1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

In the incubators

2. ambrose

ambrose Astral Cartographer

I know, what do I put in the incubators to hatch raptors?

3. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

what do you *think* you put in the damned thing to hatch raptors? lol. What do raptors lay? Clearly lettuce and cheese.

The currently established live version here on sight is still a bit buggy though. If you are using the Github build you should be fine. The actual pak file however, is less so.

comet1337 and Xylia like this.
  4. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

yea, already fixed in the github build

Cassinho likes this.
  5. Cassinho

Cassinho Big Damn Hero

I do not know how to mess with this, I'll wait for a final version

6. LegendXCarisso

LegendXCarisso Pangalactic Porcupine

Easy. Go to the github link in the mod description, Click the "Clone or Download" button and download as a zip... then rename "FrackinUniverse-master" to just "FrackinUniverse", drop in mods folder. :3

Cassinho likes this.
  7. Cassinho

Cassinho Big Damn Hero

worked, thank you.
    What's the difference using folder or .pak?

8. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Folder is updated much more often.

9. comet1337

comet1337 Big Damn Hero

just redownloaded from github
    all guns are critting all the time

WHY IS THERE DOZENS OF RED GLEAPS FALLING FROM THE SKY
    i appreciate all the pixels and living roots, but why

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
    Monijir likes this.
  10. LegendXCarisso

I think he meant the file types specifically.

Aaaand to answer, in a TL;DR sorta sense:

.pak = Better compressed, read-only, easy to simply drag-n-drop.... can in extremely rare cases have issues depending on your computer.
    Folder = All files are loose, can be edited immediately, takes awhile to extract from a .zip, but has zero issues as far as computing-based glitches/errors/etc. go.

11. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

guns do not crit all the time. In fact, the rate is *much* lower. Crit indicators are new. Crit values have been heavily reduced on all weapons...you're using an older one, and this makes it easy to see just how often they were critting before. Hence the reductions. Crit math also halves the impact from "Level" of a weapon now, rather than counting it as a flat bonus. So you lose 3% base crit chance, and additionally lose 50% of your old weapons crit value.

The sky spawning thing..ill look into that. That part is for sure my screwing with spawners last night.

the folder version is "Nightly" for FU. Sometimes things are broken or funky

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  12. LegendXCarisso

Well here's hoping I find this bizarre weather called "It's Raining Gleeps" before it goes away. D:

13. ambrose

ambrose Astral Cartographer

HOW DO I GET RAPTOR EGGS? That is the question that I have been attempting to ask, what planet, what recipe, who do I have to through money at?

14. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

no one. Go to a primeval world. Kill some raptors or steal their eggs from nests. I figured finding raptor eggs would be pretty common sense :)

ambrose likes this.
  15. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

16. Hazenjong

Hazenjong Scruffy Nerf-Herder

With the new update I am no longer able to catch bugs. The bug net no longer interacts with bugs and gets stuck in its "swung" animation after you swing it.

17. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

yea, bows busted too. my bad. will fix

18. Hazenjong

Hazenjong Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Bows and bug nets are working again. Cheers for the quick fix.

19. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

20. Mailboxhead

Mailboxhead Master Astronaut

Bringing a Volcanologist crew member down to a hot planet doesn't seem to protect me from the deadly heat affect. Are they bugged at the moment, or are they just meant to protect from lava and fire-based combat?