1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.0

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. ixidron

ixidron Starship Captain

It is according to the code.

2. ixidron

ixidron Starship Captain

Well I've checked both the code and then in-game with thousands of materials, to make sure I wasn't misreading it.

https://github.com/sayterdarkwynd/F.../crafting/fu_woodensifter/fu_woodensifter.lua

if math.random(1,100) <= 55 then
    fu_sendOrStoreItems(0, {name = getoutput, count = 1, data = {}}, {0})
    end

Tested it in-game with several thousands items and the average is around 550 items per 1000.

https://github.com/sayterdarkwynd/F...s/power/isn_powdersifter/isn_powdersifter.lua

if math.random(1,100) <= 33 then
    fu_sendOrStoreItems(0, {name = getoutput, count = 1, data = {}}, {0})
    end

I tested this one too with even more than the last one and the average seems also consistent with 330 items per 1000.

3. A-Vladimir

A-Vladimir Scruffy Nerf-Herder

can't wait for that update :D

4. Gratuitous Lurking

Gratuitous Lurking Space Kumquat

Here's a derpy situation I'm in. Right now, there seems to be no planet that I can reach without any form of sand that I can actually gather glass fun.

Well, at least on coursory surface glances on the planets I can reach. Either way, I got:
    A wasteland world, which is mostly comprised of Dry Sand (close but not quite)
    A barren world that I've set up shop on.
    A Tidal world but the short jump on it's shores reveals it's mostly coral for the landing island, and not gotten the pixels for a boat yet
    A mutant world, and my poor little Fenerox certainly ain't landing on that yet.
    A stable gas ball, see irradiated world
    And a Rainforest, which once I get a bit more protection may have an oasis or something, I dunno.

Either way, the need for glass is really stumping me right now. Is there some source of it I'm overlooking sans the gravel to sand recipe in the Medievil crafting station?

5. fernworrier

fernworrier Giant Laser Beams

have you tried digging down on your starter planet? every time i make a new char each starter world had a sandy/silty area around the middle area of there starter planet.

6. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

wtf version were you even using? centrifuges have been fixed for some time now. They also havent used three separate itemMaps for a while.weeks.

7. omegavvarrior

omegavvarrior Scruffy Nerf-Herder

5.0.17b, downloaded it last night. The item maps are all contained within the centrifuge_recipes.lua now, I'm aware. Like I said it was really bizarre. I ended up pulling centrifuge.lua from the master, popped it in and boom it suddenly started working perfectly.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  8. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

odd. corrupted file i guess.

9. omegavvarrior

omegavvarrior Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I guess, what I should have done but didn't even think about at the time was done a file compare of the buggy one and the master version and exported the found differences to a log file and sent it in. At the very least though I haven't been able to replicate the problem so I think at this point its a null issue.

10. Gratuitous Lurking

Tried that, no sand to be found that wasn't wet or dry sand :S Hell it had a frozen sub-biome in part of it. Pondering trying the dig down on my barren or wasteland planet, that may lead to sand maybe?

11. fernworrier

try that and hope for the best if anything look and see what makes glass and try to find those items. maybe sayter or some other modder can make an item that crushes cobblestone into gravel then put the gravel in to be crushed into sand?

12. Gratuitous Lurking

Funny about that, did finally manage to find stone, but there is indeed a recipe for 1:1 stone to gravel in a crafting station even... ^^; In fact the Medievil Workstation has it under the block tab. Feel a bit derp for not seeing it earlier, but hey, it's solved and that's what matters.

Maybe there's a way with the Sifter as well, but I've not really tried the Sifter out yet, considering it may be something that requires power and I've not quite gotten enough Gardenbots of ore and food to dive down that rabbithole yet :p

13. Kirbyroth

Kirbyroth Pangalactic Porcupine

go to a desert planet you find all sand you could need

14. fernworrier

i think he yet to get his ship fixed and he's unlucky to not have one in his starting area i don't really know.

15. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

It's impossible to have a starter system without a desert planet. FU and vanilla both explicitly require it. So he must have another mod that screws with it installed.

16. Plasmataz

Plasmataz Subatomic Cosmonaut

It's possible he might be running TrueSpace as well. That without a doubt messes with what planets spawn around stars.

17. Gratuitous Lurking

Ding ding ding, we have a winner! Yeah, I use the Truespace + FU version, and I just got really unlucky with the base planet selection's surface layers.

18. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

how is a universe mod that absolutely screws up progression any fun? If you have no moon etc...youre screwed.

19. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

You can always buy fuel from Infinity Express at the Outpost, though.

20. spiraluna

spiraluna Big Damn Hero

Speaking of the Truespace mod, I like the principle of the mod i.e. within a system, hotter planets are closest to its star and cooler ones further away, hotter stars having hotter planets etc. However, as people have been alluding to, there's a lot to be desired when it comes to its execution. Also not a fan that there was no warning that installing the mod is a one way trip in terms of your universe, though in hindsight it should have been obvious. Those are a few hours I wish I could get back.