1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinRaces 5.3

Enables racial abilities for all Vanilla races, and many modded ones too!

1. LordInsanity

LordInsanity Orbital Explorer

Novakid now has a weakness to electricity and a resistance to cold. Shouldn't that be the other way around? An energy being should resist electric and lose heat faster in the cold. Well I'll fix that for my personal use anyway. If anything I would make electric heal rather than damage energy beings. Of course in game terms that would likely unbalance things and be no fun to play.

My personal views about energy beings aside, thanks for all the work you do on the Frackin' Mods.

2. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

3. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

4. LaughingAlex

LaughingAlex Ketchup Robot

I actually think Novakid are fine as they are. Novakid are actually weak vs physical and have lower health, meaning most enemies hit them harder. In exchange they are resistant to fire, cold and radiation, making them perfect as a race for someone who wishes to be able to settle on hot/cold/radioactive planets or explore them without sacrificing offensive stats to heavily. They are optimized for players wanting to play a risk-heavy-but-awesome-at-range playstyle.

Electrical weakness is also something to worry about when facing FU NPC enemies frequently, meaning nova-kid have to get even more out of there high offense with guns.

IMO, to many races are weak vs heat or weak vs cold, and so many of the highest tier hot and cold worlds also require oxygen protection or also poison protection, some even requiring all of them forcing the player to use densinium armor later. It's nice to have a race that instead sacrifices in durability instead of environmentals while still retaining better damage dealing. Nova kid are tbh, right up my alley; I hate having to use a heat 2 augment for all hot environments when playing say, floran or apex purely cause I have a heat resistance penalty or stress out about protecting vs cold and losing an augment slot that could have been used for tile movement protection to prevent slipping and falling know?

I'm more than willing to take the hits in both physical and electrical resistance.

5. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

6. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

^^^^ this guy gets it.

7. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

sayter updated FrackinRaces with a new update entry:

Read the rest of this update entry...

8. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

9. rylasasin

rylasasin Cosmic Narwhal

(haha oops I just realized this is the wrong mod thread. Silly me.)

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  10. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

11. Senpai Deviljo

Senpai Deviljo Cosmic Narwhal

Too bad the only way to play ningen now is getting it off of steam. :c

12. lizabell

lizabell Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  13. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

14. Senpai Deviljo

You know what would be a cool idea implemented if both nightar and ningen was like the exact opposite from each other. Just a idea seeing ningen excel when they're in light while nightar excel in darkness.

15. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

16. Legodeppe

Legodeppe Void-Bound Voyager

Having issues with the Nightar's Shadow Burst ability. Whenever the ability triggers and hits an enemy, the game crashes to the main menu with the following error:
    Nightar Error.PNG
    Log attached.

Attached Files:

17. LordInsanity

LordInsanity Orbital Explorer

Thank you for this explanation. I have only been playing FU for about 2 months now and haven't gotten any character past tier 2 planets yet. (I prefer a slow steady exploration play style.) So the whole environmental protections thing hasn't really come up significantly for me yet. I was mainly thinking in terms of enemy damage types. In that context weakness to electric and resistance to cold seemed backwards. When factoring in the environmental stuff on higher tier worlds it makes perfect sense. (And the only other option to keep game play balance is to make poison the weakness, which makes even less sense than electric from a style perspective.)

Seriously, thanks for the insight.

18. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

19. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

20. Senpai Deviljo

idk if this is a bug but when i use short and shield or duel one hand with nightar. one of these thing happen when i block/perfect block a enemy attack i can't put down my shield and is frozen in one direction blocking or when the shadow strike proc my character freezes in one diection (still able to move) but can't attack anymore. The only way that i was to fix it was swapping the weapon set and going back to it. It's quite a pain when it does that and surrounded by enemies.

Edit: sorry if theirs typo i just woke up and have to get ready for a event.