1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. pierrot246

pierrot246 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I crafted an artic set and tested it , but the extreme cold still afffect me (Deadly Chill) and S.A.I.L said that I shouldn't attempt further exploration, despite the armor saying immune to cold while the buff icon display immune to deadly cold, confusion ? Also the mushroom blade appears to be broken.

2. jsomnia

jsomnia Big Damn Hero

Greetings. Server's been working fine after I posted last time. Great work as usual.

Couple of bugs to report. Crystalline Cannon causes a crash when it's wielded, presumably due to the special or some issue with it, it reverts to Shrapnel Bomb after I load back in.

Went to a jungle world, got kicked back to the ship, myself and my mate.

Was on an Aether Sea world, and as mentioned above, SAIL bugs me constantly about Sulfuric Acid. Am immune to it via EPP Augment.

The Magma Golem exhibits strange behavior when summoned from a capture pod. These symptoms include instantly bursting into magma and dying upon aggroing on an enemy, all the way up to "dying" and becoming a neutral mob and spawning it's minions, able to be killed by myself.

Server logs are below!

https://pastebin.com/w9hT96kt

3. Dzelda

Dzelda Parsec Taste Tester

Talking about the FU ones. Ive been spending an age and a half trying to find the Erithrean Pack, even after I unlocked it with the algae. :/ Are they still being revamped or is that too on the Armory? Its been vexing searching through the crafting trees on github. As far as they mention, there IS no way to make them. (ProtoPack- Erithrean, Quantum, Antimatter etc. )

4. nefrem

nefrem Phantasmal Quasar

Very sad news.
    I really hope you will find work soon.
    Fist bump, bro.

5. Dymence

Dymence Yeah, You!

EPPs are on the vanilla armor crafting station.

6. macrollat

macrollat Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hey, Sayter, what does the deserts 'unconfortably warm" weather does? I've been trying to find info abou that on the update notes with no success, sorry if I overlooked it.

7. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

1. go to a new strange sea. old ones had a wrong effect on them.
    2. poisongas is blocked with either gas immunity or poison gas immunity. Get a gas mask capable armor.
    3. the closest you have is checking on your own, or using a Lab Directory, but that wont help with unlocks. No way exists to track them otherwise.

jungle fix is easy enough.
    Aether Seas require Aether immunity now, not acid immunity. Not much offers it just yet. Cosmic Resist will help substantially. I'll get an augment in for it today as well since it is needed.
    magma golem was never intended to be a pet, so im not too concerned about that bit. But without a log from the moment he @#$@#$#@ up, i cant tell what the issue is anyway.

edit: hmm. Crystalline Cannon seems perfectly fine to me? causes me no issues anyhow. can you make it crash and send the log please?

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  8. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

nothing too terrible:

the hotter you get, the higher your movement gets disrupted. After the "grace period" of about 2 minutes passes, the heat will start sloooooooooooooooooowly doing damage to you and applying the speed changes. Also, the heat will make you hungry faster.

Blocking it is easy though: 15% Fire Resist, or immunity to sandstorms or the desert effect itself. So it won't do anything to you unless you aren't blocking it.

Same basic effect, but with a higher cutoff point, occurs on Jungles/Rainforest

macrollat likes this.
  9. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

10. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

11. amirmiked12

amirmiked12 Parsec Taste Tester

awesome mod .updates every weeks, days, and minutes..
    i just dont know why chucklefish doesnt hire you and your group.
    did you ever talk about this to them?
    cause i was in starbound.com and they were saying they are hiring peoples.

lordbociek likes this.
  12. macrollat

Though I understand your point, I think it is better if Sayter and his group maintain their independence, I think they have been doing a way better job than Chucklefish on this game...

13. macrollat

Also, I have a request: can we go back to smelting chunks of metal in the furnace again, please? I think it makes more sense than using the extractors...

14. Lord Humungus

Lord Humungus Big Damn Hero

Trying to smelt stone and ore into dwarves using the furnace only produces crazy, alcoholic dwarves. The planet this was on was Boatmurdered-32B.

15. amirmiked12

amirmiked12 Parsec Taste Tester

sayter my game crashed to main menu when ever i hover my mouth over combined aug and tell me this.....(AssetException) Error loading asset /interface/tooltips/Replace Me.tooltip.....do you know what causes this?
    my log
    https://pastebin.com/GSJ1ckKc

16. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

Got some projectile error:

[23:28:16.701] [Error] Exception caught loading asset: /projectiles/gasburst/gasburst2.projectile, (AssetException) Could not read JSON asset /projectiles/gasburst/gasburst2.projectile
    [...]
    Caused by: (JsonParsingException) Error parsing json: bad string, should be '"' at 19:5

Log: https://pastebin.com/upuaG2AP

17. adaxe

adaxe Subatomic Cosmonaut

1. With v 5.0.43, I just went to a planet several screens away from my current location, and this "new" strange sea is still bugged. I even deleted the .world file of this planet and let the file regenerated , but it doesn't make any difference.

2. I tried an armor with gas immunity, but was still poisoned in the strange sea.

Should I try some farther planet?

18. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Are you sure you updated from the latest GitHub?

19. adaxe

adaxe Subatomic Cosmonaut

I checked it by the in-game mods interface. It says 5.0.43.

20. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Live on Github

Gonna need some testing. So use the github build if you don't already, please and thank you.

EPP Revamp Phase 2: Implementation

the following have been added as EPP packs:

Acid
    Poison
    Poison II
    Poison III
    Heat II
    Heat III
    Cold II
    Cold III
    Radiation II
    Radiation III

* All vanilla and FU major biomes revised with the new weather effects
    * most "immunity" effects are now phased out. All EPPs are now without total immunity.

* instead, each tier protects up to a certain amount of resistance. You can traverse without sufficient resistance, and will suffer effects based on your current level. However, if you are at a certain level of resistance for the biome, you can completely block the effects. These are still *mostly decided* with a simple word description:

Low/Moderate, High/Severe, Deadly

So just remember that Deadly almost always means "get the third tier pack or this is going to suck to be you".

These changes also mean that in most cases, you don't even *need* EPP packs. You can simply stack resistances with plants, armors, or other items (or racial bonuses from FR).

We'll be testing this for a day or two before moving anything forward. PLEASE report any issues.