1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.0

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. TempTemp

TempTemp Star Wrangler

Well you add the seeds, a liquid like water, and hook it up to a power source. Then it pretty much runs on its own. You can come back later and empty out the whatever the crop yields. The thing uses up the water so you need to put a large amount in to keep it running over a long time (one quick trip to an ocean should last you for days).

An added side feature is that most crops grow much faster then normal. This is very useful for the really slow growing crops.

I tend to only have a small number going at any one time and change out crops as I need them (after you have a few hundred of a crop you tend not to need much more of them for a while). For things that I need a large number of I just use the old fashion farms since they are cheaper and faster to scale up to insane levels.

2. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Live on Github

- arc smelter PGI fixes

- elder tile graphic adjusted to be a bit more interesting to look at. also meshes better now.

- bio-ooze effect corrected

- fixes to

- Shoggoth Dungeon additions (purely terrain/tiles thus far. much improved, but a long way to go yet)

- Shoggoth now drops Shoggoth Flesh

- Shoggoth Flesh is used to craft the Corrupted Armor set

- Corrupted Armor set bonuses increased (more changes coming)

more recipes will use the shoggoth flesh in time. All will be high-tier gear.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
  3. SingABrightSong

SingABrightSong Pangalactic Porcupine

If I may make a suggestion, would it be possible to generate a planetary biome with negative gravity? Perhaps gravity-reversing effects such as grav-rain could set you right-site up, although that might require additional scripting, depending on how the effect is coded. Might also be a good place to put some sort Exotic Matter resource for the Science! particle accelerator.

Also, congrats on graduating from Oxygen Tank to Cosmos Killer.

4. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Didnt even notice my title changed. I honestly don't pay much attention to it.

As for the gravity thing: I have previously considered it, but you'd constantly fall upwards to your death, for the most part. I may create sections (sub biomes , perhaps) that do this at some point, though.

edit: although it would be possible to do it on Unknowns without much issue. But the gravity on them would then be truly random (say, from -120 to +120)

5. Aegis J Hyena

Aegis J Hyena Existential Complex

Sounds like it needs to be messed with to just give a constant grav rain effect. You're bouncing up and down just above the surface of the ground like a trampoline instead. Or maybe a gravity liquid ocean...

6. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

eventually, perhaps.

the reverse gravity worlds are....um.....unique. Not sure it is something I want in the mod on a full biome. Sub-biome, yes. Totally workable.

edit: i lied. Doesn't seem to work for subbiomes. oh well.

7. TempTemp

TempTemp Star Wrangler

Would a zero-g sub-biome be doable? Even just one with insanely low gravity would be neat to have. You would have to move around with things like hooks, and it would be really bad if you went too high up (how the hell do you get back down if you lanched yourself into the sky?!?!).

A secondary feature to such a biome could be lots of gaps in the ground (both forground and backround). So it would be like the world is not held together very well (or at all if the gaps are big enough). Added to the fact that you tend to float there would also be more open spaces which would require more active control to ove around (rather easy to move around if you are floating in a narrow tunnel).

8. TempTemp

TempTemp Star Wrangler

I got a crash when I tried to look at Ultramesh leggings.

EDIT: It seems I made a mistake on my part when I downloaded the lastest version. I just remembered that I forgot to rename the folder and in fact had two versions at the same time.

EDIT2: Well it happened again so the is something wrong with the armour.

Attached Files:

9. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

yea, looks like its calling a wrong file. ill get that fixed up

10. TempTemp

TempTemp Star Wrangler

I was trying out the new magic trader station and I have some feedback. First off it seems that it's missing lead. Really funny since it was the example of an ore I would love to be able to buy. Secondly a search function would be useful due to the length of some of the lists.

With so many item for sale I feel I must say that the sell price of beewax candles should be lower. It used to not matter much as there wasn't much to buy, but now it largely remove the need to go mining. All you need is a hive (you really don't need many at all) and they pretty much print pixals for you.

Finally I feel that there is a bit of an issue with item bloat in the Matter Assembler. It takes a very long time to find stuff on the menu after a while. It might be worth it to put all the arms and armour in their own station since they acount for much of the bloat. Call it something like the foundery or armoury. Just an idea of how to make things a bit easier to use.

Aegis J Hyena likes this.
  11. Aegis J Hyena

I like Foundry. Maybe simply a "weapons station" and an "armor station" and a "ranged station" to further break things up.[DOUBLEPOST=1446848964][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Grav Ocean biomes would mean you'd need to add weighted boots and such to counteract its effect now that I think of it... utterly paralyzing you on superdense, but useful for low-grav. On the other hand, it's certainly easy to get to the surface after an underwater trek!

Now I'm envisioning grav-liquid cores...

12. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

allright, ive done a TON of edits on the shoggoth dungeon today. I'm going to take a break from this goddamned thing for a bit once I get some monsters re-added.

I've tried 15 different approaches but still cant get some of the new assets to place in the instance. I can place them manually, but they won't spawn on their own. It's like they can't find the room (theyre huge) even though I tried it on a 200 tile wide expanse with nothing on it. grrr.

Push tonight will mainly consist of these edits, and a fix for the Ultramesh pantses

13. Aegis J Hyena

Maybe there's a limit on asset size, and your stuff exceeds it? It's a wild guess but other than that I got nothin'

14. Reilsss

Reilsss Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello I got a small question.
    Why I'm not allowed to abound the quest "Assassin's Plight" ?Found it on a waistland planet, then the game poofed me to another galaxy and I cant find for the live where I got the quest from... x.x

15. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

thats why you bookmark planets when you find those quests on them. Otherwise you'll have to come across the same NPC by sheer luck to progress on that questline.

16. fernworrier

fernworrier Giant Laser Beams

so find any errors with the post :p i'm having fun digging into alot of planets trying to find as many elder stuff as posable. also what armor should i use if i plan to tackle the dungeon of yours?

17. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

well, once I push it, itll be at least tier 5, though I am leaning towards tier 6. So come equipped. The one currently in-game is tier 7 or 8 i think. Not certain though.

18. Brainia

Brainia Void-Bound Voyager

How do you get tungsten I NEED TO KNOW.

19. chean

chean Pangalactic Porcupine

From last week's (2.18) update notes:

20. Brainia

Brainia Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks you're the best . Now away to make a super diverse style base.