1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

FU already does that for its stars. It simply leaves it alone in vanilla ones to keep thigns uniform for players expecting it to behave a certain way. So, clearly, it can be done just fine.

2. Gratuitous Lurking

Gratuitous Lurking Space Kumquat

Moons aren't really a problem, I've got about four of em in this system too X3 The prob was I was having issues finding sand for glass (and thus no EPP and so on) but FU already had a contingency, I was just an idiot and didn't see it earlier. Idunno, the mod seemed OK to start with, maybe I'll drop it once the upgrades to space travel actually drop, that's sure to screw up world stuff again anyway.

3. khalox

khalox Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Possible bug: Upgrading Translocator I to Translocator II does not delete the original Translocator I from my inventory.

4. spiraluna

spiraluna Big Damn Hero

Huh. I knew that was the case with hotter star -> hotter planets but didn't notice that within a given system i.e. hotter planets closer to the star, cooler ones closer to the outer rim. The things you learn... :)

5. Kirbyroth

Kirbyroth Pangalactic Porcupine

that cause Translocator I isn't used in the recipe

6. khalox

khalox Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Indeed. My bad.
    I thought it should upgrade the same way as the ore detectors, it says "upgradable tool" after all.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  7. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

and now you won't be able to *not* notice, that I've pointed it out :) at least you know "if im in an FU star, I know temperature matters for position" now. Will make finding things easier for you. For example, Rainforest cannot appear in too-hot or too-cold regions. Nor can Forest, etc. But Sulphuric needs warmer conditions, and an ICe Waste obviously needs Hella Cold.

8. spiraluna

spiraluna Big Damn Hero

That's awesome! So I presume with the FU stars the temperature order is something along the lines of binary -> blue -> red -> dying -> black?

Whatever the case, would be nice to see some info along these lines on the wiki, both in regards to star temperature hierarchy and planetary positioning.

9. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I like the temperature zones and all, but one thing I wish, is that we could more reliably find certain planet types, especially now with increased fuel costs (I've yet to play since that update as I've been busy with other stuff).

With increased fuel costs, I'm not going to be zipping here, there, and everywhere looking for (insert planet type here), lol. Nor does stripmining whole moons sound like my idea of fun. But I try to keep open-minded about stuff; I'll give it a try before I bash it.

I just wish I didn't have to spend 30 minutes at a time checking planets to find that one specific planet type I need.

Also wish the game (I know this ain't FU's fault) didn't group like stars together. I miss the days when there was more variety, and I didn't see, say, 30 gentle stars all near each other, and then there's 20 blue stars over there, and such. That makes finding specific planet types even harder.

10. amirmiked12

amirmiked12 Parsec Taste Tester

hi sayter ......can u help me ..my game started to freeze for 2 seconds near my houses.. here's my log file http://pastebin.com/dHgyHm0t everything is good but this ..

11. Gratuitous Lurking

Gratuitous Lurking Space Kumquat

Admittedly one of the big reasons why I use OrePlants for my playthroughs. It doesn't work on a lot of the more advanced materials and block types on FU for Satyr's request, but as far as ore, base blocks, and the various plants (including liquids like Erichius fuel) it lowers the grind a bit to a place you can set up in your lab. I'm going to try and figure out the item networks after this too now to try and make it even easier on me doing such things. :p

12. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

Caused by: (AssetException) No such asset '/items/active/weapons/nightar/nightarancientblade/nightarancientblade.animation'

That was fixed a few versions ago. Update to 17b. Not sure what's going on with all the missing assets from other mods, though.

13. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

Don't take this the wrong way, but shouldn't you play the game and form a proper opinion of the whole "increased fuel cost" change before you decry it as a massive hindrance?

I've played since that update, and in my opinion... it's really not an issue. Few flights cost more than a double-digit amount unless you're going really far. Add that to the fact that getting fuel is ridiculously easy (raid a moon, plant energywood, plant toxic trees, centrifuge some poison, centrifuge some water, grow algae...), and I don't see the problem. I fly on a topped-up tank almost all the time.

14. TylorBane

TylorBane Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Not sure if this is a this mod thing, or an avali thing, but the epp recipes are vanilla for avali >.>

15. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I didn't "decry it as a massive hindrance", I said that it had the potential to make running around looking for rare planets tedious and wished that said rare planets could be easier to find?

I mean even I said right in the post, "I'll keep an open mind about this, but I've certain misgivings about it."

Now, if I turn out to be wrong and it's not a problem, hey cool. We'll see, etc.

Well then he mustn't have increased it very much. See, the patch notes made it difficult to really picture in your mind, how much exactly it was increased. I was expecting, say, 200+ fuel to travel one grid square or something. But if it's not that bad, then fine. *shrugs*

I think you read more into my post than I was really intending to say.

I suppose part of that fault lies with me, I could have worded it better. It was more a lament about rare planets being difficult to find than it was a lament about fuel.

16. Plasmataz

Plasmataz Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hey @sayter what's the possibility/ chances of adding in craftable survey probes that you can launch in a general area with a request to find a certain planet-type? Preferably it would be a mid-game item that when launched in a general direction would keep traveling/ hopping between star systems until it detects a trace of the planet-type you wish to locate and creates a visual field on the star map that encompasses a wide range of stars to check but has a high possibility that within one of those star systems is the planet you are looking for? False-positives could be implemented for a risk / reward type scenario. Could potentially be upgraded to travel faster / less fuel / narrower area to manually search through? It sounds difficult to encode but do you think there's any possibility of including an entity like that (especially given the upcoming space changes and star map update)?

17. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

there is absolutely no support for that in the current API.

18. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Yeah, I was figuring that if some sort of planet type search was possible, you would have already done that seeing how annoying it is to find some things, lol.

19. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

okay guys...

Live on Github : Revamped armor sets. Note that only tier 1 and 2 are "done" and tier 3 is only just started. some things need to be shuffled around still, as well. But the gist of it is, some GREAT changes to armor sets. I think you'll adore the new way they work and the new possibilities they afford to gameplay. We can do weapon bonuses, effects, and all sorts of other stuff now.

please give them a shot and see what you think.

also, a ton more QoL stuff:

* increased drop rate of seeds on dunestalk and bolbohn

* Void Storage name color changed to pink to match other Storage from FU

* Roof extractors have been removed. All extractors instead place on ceiling or floor based on where you yourself place it

* extractors now have an input node for use with the Item Network

* slight graphical glitch fixed on Densinium rifles "phantom" stock

* cryopod mob given a bit more nastiness

* aquapod mob added to rainforests and oceans. They can water your gardens for you if you catch a couple! (inspired by quicksilvers recent reddit post)

* Blast Furnace and Arc Smelter UI given a more clear indicator of the input node (thanks to Randomize User and his video series for bringing this to my attention)

* Armor set bonuses have been revamped. We have a *lot* more control now over what each set can do, and more indicative icon tooltips to give info on armor set bonuses.

* corrected sell price of Growing Trays

* added timer to crafting of FU stations

* All Tier 1 and 2 FU armors have adjusted set bonuses, or reworked stats. Each now fills a particular niche in style and biome preference. Tier 3 has been started on, and the rest will follow soon after.

* adjusted display in tooltips for some cramped FU armors

* corrected production rate on wooden sifter to 25%. Was typoed in at 55%.

* updated visuals on Monster Plated helm. It looked dumb. Now it looks less dumb.

20. amirmiked12

amirmiked12 Parsec Taste Tester

hey man..tnx for letting me know there's a new update ..i did that..but didn't help.. can u explain more..its killing me bro.log http://pastebin.com/VbT3evCY