1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

2. amirmiked12

amirmiked12 Parsec Taste Tester

sayter u added some new race.
    how can we see them in the game?
    I mean like they are randomly generated or they have specific place or quest or something?

and is it possible to make a planet that has ocean biome or sub biome so we can fish in there?
    not just go to the ocean and then fishing

3. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

1. they arent playable race. just for NPC. you can spawn an npc manually (for instance /spawnnpc hylotl nakedvillager )

2. what?

4. amirmiked12

haha.
    i mean to be able to fish in forest and jungle and etc.
    is it possibe?

5. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

From Starbounder.org:
    Fishing
    There are a number of fish which can only be caught using a Fishing Rod. These fish won't be seen swimming in the wild without a fishing lure to attract them.
    Catching each of these fish will complete their entries in the fishing collection screen.
    These fish will only appear on ocean planets (ocean, toxic, magma, arctic). Day or night and depth can also be factors in where they appear. The more rare a fish is the less frequently it will appear.

So no.

6. Enorats

Enorats Void-Bound Voyager

So, I'm pretty new to Starbound. Picked it up a week or so ago, and pretty much added this mod right off since everyone recommended it. I haven't had any real problems so far, but now that I've gotten to the point where I'm trying to set up automated systems I'm getting all sorts of issues. Namely, I can't get the Item Transference Devices to do my bidding.

I'm attempting to create an automated system that pulls water from an ocean world into my undersea base, transfers it to storage tanks, then on to my lab (centrifuges/extractors), and ultimately pulls products out to put into another storage. I got all that working.. with hiccups. The ITD pulling products out of the lab equipment had to be set to Input 2-10 to prevent pulling the water out as well. Biggest problem with this portion so far is that the ITD inputting the water just spews a full inventory into the centrifuges every second, regardless as to the settings. Tried every variation I can think of and nothing changes that. No biggie though, as a couple grabbers and an ITD on the floor cleans up all the products spilling out and channels it into storage.. so, it works.

What doesn't work is the rest of the system. I'm attempting to add a general dropbox that channels items via ITD's to various specialized storage boxes (liquids, blocks, crafting materials, food, seeds..) and then through a repeater to terminals. The lab setup described above was simply going to dump everything into the dropbox to channel all the goodies into the appropriate storage area. Now, my problem is that the ITD's just send anything anywhere. They don't seem to care at all what I tell them to do. I can set one up with a drop of water, set it to exact, and have it as the only input to a box that dead ends at that box.. and I get all sorts of odds and ends showing up that are not water in that box.

After much experimentation with various permutations of storage systems and methods of channeling items to sort them I haven't been able to find a way to make the ITD's sort items as they should if they only grab the exact item I tell them to and only send it to the place I told it to send it to. So, are these just utterly buggered at the moment or is there something I'm missing?

7. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

Post a pic with and without the wires visible, and terminals just show you all the items in the network.

8. Enorats

Enorats Void-Bound Voyager

This is just a super simplified system to show what I'm talking about. Material is thrown into the deposit box, then goes to an ITD with no settings. That outputs to two other ITD's, the top one set to water (water in the item 1 box, with "exact" setting). The bottom has three random things I had in my inventory at the time.. a block, some ore, and a bit of ship fuel. Each is set to "category".

After throwing in a few stacks of water, some ore, blocks, and fuel.. I get all the water going to the top storage, but some ore going to the water storage, some blocks going to the general storage on the bottom, and some ship fuel going to the water storage. I threw in some other liquids (corrupted water, aether, mercury, liquid deuterium) to see what would happen and they all went to the water storage too.

What I expected to have happen is that the water would all go to the water storage, and the other stuff would go to the general storage.. The stuff the ITD's weren't grabbing should just stay in the deposit box.

And I think I just found my problem. Removing the ITD with no settings at the outset of the system seems to solve the problem. It must have been taking everything (because that's what I'd told it to do by telling it nothing) and cramming it all anywhere it could shove it later on down the line, despite what the later ITD's were trying to do. Now to go back to my, er.. more complex system, and remove everything to start from scratch with this knowledge.

I've also discovered the difference between "type" and "category". Category is the item inventory page it goes in, while type is the actual item type (block, liquid, crafting material). Not a single clue what inventory logic is, or what the little red/green " i " button does on input/output. Perhaps inverts your input? You put slot 1 in input, then press " i " to make it green and it takes everything out of all the slots but slot 1?

God I love simplified systems. That's exactly what it does. Maybe now I can plug up all that water pouring into my lab centrifuges.

20170526184442_1.jpg 20170526184445_1.jpg

Last edited: May 27, 2017
  9. NaturesWitness

NaturesWitness Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The little green "I" is in fact an invert. Instead of saying "take from these slots" it tells it "take from slots that AREN'T these ones".
    Inventory logic is similar. Instead of saying "take this exact item/category/whatever", it says " take stuff that ISN'T this exact item/category/whatever".
    Also, I never tried connecting ITDs in direct sequence, that may be the problem. I usually have some sort of storage, be it a box or machine, in between each set. In addition, there's no problem in attaching more than one ITD to the same storage bus. Just drop your initial "splitter" ITD, hook both your sorting ITDs directly to the deposit box, and all should be well.

Zlyvr likes this.
  10. Agusfer

Agusfer Intergalactic Tourist

Just logged in to say that the Hellfire armor isn't showing it's right values of attack, defense, etc. Awesome mod by the way :)

11. amirmiked12

Sayter.will NPC take damage from staying to much under wayet.or totally will they run out of oxygen?

12. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

13. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

14. NaturesWitness

Had a warp-to-ship error using a battle rifle with enemy bomb secondary. Log attached.

Attached Files:

15. Wartavian

Wartavian Pangalactic Porcupine

Where exactly do you find the Cosmic anvils? Iv'e spent two hours trying to look for one.

16. Quinch

Quinch Cosmic Narwhal

Frozen wastes seem to work. Also courtesy of stumbling upon it on Reddit.

@sayter: Before sending in crash logs, any tips on figuring out whether an issue is related to FU? For example, I have, um, onetwothirty-eight different mods running and I'd rather not cry wolf about FU crashing if it's not actually related.

17. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

consult log. consult github for FU. use Search feature. find match? FU. no match? probably not FU.

18. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

what damage type?

19. NaturesWitness

Dang, forgot to check, it was on my brother's save. I think it was cosmic, but I can check with him tomorrow.

20. amirmiked12

sayter.
    I didn't update for a while and now I updated.
    my crews keep jumping like a fu### frog around the ship spawner.
    and I think u mentioned u added enemies aren't stupid .is it causing the bug?

starbound_2017_05_29_14_49_50_741.jpg