporarily by saving and reloading, but that's obviously not a permanent solution.

Log file: https://pastebin.com/Kef7k3Ni
    Unsure if the "/npcs/ivrpgnpc.lua" error is related or not.

15. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

What do you think about the throwing spear ability that the hunting spears of the avikan have? Because that could fit in perfectly with the random alternate fires that spears currently get.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  16. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

not a bug. part of the weather changes. Sometimes heatwaves happen. Try paying more attention to your Weather info on planet overlays from now on :) but yea, heatwave is likely too extreme for basic deserts. I'll ad a lower-tier effect in its place.

17. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

never used it. I have no idea what you refer to.

18. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

Basically you hold in right-click or whatever you use for alternate fire while it charges up like a bow and puts the arm of the character in a throwing position, the length of the "charge" determines the strength of your throw like it would a bow and once alternate is released your character throws the spear towards the enemy(going through them and hitting some block or tangible furniture) with slightly more damage than a normal thrust if I remember correctly and almost double damage if release at the sweet spot of charge. The spear glows shortly after impact and teleports back towards the player's hand, between the throw and the teleport the player is unable to use the spear and has to use a different weapon or use evasive maneuvers until the spear returns which is a good trade off for the amount of potential damage it could do.

I was wondering if that could be implemented in some craftable FU spears or maybe RNG spears.

19. CR207DX

CR207DX Master Chief

https://pastebin.com/4sSUCidC
    There's a time that all people using this mod peacefully, there are adventurous planets, more weapons and villagers, but one fateful day . . . A STEWPID EOF OVERLORD HAS TAKEN AND DESTROY ALL THIS WORLD, AND HE TARGETED ME ON ICE WASTE MISSION

20. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

So, I'm loving these new racial "space stations" (novakid mine, hylotl pagoda, etc) but one thing I would like to note:

They are classified as a Tier 2 area in the cockpit view and can be found in the same places you'd find other Tier 2 content, but the NPCs.... ouch. They hurt. A lot.

I will admit I was slightly undergeared, but dude. Ouch.

Though, the Novakid mine.... considering the really awesome rewards you can get for clearing one out, I suppose some beefier guards is justified lol.