1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinRaces 5.3

Enables racial abilities for all Vanilla races, and many modded ones too!

1. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

2. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

3. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

4. Senpai Deviljo

Senpai Deviljo Cosmic Narwhal

Can someone else help me confirm this but when i use nightar the shadow strike on the passive of the 2 hands freezes and i can't attack until i swap and reswap weapons.

5. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

6. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

I had the same issue with florans and various spears and/or bows earlier this year, make sure your version is of the latest, use both frackin universe and races, and make sure your starbound correlates with the mod version you're running.

If the problem persists, post your starbound log in pastebin that has the error and hopefully soon sayter will see it and someday fix it.

Not to mention it could be the nightar mod itself that causes the issues, have you checked with that modder yet?

7. Senpai Deviljo

The modder for nightar did made it 1.3 but idk would i have to check if he makes a patch for FR and/or FU?

Edit: heres my starbound log if that would help.

Attached Files:

8. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

Man that log is HUGE! Or maybe average, I haven't seen a lot of pasted logs. But I do see a lot of errors consisting of failed to load image assets among other things.

Only nightar related errors I found were these:

[14:14:41.326] [Error] Could not apply patch from file /npcs/friendlyguard.npctype.patch in source: ..\mods\NightarMod. Caused by: (JsonPatchException) Could not apply patch to base. (JsonPatchException) Could not apply operation to base. (TraversalException) Tried to get key 'nightar' in non-object type in pathApply("/scriptConfig/dialog/hail/nightar")

[14:18:37.941] [Error] Could not load image asset '/interface/scripted/techupgrade/suits/nightar-female.png', using placeholder default.
    (AssetException) No such asset '/interface/scripted/techupgrade/suits/nightar-female.png'

[14:18:37.995] [Error] Could not load image asset '/interface/scripted/techupgrade/suits/nightar-female-head.png', using placeholder default.
    (AssetException) No such asset '/interface/scripted/techupgrade/suits/nightar-female-head.png'

And this one comes up repeatedly:

[14:45:56.299] [Error] Exception while invoking lua function 'update'. (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/items/active/shields/shield.lua"]:391: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value (field 'blockCountShield2')

And if I remember correctly the nightar's main bonuses come from the sword and shield type of equipment so maybe you could have the nightar modder and maybe sayter have a look at what's going on there..

9. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

10. Senpai Deviljo

I want to know how to figure out logs file and since you said the shield ones appears repeatedly. Is it saying it happen every time i use the shield since i do rock the sword and shield for my character?

11. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

Mostly you just look around for "[Error]" and then follow the line in some form of text editor where you can then more or less figure out for yourself what the problem is even if you don't know jack about the code involved. My guess is it has to do with "perfect blocking" where with every block you gain some form of defense or whatever the case is and it fails updating the value, which might cause the error. Then again your problem isn't with sword and shields it is with the shadow strike ability.

Do you still have the problem with frackin races out of the mods folder? Because if so then it's not frackin races and rather the nightar mod itself. Now that I think about it, there was an update of FR involving nightar earlier in this page that gives them a bonus with longswords. Try using an earlier version of FR(earlier than 4.0.28) and see if that fixes stuff for you. If so then there may have been something sayter missed that's causing some issues.

12. Senpai Deviljo

Haven't test it without FR but i'll get the time to do it tomorrow and reply.

13. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Shield issue is 100% FR. Will correct soon

14. Senpai Deviljo

15. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

16. Senpai Deviljo

I like the cubi because i wonder what will be their ability for it. but phantasm is cool because sycthes are fun to use but my race excels in swords sadly. :c

17. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

18. ihsan07

ihsan07 Space Hobo

Possible bug: Glitch energy gets stuck at zero. Re-entereing game fixes the problem.
    Edit: Not sure but it seems to be triggered by being hungry. Refilling food bar doesn't help at all. And player doesn't take damage from mobs after the bug is triggered.
    EDIT 2: I am sure now. If you get hungry, it gets buggy :D

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  19. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

20. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time