1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. darkwish98

darkwish98 Void-Bound Voyager

Just installed, about EPP's, why do higher tier EPP's not get the effects from the lower ones? Atleast for vanilla effects?
    I went to a moon with my Cooling EPP on and i was suffocating... why?
    Is the only way around this to carry a million EPPs with me?

2. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

because there are dozens of ways to get the other effects provided. Some are built into FU armors, there are augments, plants that grant the effect when eaten, medicines/stims, special bandages... and tons of other things. That is why. The default EPPs are stupid because of the stacked effects making all previous planets utterly without threat. Now you need to strategize.

3. darkwish98

darkwish98 Void-Bound Voyager

But what about the armors then, do i have to wear sets much less defensive to deal with like radiation planet?
    I mean ill just look this up as i progress but since i dont plan to make a new character... some of this stuff should be mentioned on the main page i think

4. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

It means you have to make a choice.

Do you want awesome armor and damage? Then wear the appropriate EPP or carry some food.

Do you want a permanent light source? Then wear the rad-proof armor and use a light EPP. OR, use a light EPP and stick a Radiation II Augment in it, and continue wearing your awesome armor.

Do you want an Energy Pack with a Light Augment? Then you will need rad-proof armor which might not be as good defensively/offensively.

It causes you to mix-n-match instead of building t6 armor and going "I got the best armor." and never changing your armor ever again. That's kinda boring IMO.

There are dozens of sets of armor in FU -- you're meant to experiment with and wear these different armors. What's the point of putting all of these armors in the game when only 3-5 of them will get used?

That's why we don't have a One-Size-Fits-All EPP, until the very end of the game when you've mastered every threat. THEN you get to stick a single item on and forget about it.

But until then, you get to explore with different materials, EPPs, Augments, and Armors. Assess what you wish to do and what protection(s) and equipment you will need.

5. dk6640

dk6640 Space Hobo

Well I just thought I'd ask, in case others had that issue as well. No need to do extra work if it is a simple fix. I'll go elsewhere for help. Thanks.

6. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

whether or not they have, there is no guarantee that the cause was the same. Hence the starbound.log file

7. LegendXCarisso

LegendXCarisso Pangalactic Porcupine

Well... after carefully checking all my mods... and even placing Frackin' Universe in the mod folder by itself, I've determined there's a bit of an issue with... uh... bear stuff?

[23:25:44.734] [Error] Could not load recipe /recipes/ff_stations/clothingfabricator/bearlegs.recipe: (ItemException) No such item 'wool'
    [23:25:45.129] [Error] Could not load recipe /recipes/ff_stations/clothingfabricator/bearhead.recipe: (ItemException) No such item 'wool'
    [23:25:45.414] [Error] Could not load recipe /recipes/ff_stations/clothingfabricator/bearchest.recipe: (ItemException) No such item 'wool'

8. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Live on Github

* Hellfire set loses its Nova effect, and gains a formal Set Bonus, as well as a buff when immersed in lava, and a HP, Energy and Physical Resistance buff in Infernus, Dark Infernus, Volcanic and Magma biomes
    * Densinium rifle energy requirement increased
    * bears and wolves now drop pelts. They are the *only* creatures to do so.
    * pelts are required for Bear and Wolf armors
    * Bear and Wolf armor unlocks corrected, and recipes fixed
    * fixed a bug with the Wretchel plant
    * new algae seed icon from ChucklingPotato
    * updated Bracken Tree appearance by ChucklingPotato
    * eye cannon behaves a lot differently and is no longer insanely overpowered
    * added new subbiome(s) (surface/underground) : Tentacle
    * Matter Assembler now has an additional tab for helping unclutter sections. You'll find "tool"-type items there
    * Armory has two new tabs: Bow/Ranged, where staves and bows are kept...and a Misc. tab for things such as boomerangs and magnorbs
    * moved Mining Guns to the microchip(technology) tab in the Nanofabricator, along with the ore detectors

* Wiring:
    * added Shadow Wolf TJCs "Wired Pack", which adds a ton of new wiring goodies for you to play with!
    * Different varieties of AND, OR, and XOR Gates, some of which have 3 inputs, while others may have a built-in Data Latch and/or Not Gate.
    * A Master Logic Gate that combines an AND, OR, XOR, NAND, NOR, and NXOR Gate, with an optional Data Latch also built-in!
    * Relays (basically an inverted Not Gate that merely replaces the Or Gates as a relay).
    * An emitter that, like an unconnected Not Gate, acts as an always-on output device, only more compact.
    * A broken emitter that does the same thing, only that it's always offline. (Perhaps this can be used to keep doors, lights, and switches sealed?)
    * A timer with an extremely short rate.
    * A wider variety of Delay Gates.
    * A variety of pulse transmitters, that send out a pulse with a variable duration whenever their input node goes live, then turn off until their input node goes live again.
    * A variety of inverted pulse transmitters that stay live until their input node goes live, which will then temporarily disable the inverted pulse transmitter's output node for a variable amount of time, and then reactivate its output node until its input node goes live once more.
    * A Countdown Delay Timer, which will only activate once its input stays live for at least a designated period of time (kind of like a normal Countdown Timer in reverse).
    * A more advanced liquid sensor with multiple output nodes that will individually activate depending on what it senses.
    * A wider variety of Wall Switches! Some of them combine the functionalities of a Small Wall Switch, a Persistent Switch, a Not Gate, and/or a Data Latch in a single package that may or may not be interactive!
    * Binary Sequencers that, through their inputs, can cycle between various states, either forwards or backwards, and turn on one of their many output nodes based upon which state they're currently in. Some sequencers also allow players to switch to any given state directly through additional inputs. (And yes,most of them also have an optional Data Latch built in.)

* New Station: Farm Well (from EggstraClucks, recoded for 1.2.2)
    * Placing this well will allow you to produce water locally, making early game water acquisition substantially less troublesome. You'll find it in your Foraging station

alloy627 likes this.
  9. LegendXCarisso

LegendXCarisso Pangalactic Porcupine

...And this right here folks is what you call quality customer service. Sayter #1! <3

10. Gratuitous Lurking

Gratuitous Lurking Space Kumquat

So, bit of a weird one. I'm working on testing Nebulites before the proper release, and I landed on a fungal world, traveling around for Tungsten. I recovered a Cargo Crate I had originally thought was from Avali Triage (mainly due to the fact it's an Avali crate and the blocks nearby were also Avali). However, I figured out it was meant to be a FU thing when standing at the bottom was giving me radiation damage and the source was Liquid Irradium...

So thus leads to my bug report. I recovered the cargo crate to use on my ship, however every time I place it, I'm seeing new randomized loot inside of it instead of, well, a cleared inventory I can safely store stuff in. Pretty sure the ability to drop it, loot it, pick up, and drop again to reloot wasn't intentional :p

As reference, it's the Avali-style Cargo Crate with 128 slots.

EDIT: Also, still having that issue with collections for FU not showing despite having prerequisites for custom collections

11. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

For collections you *ned* the Custom Collections UI mod. Im not sure its here, but it is on Steam.

the crate....though that I had fixed all instances of that issue. no biggie, but thanks.

12. Gratuitous Lurking

That's what I'm saying, I HAVE the steam version of Custom Collections UI and yet the FU collections are not showing. I'm not sure if it's just because I have other mods with collections or some other incompatibility somewhere :S Trying to track it down.

13. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

mine appear fine. are you clicking the "gear" icon on your Collections menu? thats where you find them

14. Gratuitous Lurking

Quite aware of that. On my end, all I see is 'Manufacturer's Trading Cards Series 1' and 'Trading Cards' from the two other trading card mods that use the collection support. And yet I'm still getting items to register in the collections is the weird part, as I pointed out a while back when crafting bone armor.

15. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

yea, no idea. I still see them on my end.

16. isblimidar+14

isblimidar+14 Intergalactic Tourist

When i add this mod i get an error, something about a double occuring name 'liquidbeer'

17. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

something else you have has the same liquid in it. I'd need a list of your mods in your starbound.log

18. Cassinho

Cassinho Big Damn Hero

[14:11:18.751] [Error] Could not load recipe /recipes/ff_stations/clothingfabricator/bearlegs.recipe: (ItemException) No such item 'wool'
    [14:11:18.989] [Error] Could not load recipe /recipes/ff_stations/clothingfabricator/bearhead.recipe: (ItemException) No such item 'wool'
    [14:11:19.207] [Error] Could not load recipe /recipes/ff_stations/clothingfabricator/bearchest.recipe: (ItemException) No such item 'wool'

Attached Files:

19. ambrose

ambrose Astral Cartographer

The nano-fabricator, that is where you craft the tech.

20. ambrose

ambrose Astral Cartographer

How do you hatch Raptors?