1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated FPS-Booster v3 Pre-Release of V3 Upbeat Giraffe

FPSBooster

1. Bert John

Bert John Big Damn Hero

2. Bert John

Bert John Big Damn Hero

3. Instans

Instans Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Is it possible to make more settings for mod? Like optifine for minecraft.

4. Bert John

Bert John Big Damn Hero

Sadly not, The only way i can do that is modifying the game code itself[outside of the modding API, and creating a unwrapper and re-wrapper] which im not gonna do tbh, too much work just for a simple little thing that the developer's will do in the future anyway's.

If you got any other suggestions, id love to hear them!

5. Instans

Instans Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I use your mod, modified properties of starbound.exe and modified starbound.config. All this makes it playable 15-20 FPS. But recently I found FrackinFlora mod, and in his new biome "protoworld" had a strong lags of the game (8-10 FPS). As it turned out, this is due to the large number of glowing plants and dense fog. So, did you know a way, for example, disable the animation of fog or lower the quality of light? Another good thing to fix plants, because a large number of planted trees or agricultures also gives low FPS. And I had the idea to turn off ALL the animation in the game, except as a player and mobs.

Last edited: May 29, 2014
  6. Bert John

Bert John Big Damn Hero

I Could modify plant's, and tree's, however, i cannot modify them to the point where it would make a major difference for you, But i CAN recommend this mod to help you with your frame-rate issue:
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/extra-zoom-levels.982/

Edit: ^What i mean by modify to make a difference is, it's either i spend 10 hour's making the leaves and re-texturing, or removing them entirely, id like to keep this mod as original to the game as much as possible, but also keeping frame-rate at a low, so for example, the tesla spike, its animation happens 6 times per second, and plays a sound constantly, so i removed the sound/animations, and now it gives better frame-rate but also still gives you that tesla spike feel

Adjust it to whatever works for you, you can make it REALLY small so it boost's your framerate or meet it in the middle between 2 and 4, at 3.

Fog however, im going to look into

7. WildWolfofDark

WildWolfofDark Void-Bound Voyager

Just a few questions. Can you add a way to stop the light flickers as well? I would assume those use some resources. Is there a way to stop/limit the amount of falling objects (such as rain or meteors)? Can you remove extra particles such as the 'spatter' from shooting a wall?

8. Bert John

Bert John Big Damn Hero

Q: "Can you add a way to stop the light flickers as well?"
    A: I Can make them not flicker at all, However, i don't think it will help all too much as if you have them spammed on your screen, it will lag quiet a bit.

Well Why's That? The way starbound work's for some reason, FPS Wise, Every "Thing" that isnt like cobblestone, or dirt, is considered a "Object" With a bunch of customizability options on it.

When you have let's say 50 furnaces all in the same area, it's gonna drop your Frame-rate. But if you have 50 dirt block's, it's gonna be like ok whatever.

Q: "Is there a way to stop/limit the amount of falling **Particles**"
    A: For rain, im gonna look into, meteor's, im not sure, i havent really experianced any meteor storms tbh.

Q: "Can you remove the extra particles such as the **Splatter** from shooting a wall?"
    A: Sadly, it's not actually the splatter that's causing the frame-rate issues, it's actually the bullet's and it's speed of fire, it's a similar scenario with the objects in question 1#

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
  9. WildWolfofDark

Do the decor plants on planets, such as grass, count as objects or not?

10. Bert John

Bert John Big Damn Hero

EDIT:

Woops, missed the word planet's, I don't believe so tbh, They might drop your frame-rate by like one, but nothing much or noticable.
    ^Aswell i haven't noticed any lag with them, so i wouldnt worry about them tbh

However, Actual plant pot's and such, are most likely a object and will lag you more likely[if you have a 100 of them all within 3ft of one another

Edit2:
    Just like to say, don't be afraid of objects, be afraid of having 100 of them all placed down within 5ft of one another

11. WildWolfofDark

What about the rotating stars in the background?

12. Bert John

Bert John Big Damn Hero

only thing that lagged[Noticably] was the cloud's in the background, and ive since removed those. Star's are fine[Unless you can prove there is an issue with FPS and them]

13. Bert John

Bert John Big Damn Hero

Just an status update, i created a extreme weather world, so im gonna see what kind of FPS drops and what from...

Note: I might make this Boost into a different mod entirely as when i looked at the sprite sheets, there all mostly 3x5 sprites, with fps booster i changed the sprites from 800x600 to 1x1, so changing these sprites to 1x1 might not have the same affect, might haft to remove the code entirely, but even then, i dont think that will work in multiplayer tbh, as all generation and status effects etc are all server side. So im assuming server handles generation of rain projectiles aswell. so i honestly don't have high hopes for this, however i can fix that lag with fog tho

14. WildWolfofDark

I'm just throwing out ideas with the questions I've asked. Even if you could wring out a few more small things that could give 1 FPS each, then I'd be happy. Honestly I play Minecraft with better performance at 20 FPS. lol But I do appreciate your mod and yes, it does help, so thank you for it.

15. DrVoodoo

DrVoodoo Cosmic Narwhal

Greetings to you, John. I have one question for you: Can you make another version of this mod, that does not remove background? I've got decent fps, but when it comes to tech dungeons, with all that electric traps... So yeah, i would appreciate that.

16. Bert John

Bert John Big Damn Hero

Well instead of me making a whole other download, ill just tell you that you need to remove every FOLDER, EXCEPT for OBJECTS folder, keep the fpsbooster.modinfo file, Rest can be deleted and it should work.

Original:
    [​IMG]

What it should look like after you made the changes:

[​IMG]

[If that doesnt work, ill see what i said wrong, but really that should work[I havent been playing starbound lately, friend introduced me to a new game, little addicted atm, so if it doesn't work, ill log in and see whats wrong, but im 100% positive that should work]

17. DrVoodoo

DrVoodoo Cosmic Narwhal

I will let you know if it doesn't work. I only need to find dungeon with tesla spikes.
    Also, i am curious about that game. May i know what is it?

18. Disco2

Disco2 Existential Complex

Hopefully you get 1100 downloads! :DD

19. Bert John

Bert John Big Damn Hero

Im at 1,137 Total download's :)

20. Bert John

Bert John Big Damn Hero

Mount And Blade: Warband, im a bit of a medieval fanboy, the sieges really got me hooked xD