1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinRaces 5.3

Enables racial abilities for all Vanilla races, and many modded ones too!

1. Sydonai

Sydonai Void-Bound Voyager

Do you have a list of Links to the various supported Races?

2. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

3. DukeScrewface

DukeScrewface Phantasmal Quasar

will this work right if i add it to an existing universe & characters?

4. rylasasin

rylasasin Cosmic Narwhal

You forgot to make a familiar.species.patch.

5. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 Parsec Taste Tester

6. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

didnt forget them. Haven't done em yet.

7. DukeScrewface

Happens immediately first time my char logs in after restarting the server. Removed everything but FrackinRaces-3.0.5 and still get the error. (plus new errors from Community Hairstyles Pack V1.5 since my crewmember was using it). So it seems like its a problem with frackinraces. I installed frackinraces at the last minute after my character was already created, so that's probably the problem. My glitch character is still poison immune though.

1. Is it still possible the conflict is with frackinraces?
    2. As the mod author, can you speculate on what the effects might be? Is there a ("value") in frackinraces?
    3. Any advice on resolving it?

Guess I could remake my character, leave gear on planet, use admin to give myself the same number of upgrade modules I had before.

Attached Files:

8. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

well, it literally says right in what you pasted "frackinuniverse" and not "frackinraces" so thats issue 1. This has nothing to do with FR. Should have posted this on the FU page :)

its not a crippling error anyhow, but im not sure what file is causing it. I'll need to take a peek at patch files, as I am aware of the issue but its not addressed just yet. Once I do fix it, it will simply stop appearing. It would be nice if the damned logs told me *which* patch file was faulty.

"hey, 200,000 + files and one of them is not right" is useless.

"hey, 200,000 files and this *particular* one is the issue" is what should happen. grr

just for informations sake, what is going on here is:

"you're trying to add something to (whatevervalue), but there doesn't appear to be a (whatevervalue) to add it to in this item. Therefore, I am going to ignore it, and tell you this is wrong, but not where or why."

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    DukeScrewface likes this.
  9. DukeScrewface

Well, earlier someone speculated it was a mod conflict; so I thought I had isolated the source of the conflict; and if someone has a conflict with FU, it's probably better for that mod to change than FU. I psted the issue itself there as well, but I thought the questions belonged here, it was an honest mistake. I thought some other mod was overwriting a bunch of awesome FU content with less cool stuff.

Removing FrackinRaces removed my glitch character from the roster entirely so I couldn't verify that the error actually goes away without making a new glitch and playing him for hours. So I take it other ppl have seen this and is probably not a mod conflict after all.

Greatly appreciate the info; any little thing you know about whats going on is a heck of a lot more than I know; so thank you.

so... frackinraces should definitely work fully even if added after character creation, and I can stop worrying about that? Because it's been bothering me ever since I set it up. Have glitch, floran, and novakid chars on server if that matters.

10. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

11. pitfiend

pitfiend Void-Bound Voyager

got this amazing mod, found some weird things:
    - it includes .git folder, making it unnecessary big
    - file version says it is a version greater than what the mod reports
    - it is not packed as other mods

12. Lindazana

Lindazana Cosmic Narwhal

-The .git does add a significant size to it, but it's as easy to fix as deleting that folder. Takes even less effort than it would to move the mod to your mods folder.
    -Main page shows version 3.0.6, while the metadata of the file shows 3.0.4, yes. Pretty much the same thing as a typo, as versions of this mod doesn't make much of a difference.
    -As for the packing, do you mean because it's not in a .pak file? MANY of the mods here are in open folders. It's easier to do it that way on the mod-makers side of things, and it allows the players of a mod, if they know how, to modify or tweak a mod as they like. In this case, if you thought a particular race had a super unfair racial, you could just get rid of it.

That said, I'm having a little confusion with the mod myself. I've tried to add in entries for the arachne and the beldahor races, but despite copying another race's abilities (Slime and Gyrusen, respectively) replacing every mention of the race with the new one, I can't get it to work. I get the feeling I'm missing something super obvious, but can't tell what...

13. pitfiend

pitfiend Void-Bound Voyager

I already delete, pack and put under my mod folder. I just mean that a super high quality mod like the Fracking Suite, needs to be more user friendly in every aspect. The mods are really cool, have no complains to report. Super Kudos to Mod Dev!

14. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

15. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

16. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

Well, I WAS going to hit Reply to Thread, then suddenly "You have 1 new alert(s)." :nuruhappy: Seems the issue with Matter Manipulator Manipulator was fixed for non-boosted races. Will look at the others after work.

17. LaughingAlex

LaughingAlex Ketchup Robot

Ok I kind of held back from this but I felt no one else mentioning it has gone long enough and it's gotten old: The racial elemental weaknesses are to strong and discourage playing anything other than human. There I said it.

The fact is, taking double damage from fire makes floran unplayable anywhere fire is involved(I took over 60% damage in WAR ANGEL from barely touching molten metal). Apex/Glitch/Hylotl cannot hope to survive electrical obstical courses(which have way to many precision jumps and don't even reward the player :(, instantly died on an electrical course once...yeah.... ) due to taking 75-90% more electrical damage. Even the Avians which have a very powerful advantage probably have to severe of an elemental weakness. Thing is, these weaknesses are such they discourage playing non-humans outright, and if humans had a weakness to i'd just not want to touch the mod in general.

Anytime an elemental weakness on a race/class has to be around, it has to be proportionate to the rarity and it cannot become excessively common later. High tier planets in frackin universe all tend to have fire or ice, so Floran/avian become "gimp" races. Any planet with lots of robots ironicly leave the "tank" races weak to, thanks to frequent electrical damage.

Tone the weaknesses down. The worst a weakness could be should be around 30-40%, at the most, and that should be for rare elements. Ironicly, other than shadow damage, nova-kid have the right idea from what i've seen; 25% more poison damage rather than double. Though even shadow could be down to -40% from -100%.

The weaknesses just make me not want to use the mod, or only play human, they are to much.

18. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

19. Gratuitous Lurking

Gratuitous Lurking Space Kumquat

I'm gonna humbly disagree. Truth is you can somewhat easily negate some of the elemental sssues and even then, +50% damage in early planets equals about at most 5-10 damage bonus, and by the time you get the higher damage levels you usually got the stats to survive easier. Also helps that knowing what planets cause what issues (desert will equate more fire enemies, so going a bit slower is recommended) and I think it can be managed. And then of course, FR is a companion piece to FU, so in that mod's arsenal you get all the nice toys to help reduce or possibly even negate certain element types.

20. DukeScrewface

Obviously I like and use all your mods. I play a glitch, and even with the reduced hunger rate, I have to constantly devote a fair amount of time and effort to getting food. The base hunger rate is bad enough already; I feel like further increasing the hunger rate of vanilla races (apex/floran) even beyond this makes them hard to play unless you want to spend more time grinding food than actually playing the game. Maybe some people do want to play with enhanced hunger rate for the challenge, but it's most likely a great minority; Historically, in many games there's an argument whether having an eating system at all adds to or detracts from gameplay. There must be some better way to handle this than supercharging an already borderline disruptive hunger mechanic? I don't know what, but like... maybe apex floran can only eat certain things for full effect, or they have a shorter food meter but it still decays at the same rate, or something. It's actually pretty hard to thing of a good idea but that's all I could think of off the top of my head.

Imagine you have a race that's overpowered but passively uses up coal from its inventory: not only is it annoying to play because you need to sit there grinding coal, which is boring and doesn't contribute significantly to gameplay(plus you'd always run out of torches), but it's still overpowered since once you have the damn coal you're still unbalanced. Or if the race isn't unbalanced then you have a race that requires extra grinding for no justifiable reason at all. This is the same thing but certain races passively use up food, and races most mainstream players want to play to boot.

I guess it's no big deal because you can just play on casual if you didn't want to eat in the 1st place; but just putting my 2 cents in.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
    Presios Saiyan likes this.