1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.0

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. Arti78

Arti78 Space Kumquat

Hadn't even thought about the food changes, when I ate some meat on my Avali, I got sick. Been sticking to Potatoes mainly, til my rice farm gets rolling.

2. Thom Blair III

Thom Blair III Void-Bound Voyager

I've been looking for Elder Stone, but without luck. Sayter said asteroids can be a good source, but after looking for a while, I'm not finding any. Are there any planet biomes that regularly have Elder Stone asteroids? If I go to one of each planet biome and check their asteroids, am I sure to find some, or is there no biome guaranteed to have Elder Stone asteroids? If that's too much info/clues to give, any other clues would be great. Thanks. Oh, I did see that the item name for Elder Stone is "protorockmaterial" so I tried looking in Proto world asteroid belts, but so far no luck. Does "protorock" refer to Proto Worlds?

3. Sire Nukerre

Sire Nukerre Big Damn Hero

If you're in your ship, most Status Effects won't hurt you at all. But outside, if you eat inappropriate foods your character would turn sickly green and start taking minor poison damage for a while.

EDIT: I think it's safe to assume they (Hylotls) can eat fish-based meat products like sushis and their cousins.
    EDIT EDIT: Cousins as in the type of food groups sushi belongs to: e.g. sashimi

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Now that I think about it... Maybe not?

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
  4. fernworrier

fernworrier Giant Laser Beams

tbh the hydro trays are good for wheat and or rice for money making reasons. i got one tray growing wheat that is perducing over 1k wheat with ease and with my bees making me honey, i can make honey bread for a desent sum of pixals to my name. :p

5. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

I specifically said, right in the update notes for the generator, that it was a WIP because I can't discern why no matter what I do, it does not allow the character any traction on the ground. I'll work out the kinks. For now its doing exactly what I told it to do.

6. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

First, your math is wrong.

{
    "op": "add",
    "path": "/statusControllerSettings/stats/shipMass",
    "value": {
    "baseValue": 31.4
    }
    }

ship mass as set default in player.config.patch is 31.4. Thus, multiplied by 1, that is 31.4.

Ship mass is then calculated as shipMass /10, making it 3.14.

50 is the base *initial* cost of the fuel.

and the code here gives the rest. It works. Try increasing the base in player.config to 9999. expensive.

so the base multiplier for all initial travel is pi. Crew members adjust this ratio, reducing the cost of travel. This also allows me to *increase* it if I choose (should I figure out Events and the like)

The plan has always been to allow craftables that also enhance your ship. I just got sidetracked with so many other things, I haven't yet started on it. Soon, I promise. In any case, the cap is not a hard cap. It was always intended as a temporary one. I disagree wholeheartedly with reducing fuel costs, however. There are so many fuels in FU that if you are starving for fuel in late-game you deserve to be stranded! You can rake in literally millions of units of fuel with nothing more than a lake of water, or algae...not too tough.

7. fernworrier

fernworrier Giant Laser Beams

quick question is there a way to speed up the pumps/ quarry up so there a bit quicker?

8. theCorvid

theCorvid Void-Bound Voyager

I pretty distinctly remember eating a cooked steak as a Hylotl on a non-ship world and getting the "tasty meat, unless you're a herbivore, I guess" status effect, but it did nothing. I also remember eating a currentcorn(?), which can only be eaten safely by Glitch, and I did experience poisoning then - with a status effect that had a similar icon, but said "Glitch Food". This effect does harm my Hylotl, but the one from cooked meat does not. If it's not too much effort, could you (or anyone else) test this for me - eat a cooked steak or other meat-based product on a Hylotl character, on a world, and see if you get the green "tasty meat" status effect, and see if it does anything at all? Just so I know whether or not it could be an anomaly I'm experiencing.

9. rylasasin

rylasasin Cosmic Narwhal

That's Frackin Races, not Frackin Universe.

Don't worry, I've already taken the liberty of reposting this there.

10. Narfkopp

Narfkopp Phantasmal Quasar

I completely agree with high fuel costs. Given how easy it is to get unlimited sources of almost all relevant fuels, having at least some costs applied is the only way to not absolutely trivialize space travel. A single Erithian (sp?) algae stuffed in a hydoponics tray kind of solves any fuel problems for your ship.
    Does the ship accept elder fluid as fuel? If so, then things are already beyond trivial, as one can easily have unlimited amounts of that, too.

sayter likes this.
  11. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I never argued that Late-Game, you get infinite fuel... I am more concerned with not having to go to a moon every other jump during Early Game, is when you get penalized.

It takes awhile to get up to Elder Fluid, Erithian Algae, etc. But before then, you get slapped with these 200, 300+ costs to jump and that 1,000 fuel tank you start with does not last long, especially as I said earlier, if you get unlucky enough to get dumped in a sea of the wrong kinds of stars and end up needing to travel a good distance to get to your next progression, for example, trying to get Titanium or Durasteel right after finishing the Lunar Base.

*shrug*

Perhaps instead of drastically increasing fuel costs, maybe we shouldn't have made ship fuel so trivial and easy to get late-game that you can make automated machines that make an infinite amount of it? I mean to be honest, what's the point of ship fuel when you can make automated stuff that gives you an infinite supply? You can increase the costs all you want, it just ends up making the player do more clicking. You could have it be 50 per jump, 500 per jump, or 50,000 per jump, it's still the same thing, just more clicking and waiting involved. It doesn't add any more depth.

IMO -- reduce the number of valid ship fuels, possibly even go back to Erchius-Only, so the player isn't flooded with valid ship fuel everywhere they go, and thus you wouldn't need such ridiculously high travel costs. I mean, heck, you could even increase the price at Infinity Express so players can't use the Pixel Exploit, even.

12. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Hylotl are herbivorous in FR because thematically it makes no sense for an amphibian with a preference for deeper water to *not* eat any meat. Protein-wise, their richest source would be right in their marine environment, swimming around.

The icon will *always* appear, but that does not mean you are affected negavitly or positively. its simply how starbound handles things. i cannot conditionally show or not show the icon. its either on or off. And if I don't put the icon, people whine and bitch because they can't see every detail...so, you get an icon.

this is why I want objects that influence fuel , and not *just* crew. I think, however, that now may be the appropriate time to add a method to *buy* crew members. I think I'll do that today. Would make an immediate and rather sizeable impact, especially with smart combinations.

Sire Nukerre likes this.
  13. rylasasin

rylasasin Cosmic Narwhal

Fix'd

As I've said in the FR thread though, might help if the races information page on that mod also told us what kind of diet they have. Might help avoid confusion.

Absorb the Job Offers mod?

14. spiraluna

spiraluna Big Damn Hero

Can't speak for pumps but for quarries, not as it currently stands. I figured that it was early-ish game content anyhow or a set and forget sort of thing while you go exploring. Found that once you hit like level 3-4 of the mining laser, it was considerably more efficient just to mine your ores manually than to setup a bunch of quarries and wait for them to do their work.

15. spiraluna

spiraluna Big Damn Hero

I wouldn't mind just a more reliable way of recruiting from your colony, like after X period of time or X number of quests. Like you can do all you can with setting up the right furniture but sometimes it can be a pain to recruit the right person cause you don't know when the quests will trigger or how many of them you need to do in order to recruit them.

Also, if there's the potential to recruit crew straight of space stations, friendly space ships or even rescue crew from dungeons or hostile ships/stations, would be more than happy to do that. Actually would prefer to earn crew rather than buy them since money ain't all that hard to come by.

16. rylasasin

rylasasin Cosmic Narwhal

Actually what would be REALLY cool is if there could be missions for unique crew members, that'd act a bit like "super crew members". Like in the Your Starbound Crew. Of course, I realize this is almost the opposite of what you're going for here, but honestly it's a something a lot of people (especially on the reddit) have been talking about recently.

17. Narfkopp

Narfkopp Phantasmal Quasar

With some tweaks I'd really like that.

18. theCorvid

theCorvid Void-Bound Voyager

While I can respect the logical thinking here, I feel like this is a bit of a leap (pun intended). While you're right about the deep waters, it's also stated that they rear their young in shallow waters, and also makes a lot of references to parts of their culture which require open air. Their amphibious nature means that they pretty well could obtain their food sources closer to the shallows, or even on the land, and that they could have done this before the development of technology. All of this is also based on the assumption that the ecology of their home planet follows similar laws to those of the oceans of Earth, which it might not. Other light and energy sources could support plant life in deep water, and of course the term "plant" is subjective as well.

Not that your logic doesn't make sense, of course. It's a very well thought-out idea, but I feel like it's an unfair stretch to make when the canonical lore pretty firmly states that Hylotl are herbivores. Plus, more nonsensical things have happened in the Starbound universe.

Edit: I should also add that I feel their herbivorous nature is a pretty important aspect of the design of the race, as it adds to the juxtaposition they have with the Florans.

spiraluna likes this.
  19. rylasasin

rylasasin Cosmic Narwhal

20. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I suppose being able to buy crew, I wouldn't have to /spawnnpc them all the time lol. That would be a plus.

And I suppose with actual placeables in the ship that affect travel would be nice too... still think the unlimited materials thing is kinda ludicrous but I'll try and wait.